Takhs Bourmas - Ths Fantasias Thily / ΜΠΟΥΡΜΑΣ ΤΑΚΗΣ - ΤΗΣ ΦΑΝΤΑΣΙΑΣ ΘΗΛΥ

Thread: Takhs Bourmas - Ths Fantasias Thily / ΜΠΟΥΡΜΑΣ ΤΑΚΗΣ - ΤΗΣ ΦΑΝΤΑΣΙΑΣ ΘΗΛΥ

Tags: None
  1. EllieB said:

Default Takhs Bourmas - Ths Fantasias Thily / ΜΠΟΥΡΜΑΣ ΤΑΚΗΣ - ΤΗΣ ΦΑΝΤΑΣΙΑΣ ΘΗΛΥ

Hi!

I am new here and speak a wee bit of Greek, but not enough to understand (exactly) what this song is saying. The chorus goes (from what I can hear)

Χρονια εσυ παντου και'εγω αλλου
    Χρονια εγω εδο και'εσυ αλλου-λου-λου......

Which I can pretty well figure out by myself, but the verses are much harder. And I cannot find the Greek lyrics ANYWHERE; have trawled all over the web and Greek, English AND Greek-glish!

Anybody's help would be much appreciated, even the Greek lyrics written down would allow me to translate it myself, albeit with some misinterpretation :-)

Cheers

Ellie

2. Zizoulaki said:

Σ'είχα πλάσει στα όνειρά μου από παιδί / I had created you in my mind, since I was a child
    Μα όσο πάει ο καιρός και πιό πολύ πονάει / But the more time passes, the more it hurts
    Είναι που δε φάνηκες κι αυτό το Μάη / It's that you did not show up this May, too
    Και βουλιάζω σε μια μάταια προσμονή / And I am subsiding in a vain expectation

Μια φορά σε ένα σπίτι φιλικό / Once in a friend's house
    Σ'είδα να φοράς λευκό φουστάνι / I saw you wearing a white dress
    Όμως έφυγες με ένα Γιάννη / But you left with some "Yanni"
    Και μ' ανέβηκε ένας κόμπος στο λαιμό / And I felt a lump in my throat

Χρόνια εσύ παντού κι εγώ αλλού / For years you're everywhere and I am elsewhere
    Χρόνια εγώ εδώ κι εσύ αλλουνού / For years I am here and you are someone else's

Σε κρατούσα στο μυαλό μου ζωντανή / I was keeping you alive in my mind
    Μα αργούσες κι όπως κύλαγαν τα χρόνια / But you were late and the years were passing
    Φτάσανε πρίν από εσέ τα πρώτα χιόνια / The first snow came before you
    Και φοβόμουν στο χειμώνα μη χαθείς / And I feared that you would get lost in the winter

Τελευταία μια τσιγγάνα μου'χε πει / Lately a gipsy woman had told me
    Για εκατό δραχμές πως θα σε συναντούσα / That I would meet you for a hundred drachmas
    Μα όπως μιλούσε από μέσα μου γελούσα / But as she talked I was laughing inside
    Άσ'την είπα να γλυκάνει την πληγή / I said, let her sweeten (comfort) the wound

Χρόνια εσύ παντού κι εγώ αλλού / For years you're everywhere and I am elsewhere
    Χρόνια εγώ εδώ κι εσύ αλλουνού / For years I am here and you are someone else's