Back to School 1 2011 - Seattle University

Thread: Back to School 1 2011 - Seattle University

Tags: None
  1. SteelersFreak1 said:

Default Back to School 1 2011 - Seattle University

Got this one a little bit early, there's a new format, new videos, still of a campus in the background, new font and it seems like a few artists recorded songs for American Eagle in Nashville so they have multiple songs on the playlist, which is pretty cool, so anyways...as always feel free to add more!

U.S. Royalty - Equestrian (BTS video song)
    Arctic Monkeys - Don't Sit Down Cause I've Moved Your Chair
    Foo Fighters - Rope
    The Libertines - Don't Look Back Into The Sun
    Toro Y Moi - Still Sound
    Shad - Rose Garden
    Local Natives - Sun Hands
    Brett Dennen - Surprise, Surprise
    The Thermals - Not Like Any Other Feeling
    Death Cab For Cutie - You Are A Tourist
    MNDR - Cut Me Out
    Eliza Doolittle - Skinny Genes
    Gorillaz - On Melancholy Hill
    Rai Knight - Persistence
    Los Campesinos! - There Are Listed Buildings
    Sea Monsters - Riff Jam
    Foster The People - Helena Beat
    Datarock - Amarillion
    The Submarines - Shoelaces
    The Who - Baby O'Riley
    Tom Petty - I Won't Back Down
    U.S. Royalty - Monte Carlo
    U.S. Royalty - Fool To Love (Like I Do)
    Telekinesis - Dirty Thing
    Tokyo Police Club - Wait Up (Boots of Danger)
    TV On The Radio - Will Do
    Vivian Girls - Dance (If You Wanna)
    Hanson - Give A Little
    Peter, Bjorn and John - Second Chance
    Neutral Milk Hotel - Holland, 1945
    Friends - Friend Crush
    Florence + The Machine - You Got The Love (xx Remix)
    Delorean - Stay Close
    Cut Copy - Take Me Over
    Raphael Saadiq - Day Dreams
    Dengue Fever - Cement Slippers
    The Postelles - White Night
    The Cave Singers - Dancing On Our Graves
    Beady Eye - For Anyone
    Brother - Darling Buds Of May
    The Hundred In The Hands - Pigeons
    Rayland Baxter - Mountain Song
    Lissie - Cuckoo
    The Airborne Toxic Event - Changing
    Phoenix - Armistice (Yacht Remix)
    Outasight - Everything
    Generationals - Greenleaf
    Lissie - Little Lovin'
    Title Tracks - Turn Your Face
    Robyn - Call Your Girlfriend
    Toddla T - Take It Back
    Weezer - Jamie
    The Dodos - Black Night
    Maritime - Annihilation Eyes
    Brass Bed - Miniature Day Parade
    Rooney - Holdin' On
    Figurines - New Colors
    Kaiser Chiefs - Like It Too Much
    Lissie - When I'm Alone
    Jessie J - Abracadabra
    Thomas Tantrum - Sleep (RAC Remix)
    Pet Clinic - Stop Wasting My Precious Time
    The Ettes - Marathon
    Nikki Lane - Gone Gone Gone
    The Feelies - Should Be Gone
    Shirock - Still Young
    Let's Get It - We Don't Care
    The Vaccines - Wreckin' Bar (Ra Ra Ra)
    Last edited by SteelersFreak1; 07-07-2011 at 10:18 PM.

Hco471Model said:

I'm excited for this already. "You Are a Tourist" is one of my favorite songs right now.
    You guys have this in way too early though. It isn't supposed to be in until July 5.
  3. SteelersFreak1 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Hco471Model View Post
    I'm excited for this already. "You Are a Tourist" is one of my favorite songs right now.
    You guys have this in way too early though. It isn't supposed to be in until July 5.
    Yeah you're right, we usually put in playlists too early so by the time the new one comes we're completely sick of the previous one so we just put the new one in, haha. The playlist isn't that great, there's not very much variety, Shad's Rose Garden is the only thing even vaguely related to hip-hop, most of it dabbles around in that lo-fi, garage rock kind of sound, which I like, but not so much to work too.

Not to mention this song plays about four times, and its just about the most annoying thing I've ever heard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOrw1jjeGDY

Hco471Model said:

Quote Originally Posted by SteelersFreak1 View Post
    Yeah you're right, we usually put in playlists too early so by the time the new one comes we're completely sick of the previous one so we just put the new one in, haha. The playlist isn't that great, there's not very much variety, Shad's Rose Garden is the only thing even vaguely related to hip-hop, most of it dabbles around in that lo-fi, garage rock kind of sound, which I like, but not so much to work too.

