Bluebeat - Dans Le Soleil (Please translate to english)

Thread: Bluebeat - Dans Le Soleil (Please translate to english)

Tags: None
  1. VioletCrime said:

Default Bluebeat - Dans Le Soleil (Please translate to english)

Copy-pasted from http://188.40.130.102/en/forum/blue-...french-english
    over 300 views and no replies =-/

I know that the lyrics are supposed to be entered here; I wish I could oblige, but despite several hours on google spanned over the course of a couple years, I simply cannot find the lyrics, either in French or (obviously) English. I would try to phonetically transcribe the audio, but given French's peculiar system of silent letters and pronunciation, I would inevitably butcher the song so bad I would be laughed off the intertubes once and for all.

Sufficient to say, this is an obscure song by an obscure artist; I'm coming up empty. Please help, o blessed linguists! I regret I can only offer a youtube link to the song, but hopefully you'll take pity on me (There's a Kirby dance in it for ya =-) ).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_MeEcBNT88

<(^_^<) (>^_^)> <(^_^<) (>^_^)>

You'll receive the other half of your Kirby dance upon completion! ^_^ v

JunjouLover said:

I'm not a native french speaker, so I'm not sure if this is 100%, but this is what I heard. Additionally, I don't think the artist is French :0 Some of the lines I could simply not translate elegantly, but bleargh, there it is for you.

Je suis ici dans la nuit
    I am here, in the night
    Ou chantée dans tes oreilles (?)
    Or sung into your ears
    Ce que moi je pleurs pour toi (?)
    That which I mourn/cry over for you
    C’est ca le bonheur
    that is happiness/pleasure

Dans le soleil, moi et toi
    In the sun, me and you
    Sur la mer
    The sand was
    C’était l’arène
    In the sea/Above the sea

Dans le monde de tes rêves
    In the world of your dreams
    Je te parle, je regards
    I talk to you, I watch (you)
    Que tu dors mon ami
    I see that you sleep, my friend
    Dans la nuit
    In the night
    Attends le jour
    You await the day

Je te vois
    I see you
    C’est ça le bonheur
    That is the happiness/pleasure
    Je suis ici
    I am here
    Dans le soleil
    In the sun
    Moi et toi
    Me and you
    Last edited by JunjouLover; 07-25-2011 at 03:31 PM.

3. VioletCrime said:

Holy crap! That was an unexpectedly rapid response! You freaking rock, man!

<(^_^<) (>^_^)> <(^_^<) (>^_^)> <(^_^<) (>^_^)> <(^_^<) (>^_^)> <(^_^<) (>^_^)> <(^_^<)

(>^_^)> <(^_^<) (>^_^)> <(^_^<) (>^_^)> <(^_^<) (>^_^)> <(^_^<) (>^_^)> <(^_^<) (>^_^)>

Have some Kirby dance! You are the freaking man!

I have reason to believe you're right about the artist not being French; after having contacted a UK group 'Blue Beat' via email, they implied that 'Bluebeat' was in fact Italian; no idea how they could know, since I can't find ANY info online, but I don't have any reason to disbelieve them, either...

Anyone out there have any insight on the '???' sections? Any other thoughts on the translation?

JunjouLover said:

No joke, today I was like "Dude, I wanna listen to that song again." So, I listened to it and BOOM it totally just clicked as soon as I heard it. I don't know why I didn't get it before, but the word I missed was "bonheur," so yeah. I'll put it in my original post.