SOLVED: Been looking for this song for many years

Thread: SOLVED: Been looking for this song for many years

Tags: None

NOMAD said:

Ogh. My bad. Ok Padawan balls in yer court. you need to give us a sound alike.

NOMAD said:

Default Synthesized Japaneese style stumper.

Do you have mp3 rocket? or some other search engine?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Well i have finally given up on finding this song on my own, so here i am asking for your help. I have become almost obsessed with finding out who made this song, & what it's name is. I have heard this song about 10 times in my life, & have always loved it. The problem is i know next to nothing about the song. Here is what i know about this song:
    It is instumental with no lyrics.
    It is synthesizer all the way.
    It sounds like an oriental jingle to me.
    I would say that it was made in the 80's (but not sure about that, as it could be early 90's)

I know it is a wonder i have never found this song with such vague information. If anybody out there has any idea please let me know. I am dying to find out the name of this song. Until i have it on my MP3 player i can't go on. lol.
    Thanks gang
    Any help is appreciated.
    Dantrag
  3. Padawan said:

Hey Nomad, Emily and LIving in the 70's thanks for the good ideas guys. However those are not the song. I need to figure out a way i can send you guys a recorded clip of my voice trying to pathetically hum this tune as best i can. That would be very limited as well as i have only heard this song a few times in my life & very spaced apart. I will make it a priority to get that clip on here in the next few days. Until then please keep trying to send me suggestions. Hope all your weekends was great.

emily1979 said:

is it a kind of ambient track, or a bt more progressive trance like future sound of london, or is it not even in that sort of genre?? and more classical??
    Dance like no one is watching, Sing like no one is listening, Love like you’ve never been hurt, Live like it’s heaven on earth
  5. Padawan said:

Nope it has some ambiance to it forsure Emily. Although i wouldn't consider it trance it has a hypnotic effect. Very relaxing sound. Grrrr. This is so frustrating not to be able to give you guys more. I am gonna vainly try to get a sound clip on here. I have been trying to humm the song for an hour now and think i can do a decent job of it. I am determined to find this, as i have never searched so hard for something in my life. lol. Chat with you later.

NOMAD said:

There are alot of Japaneese techno out there onfortunately, they are impossible to read or pronounce to us westerners. so they wind up being named after a show or simply japanese techno and an artists name if they have it . but if you can give a fair rendition I'll give it my best.
  7. Padawan said:

This is definately not techno though NOMAD. I don't think there is even a lick of Base in this track. I will try my best on the rendition. Hopefully can sneak it on later tonight.

NOMAD said:

Yeah I keep looking in my collection. I have alot of synth oriental music mostly techno and it mostly has singing in it. I'll look throught the meditation stuf that fit the chriteria.
  9. Padawan said:

Ok guys i have tried vainly to attach a sound wave to this program but alas it is not possible. What i propose is you contact me with your email addresses & I will mail you the sound clip. If anyone know's how to attach a sound wave file please enlighten me. It is about 440 kb. 14 seconds of pathetic noises i make. Not sure it will help anyone as i have only heard the song a few times. Thanks
  10. Gabriel said:

hi
    it´s only an idea but..try Yello

Gab
    Last edited by Gabriel; 06-16-2008 at 08:54 PM.
  11. RedFishKilla said:

the first thing that came to my mind is a song called "Spunky" by Bob James. The song is off of the EP titled "Hands Down".

hope this helps...
  12. Padawan said:

Quote Originally Posted by Padawan View Post
    Ok guys i have tried vainly to attach a sound wave to this program but alas it is not possible. What i propose is you contact me with your email addresses & I will mail you the sound clip. If anyone know's how to attach a sound wave file please enlighten me. It is about 440 kb. 14 seconds of pathetic noises i make. Not sure it will help anyone as i have only heard the song a few times. Thanks
    Nope Yello is not the one but i was a good try & brought back some memmories.
  13. Padawan said:

Yello is not the one but thanks for the try. It brought back memmories. Guys send me an address i can send you my sound clip i made. It is 440 KB, and 14 seconds of me trying to humm a tune I have only heard a few times. Read my o riginal description when you are listening to it and see if it sparks some of your great minds.
  14. Padawan said:

Haha. I finally figured it out. Here is my rendition of the lost song i have been looking for. Please reread my first description of the song before listening & hopefully you all can come up with some ideas. The attachment is zipped.
    Attached Files

NOMAD said:

Red face Jingle

That sounded liker a cross between Blake's 7 theme and season 2 of space 1999
    updated.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?4eewgyzdoj9
    http://www.mediafire.com/?gybid14ynzv
    Last edited by NOMAD; 06-18-2008 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Update.
  16. djwriter said:

Default your song

where did you hear the song? was it long or short. i work in music (songwriter, dj, etc.) give me some more info. might have the song!

NOMAD said:

Default I think I have it

Yeah It sounds familliar. can u tell what the main instrument was synthisised?

The more I listen the more I think it's Adventure Begins. Fro Remo Williams.
    It all fits. Synth, jingle like oriental in nature. Try this on for size.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?nzt4evx4jmw
    Last edited by NOMAD; 06-18-2008 at 04:42 PM.
  18. Padawan said:

NOMAD you have made some awesome suggestions & requested somemore info from me which i will post for others as it may help in this futile search.
    This is a song i have heard on the radio twice. Once I heard it (Not sure) but I was sure it was on a retro 80's Sunday radio.I also heard it about a month ago mixed into break beat (break dancing beats) track on 93.3 radio. I wrote and phoned the radio station to try & track it down. They gave me the dj's name & email but I never heard back from him. This song I love was mixed into the track & I only heard it for about 30 seconds. It was the track forsure though. The first time I heard it, it was the orignial track & not mixed into another song. It lasted qutie sometime & would estimate 4-5 minutes. This is the first time I have attempted to explain the song this way but it reminds me of something MOBY would play with the continuous loops in the song with the addition of another sound in the song after each loop. Kinda like Plastic Dreams as it continues to add a sound after each loop. I still think the synth is tuned to sound like a harp NOMAD. I hope this helps somewhat. I will talk to you guys soon. Keep the suggestions coming fast & furious. I am banking so much on you GURUS finding this for me.
    Padawan
  19. Musicismyfirstlove said:

Okaaaay , I know I mentioned this artist but just for the record ..try
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaI0oUMd_Hw

sealionwoman said:

OMG, Tubular Bells -- I haven't heard that in years!