Spanish slang clarifications

Thread: Spanish slang clarifications

Tags: None

arux said:

[QUOTE=dmoney101;652849]reggaeton never was really good. it's not about the lyrics, just the beats because everyone likes to dance it.

Yeah I agree on that. It just feels nice to dance to reggaeton. Also partly because of how its danced, and sex is always a tasty condiment for the masses. However due to the nature of the market and the repetitive nature of the beat people get eventually tired and new things emerge to quench the thirst for the new thing. Regardless it will always be fun for me.

2. RoyalDominicanChula<3 said:

Quote Originally Posted by arux View Post
    Hey is it me or is reggaeton almost dead?
    i was thinkin tha same thing... most reggaeton stars have actually merged to this new Urban sounding music.. like wisin y yandel... either way i still luv tha music

3. dmoney101 said:

[QUOTE=arux;652859]
    Quote Originally Posted by dmoney101 View Post
    reggaeton never was really good. it's not about the lyrics, just the beats because everyone likes to dance it.

Yeah I agree on that. It just feels nice to dance to reggaeton. Also partly because of how its danced, and sex is always a tasty condiment for the masses. However due to the nature of the market and the repetitive nature of the beat people get eventually tired and new things emerge to quench the thirst for the new thing. Regardless it will always be fun for me.
    yea, the beats get repetitive, but the old school straight perreo will always be my favorite.

x0babiigirlx0 said:

Cool slang......plzzzz help.....

anyone fluent in spanish who is able to read slang??????
    x3.:EsCaRliN:.x3

x0babiigirlx0 said:

thanks again !!!!!! lol were you able to get a translation on that other song from the other page????

x0babiigirlx0 said:

are these mexican slang words ???? i'm not quite sure but sometimes i hear the hondurians and mexicans saying it but also sometimes salvadorians like me lol but i'm not quite sure if these are or not????

k pedo k onda

k p2

simon

cantona

lol not sure if these are slang but i would like to know what these one's mean i hear them used alot !

7. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by x0babiigirlx0 View Post
    are these mexican slang words ???? i'm not quite sure but sometimes i hear the hondurians and mexicans saying it but also sometimes salvadorians like me lol but i'm not quite sure if these are or not????

k pedo k onda

k p2

simon

cantona

lol not sure if these are slang but i would like to know what these one's mean i hear them used alot !
    k pedo-what's up
    k onda-same as above
    k p2 is short for que pedo
    simon=si
    idk what cantona is but un canton is your house

Zahra2008 said:

simon = yeah / yes
    cantona = house / big house

and yes.. these are mexican slang
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

x0babiigirlx0 said:

ohhhh lol niceeee i'm starting to learn alittle bit now !!!!!!

what's caile???

carnal

chale

firme

i hear these alot also i know these are deff mexican slang

Zahra2008 said:

caile = come here (over here)

carnal = brother and/or friend

firme = firm / steady

chale = is kindo of = no / damn / oppps / when you want to say something is ugly / unpleasant / that you don't like it

chale = is of central Mexico and basically is use to expressed disappointment, not satisfaction, but taken with disgust unexpected resignation and calmly

Zahra2008 said:

coz basically you are asking slang.. I moved your post to the slang thread...

x0babiigirlx0 said:

thanks Zahra !!!!! =]

citlalli said:

Quote Originally Posted by Zahra2008 View Post
    caile = come here (over here)

carnal = brother and/or friend

firme = firm / steady

chale = is kindo of = no / damn / oppps / when you want to say something is ugly / unpleasant / that you don't like it

chale = is of central Mexico and basically is use to expressed disappointment, not satisfaction, but taken with disgust unexpected resignation and calmly
    "Chale" is also used to express surprise: "¡Chale! ¿Viste qué cara hizo?" (Wow! did you see his/her face?), "¡Chale! ¿Qué onda?" (Hey! What's going on?)
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

14. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Zahra2008 View Post
    firme = firm / steady
    firme is also used to describe something as being cool

x0babiigirlx0 said:

Exclamation Help with slang!!! plzz =]

Anyone able to help me with these slang words because if i could have that translation i could be able to understand the songs better!!!!

rakata

Jangueo y aventuras

16. karmenrundiss said:

wut cualto mean?
    tu no tiene cualto
    yes i jUS saiD tHt,YeS ItS tRue,YuR A juMpOFF!

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by karmenrundiss View Post
    wut cualto mean?
    tu no tiene cualto
    cualto = cuarto = room (if I'm not wrong, Puerto Ricans tend to pronounce the R as L)

tu no tiene cualto = you don't have room

x0babiigirlx0 said:

Lightbulb help with mexican slang words!!

need help with these mexican slang words because i hear these alot but not quite sure what they mean and they are used in some phrases i've heard before!!

carrucha

cagua

careja

califas

rifando

clica

citlalli said:

Quote Originally Posted by x0babiigirlx0 View Post
    need help with these mexican slang words because i hear these alot but not quite sure what they mean and they are used in some phrases i've heard before!!

carrucha

cagua

careja

califas

rifando

clica
    -Cagua: I'm not sure, but I reckon it may be short for "caguama", which is a one-litre bottle of beer (very popular in Mexico )

-Careja: mmhhh, I've never heard this before... are u sure it's not "carajo"?? (Carajo is something like "hell", "f*ck" or "sh*t" ).

-Rifando: "rifarsela" means to take a big risk.

The other ones don't tell me much really; sorry... I'm mexican btw...
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

20. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by citlalli View Post
    -Cagua: I'm not sure, but I reckon it may be short for "caguama", which is a one-litre bottle of beer (very popular in Mexico )

-Careja: mmhhh, I've never heard this before... are u sure it's not "carajo"?? (Carajo is something like "hell", "f*ck" or "sh*t" ).

-Rifando: "rifarsela" means to take a big risk.

The other ones don't tell me much really; sorry... I'm mexican btw...
    i got the rest because it's all cholo words (and well..i know a lot of cholos lol)

clica-click, gang
    carrucha-beat up old car
    califas-name for california

i thought rifando was smoking weed, but i guess not :P