Zara - Ordunun dereleri into English

Thread: Zara - Ordunun dereleri into English

Tags: None
  1. luceen2648 said:

Default Zara - Ordunun dereleri into English

And I would like to know the lyrics in English of this song too! Thanks!

Ordunun dereleri aksa yukari aksa
    Vermem seni ellere ordu üstüme kalksa sürmelim amman

Oy mehmedim mehmedim sana küsüm demedim
    Beni sana gecmisler vallahi ben demedim sürmelim amman

Ordunun dereleri kara yosun bagliyor
    Kal gidelim sevdigim anan evde agliyor sürmelim amman

2. luceen2648 said:

But it is not translated, is it?

partizanka said:

Hi luceen, I think this song has been requested a few times, but it's still never translated. My Turkish is not very good and this song is quite confusing to me, but maybe someone will be willing to correct my mistakes. Even the title is unsure for me- "ordu" means military, but Ordu is also a region in Turkey I think, so I'm not sure which meaning it has here...I hope you'll get a better translation now.

Ordunun dereleri aksa yukari aksa // If "ordu's/Ordu's" streams flow, if it flows upwards
    Vermem seni ellere ordu üstüme kalksa sürmelim amman // I won't give you to stranger's hands, (even) if the army/Ordu stands upon me (i.e. attacks?) *sürmelim- I think this means "my one with dark-rimmed eyes" (?), aman

Oy mehmedim mehmedim sana küstüm demedim // My Mehmet, I didn't say I was upset with you
    Beni sana gecmisler vallahi ben demedim sürmelim amman // They passed me to you, I swear, I didn't say *

Ordunun dereleri kara yosun bagliyor // Ordu's streams are being covered with black moss
    Kal gidelim sevdigim anan evde agliyor sürmelim amman // * I think this would make more sense if it was "kalk gidelim...* - Let's go, my beloved, your mother is at home, crying *
    *edit*- I just listened to this song and I think it says "anam evde..." so it would be "my mother is at home crying"

I'm sorry...I wish I could help you more, but let's hope someone will fix my mess!

4. Sade said:

There isn't much to fix. Only that with "Ordu" the city in Turkey is meant (in title and first line). And in the second line I think it's meant as "army".

5. luceen2648 said:

Ohh Partizanka, thank you so much for your help and for bothering translating it even when you say it is hard for you! I appreciate it so much and value it with all my heart! Thank you very much, you did a great job and it worthes so much for me You really helped me, thank you!

partizanka said:

Wow, thank you for such a kind message! That makes me feel good.
    İ was also curious about this song cos İ've heard a cover of it that İ like. İ'm glad İ could help.