Not to mention this song plays about four times, and its just about the most annoying thing I've ever heard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOrw1jjeGDY
    Yeah, I saw the denim song when they released it on Youtube at the beginning of the month. It's a horrible song and a complete embarrassment for the performers. I love how they had the black girl "rap." Way to be stereotypically offensive, AE.
  5. SteelersFreak1 said:

I think I've gotten just about every song, might be missing one or two, but I'll be out of town for the next week or so, so I won't be able to update or find out if I've missed any.

Hco471Model said:

Quote Originally Posted by SteelersFreak1 View Post
    I think I've gotten just about every song, might be missing one or two, but I'll be out of town for the next week or so, so I won't be able to update or find out if I've missed any.
    I'm glad you got/added the Shirock song. I love them. In 2009, Hollister put their "Calm Inside the Storm" on a playlist. You should check it out, it's a fantastic emotionally-charged song.

Enjoy your time off from the Eagle. I'm sure it's well-deserved! =)
  7. SteelersFreak1 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Hco471Model View Post
    I'm glad you got/added the Shirock song. I love them. In 2009, Hollister put their "Calm Inside the Storm" on a playlist. You should check it out, it's a fantastic emotionally-charged song.

Enjoy your time off from the Eagle. I'm sure it's well-deserved! =)
    Yeah, my friend that works with us over the summer goes to school up in Nashville and is friends with some of the band members and he told me about them. Pretty cool band.
  8. honeybees said:

Which song goes "Only my eyes could tell her, what I planned to give her?"
  9. katiasol said:

Quote Originally Posted by honeybees View Post
    Which song goes "Only my eyes could tell her, what I planned to give her?"
    new colors by figurines!
  10. dazzingclarity said:

does anyone know which songs are music videos? i work at ae and i can't figure out this one song thats a video, with a girl singing and its kinda upbeat
  11. pachirico said:

Default Help!

Okay the other day when I was shopping at AE I heard the last few verses of this song, maybe the last 30 seconds and it was great. It was a rap song and it had a music video, I can't quite remember how it went though. I usually don't like rap but I've been searching for this song everywhere. Sometimes on my break at work (I also work in the mall) I'd swing by AE just so I can maybe catch the song again. If someone could please help, it's driving me crazy. I saw the last scene where the signer was on a bridge, he wears glasses if that helps.
  12. SteelersFreak1 said:

Quote Originally Posted by pachirico View Post
    Okay the other day when I was shopping at AE I heard the last few verses of this song, maybe the last 30 seconds and it was great. It was a rap song and it had a music video, I can't quite remember how it went though. I usually don't like rap but I've been searching for this song everywhere. Sometimes on my break at work (I also work in the mall) I'd swing by AE just so I can maybe catch the song again. If someone could please help, it's driving me crazy. I saw the last scene where the signer was on a bridge, he wears glasses if that helps.
    This post belongs in the Back to School 2 thread because its in there but its "It's Like That" by Outasight.
  13. KaLLiC_7k7 said:

Default song

does anyone know the name of the song that goes

"im coming down from the mountain,
    im coming down from the mountain , then
    CHORUS: ooohhh ooohh uuuhh ooohh uuuhh
    the video is played in the AE store...???
  14. SteelersFreak1 said:

Quote Originally Posted by KaLLiC_7k7 View Post
    does anyone know the name of the song that goes

"im coming down from the mountain,
    im coming down from the mountain , then
    CHORUS: ooohhh ooohh uuuhh ooohh uuuhh
    the video is played in the AE store...???
    Equestrian by US Royalty
  15. Fsmassey said:

Default Looking for a music video

Hey all, I'm looking for a song of which I only recall the music video. It played yesterday in an American Eagle store. It had 3 girls total in it, the main girl was wearing a large green coat, and it switched off between 3 main shots. One was of the main girl standing in a forested area. Another was of the girl riding a bicycle. The final shot was of all 3 girls, standing in the street singing and dancing, with the drums and a guitar sitting on a truck bed behind them, playing. Any help with identifying this song would be great
  16. SteelersFreak1 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmassey View Post
    Hey all, I'm looking for a song of which I only recall the music video. It played yesterday in an American Eagle store. It had 3 girls total in it, the main girl was wearing a large green coat, and it switched off between 3 main shots. One was of the main girl standing in a forested area. Another was of the girl riding a bicycle. The final shot was of all 3 girls, standing in the street singing and dancing, with the drums and a guitar sitting on a truck bed behind them, playing. Any help with identifying this song would be great
    Its not on this playlist, its on BTS 2 but its "Ok Alright" by Jenny O.

Mixalopoulos said:

It's actually called "Well OK Honey"

Jenny O - Well OK Honey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6VRVCsRDtE
    Ρεμπέτικο για πάντα. Μάγκες είμαστε.
  18. SteelersFreak1 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Mixalopoulos View Post
    It's actually called "Well OK Honey"

Jenny O - Well OK Honey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6VRVCsRDtE
    Yeah I screwed that up, I realized that while I was at work haha