Spanish slang clarifications

Thread: Spanish slang clarifications

Tags: None

damarys said:

"Planchar" is to "iron".... like "tengo que planchar mis pantalones" (I have to iron my pants). I'm just trying to figure out how that word came to be... you know how I am about words.
    Maybe there is another definition to "planchar" I don't know about.

bebestylee said:

sera planchar la chocha....que yo nunca ah escuchao esa palabra..... Me dejaste curioso!
    Dime cosas dulces para que cuando te las tengas que tragar, no te sepan tan amargas!!!

damarys said:

@bebestyle - walking on air said that it was a term used in a show "12 Corazones ". I don't know where that show is played but it sounds specific to that area.

bebestylee said:

Quote Originally Posted by damarys View Post
    @bebestyle - walking on air said that it was a term used in a show "12 Corazones ". I don't know where that show is played but it sounds specific to that area.
    That show is given on Telemundo.....it's based off of an Argentinian game show...but it's now recorded in LA California. The host, Penelope Menchaca, is actually Mexican...So I'm going to assume that the term is mexican. I think it's just a slang way of saying sex. Just like in Puerto Rico we say "Undir Pelos".
    Dime cosas dulces para que cuando te las tengas que tragar, no te sepan tan amargas!!!

walking_on_air10 said:

Everyone on the show always seems to know what it means, and they're from different countries...so I don't know...?

6. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by walking_on_air10 View Post
    Everyone on the show always seems to know what it means, and they're from different countries...so I don't know...?
    well i'm sure they don't let the actors on not knowing what a word means jaja

Zahra2008 said:

yes guys "planchar" have two contexts:

1. to iron= tengo que planchar mis pantalones//I have to iron my pants

2. to have sex= vamos a planchar // lets have sex

you have to be careful with who and how the word is use...
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

walking_on_air10 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Zahra2008 View Post
    yes guys "planchar" have two contexts:

1. to iron= tengo que planchar mis pantalones//I have to iron my pants

2. to have sex= vamos a planchar // lets have sex

you have to be careful with who and how the word is use...
    Ohhh, ok. I was told that "cuchi" is like a slang prefix that makes something sound cute or something.

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by walking_on_air10 View Post
    Ohhh, ok. I was told that "cuchi" is like a slang prefix that makes something sound cute or something.
    yes, you are right... I know differents meanings:

1. cuchi cuchi
    sometimes to the babies
    // like I heard in english you say "pick a boo" or somenthing like that

sometimes for your love ones
    tu eres mi cuchi cuchi= you are my sweetie/sweetheart

2. cuchiceo/cuchichear= like gossip
    //ella esta cuchicheando= she is gossip

3. cuchiplanchar= like I say to have sex

I hope you can understand me ...

walking_on_air10 said:

Haha, ok. I understand. Thanks

Zahra2008 said:

you're welcome darling....

12. dmoney101 said:

i've got 2 words that i hear a lot, but never understood, cajaro and vacilar. i'm pretty sure cajaro is a cuss word, but i'm not sure what it's supposed to mean, and vacilar, i have no clue. i just know i hear it a lot from puerto ricans (mainly in reggaeton music)

citlalli said:

Hi! Well, at least in Mexico 'carajo' is like a softer way to say 'sh*t', and 'vacilar' can mean to joke or to party
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

xiurell said:

here "vacilar" is used for young people with the meaning of "engañar, tomar el pelo, burlarse o reírse de alguien"(making fun, laughing, to pull someone's leg, etc.)

citlalli said:

Oh yes, you're right dear Xiurell! it also has that meaning in Mexico ('te está vacilando= he's pulling your leg/winding you up')
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

arux said:

Quote Originally Posted by dmoney101 View Post
    i've got 2 words that i hear a lot, but never understood, cajaro and vacilar. i'm pretty sure cajaro is a cuss word, but i'm not sure what it's supposed to mean, and vacilar, i have no clue. i just know i hear it a lot from puerto ricans (mainly in reggaeton music)
    Vacilar is also to have lots of fun.

damarys said:

Okay... well I blew that in a translation I did recently. I thought vacilar was like vacillate, like in hesitating, thinking about something. Oh well... I may have to go back and fix that.
    Thanks!

citlalli said:

Hi Damarys Now that you mention it, it also means 'to hesitate', so it basically depends on the context:

http://buscon.rae.es/draeI/SrvltCons...3&LEMA=vacilar

damarys said:

I just need to be up on the latest lingo. I'm not around very many Spanish speakers, which is why I come to the forum, so my Spanish is sort of stagnant. Thanks for the link to El Diccionario de la Real Academia. My dad used it as a bible while I was growing up. Ha!

citlalli said:

I basically use the RAE dictionary only for work