A song that soars on high that can no longer stay inside,

A heart that fears its dreams will never once be seen,

A hand longs for the touch of the one they love so much,

A cry of desperation, succumbing to frustration,

A tear so helpless falls unseen, was never there at all,

A wish upon a star that you'll notice who they are,

A smile that tells the world just how much they hurt,

A soul tired to the bone of always being alone,
    "If you were me, then I'd be you, and if I were you, I'd hide somewhere faraway..."

2. mexico62 said:

Hi katie13, only two questions, if english is your native tongue, cause you are very fluent and go exactly to the point. (I mean you express your words with talent and sense), the other question is if you write other items, like novels or short tales, You are great, keep on posting please.

Katie13 said:

Thanks, Mexico62, I'm glad you liked it.
    Yes, English is my native and basically only language (unless you count my fumbling French as a second). As a matter of fact, I do attempt to write short stories and novels - most are not finished, however, and I think I've only one short story that is good to go
    "If you were me, then I'd be you, and if I were you, I'd hide somewhere faraway..."

4. mexico62 said:

Hi again, I´m new here, I like to write too, but my original language is spanish, so I hope you continue posting. I think you are doing a good job, and hope you consider to go to a publisher cause I see a huge potential in your work, congratulations and Thank you very much for sharing with us.

Doug Denslowe said:

Wow!Katie13,I'm a fan.It'll take me a few more times to take in this epic poem.This is so far beyond my poems,I almost feel like giving up.(I said Almost)Can't wait to see your next post.

Katie13 said:

Haha, thanks guys. Glad you enjoyed it