Been looking for this song for 8 years, please help me.

Thread: Been looking for this song for 8 years, please help me.

Tags: None
  1. KLFrosty said:

Default Been looking for this song for 8 years, please help me.

Hello all, I've been trying to identify a song that I heard between the years 1997-1999, for the last 8 years (on and off of course). I've done hundreds of searches trying to find this song with no luck. It was a pop song that was sung
    by a female and I'm almost positive that the chorus was "I'll be your calendar girl. I'll be the light in your world" I've tried dozens of different variations of that chorus in search engines and none of the results reveal the song I'm looking for. I realize that the song "calendar girl" by "stars" has similar lyrics to the ones I posted but that is NOT the song.

It's possible that the reason why this song is so hard to find is because it was only played locally on a radio station called kiss 92.5 (before it was turned into jack FM and then back to kiss 92.5 a few years ago) but I don't know for sure (I live in Toronto, Ontario btw) In addition, one time when I was listening to this song on the radio, I thought I heard the DJ say the artist of the song was named "Candice" but I could be misremembering that.

I really hope someone on this forum can finally allow me to track this song down once and for all. Thanks in advance.

2. Th3Diplomat said:

try>
    Crispy - calendar girl

although there is no singer named Candice in that band.

3. Claybricks said:

Quote Originally Posted by KLFrosty View Post
    Hello all, I've been trying to identify a song that I heard between the years 1997-1999, for the last 8 years (on and off of course). I've done hundreds of searches trying to find this song with no luck. It was a pop song that was sung
    by a female and I'm almost positive that the chorus was "I'll be your calendar girl. I'll be the light in your world" I've tried dozens of different variations of that chorus in search engines and none of the results reveal the song I'm looking for. I realize that the song "calendar girl" by "stars" has similar lyrics to the ones I posted but that is NOT the song.

It's possible that the reason why this song is so hard to find is because it was only played locally on a radio station called kiss 92.5 (before it was turned into jack FM and then back to kiss 92.5 a few years ago) but I don't know for sure (I live in Toronto, Ontario btw) In addition, one time when I was listening to this song on the radio, I thought I heard the DJ say the artist of the song was named "Candice" but I could be misremembering that.

I really hope someone on this forum can finally allow me to track this song down once and for all. Thanks in advance.
    incase you misheard the lyrics...

Kathy Troccoli - Go Light Your World (The Candle Song) {1996}

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVqR6kTu8lE

"Take your candle, and go light your world"

Dan

4. KLFrosty said:

The song by Crispy is too fast paced and techno sounding and the song by Kathy Troccoli is too slow paced. Thanks for trying though.

5. -prettyinpink said:

I've also been looking for this song forever!! bump if anyone can help. I remember some more lyrics as " I want to make things work so bad that it kills me inside.. I try and I still try. If you just show me respect then ***********?, but if you win my love then. I'll be your calender girl, I'll be the light in your word."

Quote Originally Posted by KLFrosty View Post

6. jp12345 said:

7. -prettyinpink said:

Quote Originally Posted by jp12345 View Post
    no unfortunately that's not it. it was more of a 90's pop type song with a medium-slow tempo.

8. alliebee77 said:

I've been looking for this song in forever! Can someone please help?? its everything the above posters said, but I also remember something about "dream queen".

It was on kiss 92.5 and was very pop. the girl sounded like myra or mandy moore.

thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by -prettyinpink View Post
    no unfortunately that's not it. it was more of a 90's pop type song with a medium-slow tempo.
    Quote Originally Posted by jp12345 View Post

9. -prettyinpink said:

yes!! " dream queen if you be the one that I need" ...
    lol this has been such a hard song to find. bump please!

Quote Originally Posted by alliebee77 View Post
    I've been looking for this song in forever! Can someone please help?? its everything the above posters said, but I also remember something about "dream queen".

It was on kiss 92.5 and was very pop. the girl sounded like myra or mandy moore.

thanks!!!

10. alliebee77 said:

Quote Originally Posted by -prettyinpink View Post
    yes!! " dream queen if you be the one that I need" ...
    lol this has been such a hard song to find. bump please!
    i've posted this on reddit....maybe someone there will be able to help!

11. -prettyinpink said:

Quote Originally Posted by alliebee77 View Post
    i've posted this on reddit....maybe someone there will be able to help!
    Thats great! If you find it please let us know