SOLVED: Been looking for this song for many years

Thread: SOLVED: Been looking for this song for many years

Tags: None
  1. Redd Barron said:

I see 'Bunnymenfan' has already run this one passed you. Are you sure you have listened to this?...in it's entirety?. It does match your description very well.

If not, my only other possibility is a very rare version of "I'm turning Japanese" played entirely on Casio keyboards by the Yellow Magic Orchestra (without vocals)....very very rare....circa 1980ish, at least.

Bunnymenfan said:

LOL and I even chose the very same vid on youtube, Redd!!

Lots of Sakamoto's material have this characteristic sound and I only know a little part of his work. Not sure if this has been said already but Sakamoto and Sylvian collaborated in several songs together so there's a lot to explore there.

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=E9x-Mu...eature=related Bamboo Music. At 0:45 there's this synth/asian sound again that you can find in a lot (most) of their music together. I'm sure there must be instrumental versions too.
    Whole at last with a golden view
  3. sebete said:

I'd like to try my chance, check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbJDP0kzhtg

NOMAD said:

That's TOO FUNNY!
  5. Redd Barron said:

Quote Originally Posted by sebete View Post
    I'd like to try my chance, check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbJDP0kzhtg
    How does the line go?....."The Truth?....you can't handle the truth!"

If you close your eyes, it does sound kinda......er, oriental

say it isn't so.......
  6. Redd Barron said:

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnymenfan View Post
    LOL and I even chose the very same vid on youtube, Redd!!

Lots of Sakamoto's material have this characteristic sound and I only know a little part of his work. Not sure if this has been said already but Sakamoto and Sylvian collaborated in several songs together so there's a lot to explore there.

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=E9x-Mu...eature=related Bamboo Music. At 0:45 there's this synth/asian sound again that you can find in a lot (most) of their music together. I'm sure there must be instrumental versions too.
    Anyway, Back to the real world, Bunneymenfan.....where do I download an original version (ie. from 'Heaven up here') of A) Over the Wall and B) the song with the lyrics : "Can you hear it, the sound of, something changing on the merry go round tonight?...etc".

Very special band. Saw them a few weeks after the release of Heaven Up Here back in the 80's in NZ. Amazing show.

Bunnymenfan said:

Itunes has got almost everything, I'm sure you'll find it there.

Not sure about those lyrics, maybe the mods can open a new thread with your question. Was it the B side of Over the wall? or was A - B just a list?

www.villiersterrace.com has a very detailed discography. Othewise you can have a look at www.bunnymen.com. New album being released in just a few weeks! "Something will change..." is part of the lyrics in A promise also in Heaven up here. Could it be that one?
    Whole at last with a golden view
  8. Padawan said:

Nope, nope and nope. Sigh. Thanks for keeping this thread alive guys but those are not them either. Keep trying. I am still lurking around here for that one strike
  9. Cheavy said:

are you still searching for that instrumental song or whatever it is?

Wild guess:

T-square-truth ( Is there any chans that the song you're searching for is one of their or isn't it even close?)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xraif6nmX20

And you maybe would write all wrong suggestions in one "answer" and what guesses have been close and so, 'cause it start to be many pages and It's hard to read through 'em all.

Good luck!
  10. Musicismyfirstlove said:

Have you ever tried (or heard of ) Tangerine Dream?
    Try this for example..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioB4c...eature=related

Also one of the bandmembers went solo , his name is Klaus Schulze , all synth!!
    The mind is a wonderful thing...
  11. Lady Notorious said:

Have you tryed Duran Duran - Tiger Tiger from the Seven and the Ragged Tiger album?

twomill said:

have you tried jean michael jarre he's into that synth stuff and no lyrics

twomill said:

just thought of something ---------- didn't mike oldfield write the soundtrack to THE KILLING FIELDS which would have loads of oriental music in it ?
  14. Padawan said:

Hey guys those are some good suggestions! I will have to cruise some moe of their material when i get a chance. None of those songs were the ones however. Thanks for the suggesions & of couse if i find it i will post stat.
    thank you
  15. Chappy said:

im thinking "watergate heart of asia" nice club tune synthed and asian sounding
  16. Padawan said:

Hi Chappy. That was one of the first songs people recommended to me. Unfortunately it was not the tune, but i was glad to find it. Thanks for the suggestion. Have a great w/e guys and keep your ears open for me missing track.
  17. djwriter said:

Default your song

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Well i have finally given up on finding this song on my own, so here i am asking for your help. I have become almost obsessed with finding out who made this song, & what it's name is. I have heard this song about 10 times in my life, & have always loved it. The problem is i know next to nothing about the song. Here is what i know about this song:
    It is instumental with no lyrics.
    It is synthesizer all the way.
    It sounds like an oriental jingle to me.
    I would say that it was made in the 80's (but not sure about that, as it could be early 90's)

I know it is a wonder i have never found this song with such vague information. If anybody out there has any idea please let me know. I am dying to find out the name of this song. Until i have it on my MP3 player i can't go on. lol.
    Thanks gang
    Any help is appreciated.
    Dantrag
    Try 8:15 to nowhere by vicious pink
  18. djwriter said:

Default your song

Try 8:15 to Nowhere - Vicious Pink
  19. Padawan said:

Nope not the one djwriter. Thanks for the try though. Keep them coming guys/ gals you can do it. Yes you can !

NOMAD said:

Unhappy huh?

Quote Originally Posted by iris wigle-cutforth View Post
    Richard Clayderman did an oriental song while he was in China instrumental piano with Shao Rong who was raped and murdered or so it is rumoured not by him. Sad though...does that ruin the song for you?
    Forgive me if I sound like I'm going off on a rant here, and I'm not really attacking you.
    However...
    I'm sitting here cratching my head. thinking to myself.

"What the hell does that mean?"
    Did you have to go there?

Then to top it off you just say this guy made a song with this chick who etc. etc. and you didn't even give a title. What gives?

That's a little like walking up to a kid who lost thier puppy and saying Oh I'm so soory. by the way did you know Santa Clause usn't real.
    A little creepy.