song samples "I dream of jeannie"

Thread: song samples "I dream of jeannie"

Tags: None
  1. ticklemechip said:

Default song samples "I dream of jeannie"

The beginning of the song samples the beginning of the "I dream of jeannie" song.. female singing.. anyone have an idea? Thanks!

Chip

2. nordberg said:

Could it be 'Girls Ain't Nuthin But Trouble' by Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince?

Check it out. I hope thats what you're looking for.

Good luck.

3. Most Wanted Jamz said:

Red face DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince (Will Smith) Rock The House

One of the albums that has samples of "I Dream Of Jeannie" is DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince also known to be as Will Smith. The album is called "Rock The House" by DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince. The two songs, on that album that have the samples of "I Dream Of Jeannie" are:

1. Girls Ain't Nothin' But Trouble
    2. Guys Ain't Nothin' But Trouble

Some of the "Rock The House" albums come with the 1988 Extended Mix of "Girls Ain't Nothin' But Trouble". Some of the "Rock The House" albums just come with the regular version of "Girl's Ain't Nothin' But Trouble".

The song "Guys Ain't Nothin' But Trouble", on the Rock The House album has some female rappers talking about "Guys Ain't Nothin' But Trouble" with the sample song of "I Dream Of Jeannie".

4. nordberg said:

Uh, nice one. ;o)

5. senn said:

Dimples D - Sucker DJ

(altho i found the "original" of this track and it doesn't use the sample, but there is a more popular version that does)
    Last edited by senn; 01-08-2007 at 01:12 AM. Reason: more info/title correction

6. Most Wanted Jamz said:

Default There Are 2 Different Versions Of I Dream Of Jeannie

Quote Originally Posted by senn View Post
    Dimples D - Sucker DJ

(altho i found the "original" of this track and it doesn't use the sample, but there is a more popular version that does)
    There is a techno version of I Dream Of Jeannie, that uses its sample. It is pretty much only labeled as the techno version.

The black & white TV show of I Dream Of Jeannie has a different theme song to it.
    The colored TV show of I Dream Of Jeannie has the theme song, that most of us recognize.

If you like to mix music, try mixing in both versions of I Dream Of Jeannie (The colored TV version & The black & white TV version.)

7. PC said:

Talking

Jeannie's Diner sung by Marilyn Whitelaw on Suzanne Vega's Album Tom's Diner
    Amazon.com: Tom's Album: Music: Various Artists

8. summergirl0713 said:

its by suzanne vega - toms diner... i dream of genie theme and everything... check it out

9. Most Wanted Jamz said:

Smile Oh Yeah, It's On The "Tom's Album" Various Artist Album:

Oh Yeah, it's on a various artist album compilation called, "Tom's Album".
    It includes:
    "Jeannie's Diner by Marilyn E. Whitelaw & Mark Davis"
    Tom's Diner by Suzanne Vega (The Accapella Version)
    Tom's Diner by Suzanne Vega (The Reprise Version)
    Tom's Diner by DNA featuring Suzanne Vega (7 inch version)
    Tom's Diner Rap by After One (7 inch version)
    Daddy's Little Girl by Nikki D.
    Tom's Diner by NDA Project
    & more.
    When thinking of "Genie" think of the name Ann for "Jeannie" as in (I Dream Of Jeannie) & Ann for Suzanne, because both names have the name "Ann", in their names. Also remember the name Annie for "Jeannie" too, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by summergirl0713 View Post
    its by suzanne vega - toms diner... i dream of genie theme and everything... check it out

10. Hot-Tracks said:

Quote Originally Posted by senn View Post
    Dimples D - Sucker DJ

If I had to guess it would be this one.

Dimples D – Sucker DJ (A Witch For Love)

From 1990 completely different than the original 1983 version. It uses a lot of the "I Dream Of Jeannie" theme song in this version, hence the title change to "A Witch For Love"

Mixed by Ben Liebrand

11. jamiezmailbox said:

Default I Dream of Jeannie Sample

Quote Originally Posted by ticklemechip View Post
    The beginning of the song samples the beginning of the "I dream of jeannie" song.. female singing.. anyone have an idea? Thanks!

Chip
    The song is "Girls Ain't Nothin' But Trouble", by DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince. The rapper, of course, is Will Smith. The song was their 1987 debut single and the sample is from the theme for the late 60's TV show "I Dream Of Jeannie" featuring Barbara Eden, the genie wife of an astronaut (Larry Hagman). So good! Jamie Filman, Toronto

12. Hot-Tracks said:

Quote Originally Posted by ticklemechip View Post
    The beginning of the song samples the beginning of the "I dream of jeannie" song.. >>>> female singing <<<< anyone have an idea? Thanks!

Chip
    I still think the original author "ticklemechip" was looking for the one I suggested. {> female singing < }

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc7sapzKtPU

The DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince song is mostly (if not all) male vocals. I guess we won't ever know what they were looking for if they don't reply.

No doubt both songs have the "I dream of jeannie" samples, but the Dimples D – Sucker DJ (A Witch For Love) song has the female vocals, that I thought might be the answer.

Maybe "ticklemechip" will reply someday to there own question and let us know what one they were looking for. All three suggestions could possibly be it .. including Suzanne Vega's parody version of Toms Diner.
    Last edited by Hot-Tracks; 06-28-2012 at 07:07 AM. Reason: spacing edit