SOLVED: Been looking for this song for many years

Thread: SOLVED: Been looking for this song for many years

Tags: None
  1. Padawan said:

Yep you understood me right Bunnymenfan, and thanks for the suggestion. However that is far off what i am looking for. Thanks again and please keep trying as i am hopelessly lost on this
  2. TheMusicLuvR said:

D: You're going to be so upset. I worked for a full hour on a rock remix with the general tune today, so you'd have SOMETHING to listen to if you never found the real version. Then, as I was adding the final instrument, the whole thing crashed and erased! ):

I'm still looking, though. Nobody's responded to my DA board yet. Perhaps I will make another.
  3. Padawan said:

Ah shucks. Sorry TheMusicLuvR. That really sucks. I have had that happen to me with papers i have been writing & bang i lose it all. Sigh. I would have loved for you to stream line that track & repost on Youtube and to hear it myself. We can do this. It will be found. Thanks agian for your help and vigilance.
    Padawan
  4. TheMusicLuvR said:

Alright, revamped the mix.

Glad I could remember what I did.

Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jukjgenp-O4

Hopefully this will suffice for now. Until we can find this mysterious song!
  5. TheMusicLuvR said:

I'm bumping this board before it dies.
  6. Padawan said:

Thanks for the track MusLuvR. Unfortunately this has died & been given life multiple times as the sound is evasive. When i find something new i will be here stat to post. Thanks gang.
    Padawan
  7. hershi26 said:

Red face Bumping?

What does bumping the board mean?

NOMAD said:

Keeping the thread in the front of the listing.
  9. Padawan said:

TY Nomad. I havent forgotten about this board and post. I am just waiting for one of you guru's to have a revelation. Happy Holidays gang & i will talk to you all soon
  10. tyresius said:

"magic fly" by space
  11. Padawan said:

Hey there. Nice try tyresius but not the one. Decent tune though. TY

DJ Maxx said:

Sounds like backround music from a James Bond film or Opening theme music for a 60's TV western....very close to "Lawman" but that had lyrics.
    Last edited by DJ Maxx; 12-30-2008 at 01:15 PM.
  13. Padawan said:

Default Ground breaking news

Ok guys. I am almost trembling as i stumbled upon the tune i have been looking for an eternity. I new i would find it one day. Listen to this link and click ahead to 5:30 / 9:39 and that is the track i have been looking for. This has been incorporated into break beats. So ignore all the base and beats in the background and follow the oriental jingle. I am looking for the original track and artist. This is the song. I repeat this is the song. Listen up guys. Now can you find the artist and the name of this song. I am trembling. Now you guys can compare my pathetic recorded track to the real deal. I know one of you will be able to help me now. What a New Years present to be able to stumble upon this track. I have never searched for something so long in my life. No Joke! Happy New Years guys.
    Padawan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAQpd...eature=related
    Last edited by Padawan; 12-28-2008 at 04:03 PM.

Bunnymenfan said:

Finally!!! Now I can hear why it was so difficult for us to provide accurate replies. There's nothing oriental about it, it's simply synthpop!!!

Now have you tried the obvious? Like contacting the guy who uploaded it on youtube and ask him if he/she made the vid himself and therefore has the album so that he/she can give you the tracklist?

Have you googled the lyrics and the album covers on the vid and checked the tracklists yourself?

I've just googled a simple line; "I know we can make it if we just believe in us" and I got this:
    http://www.freestylemusic.de/showmod...c&lyric_id=521 and therefore it took me 2 seconds to find this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2x5csdx8a8

Come on, you can do that yourself!

A quick look at wikipedia tells me that this guy had nothing to do with synthpop, so if you just mean that what you're looking for is not that song but the synthtrack in the background (assuming it was sampled) you can do your own research now.
    Last edited by Bunnymenfan; 12-29-2008 at 04:31 AM.
    Whole at last with a golden view
  15. Padawan said:

lol. Bunnymenfan you wil recall though that this track has no lyrics. Remember. It is just an instrumental track. There is only about a 20 sec clip with the beat in the background. This is not a breakbeats track. It is only a clip mixed in with it. I completely was shocked to find that loop in that track. I have tried researching it trust you me. Goto the 5 min 30 second mark and listen to the clip. That is what i am looking for. You don't think it has an Oriental jingle to it? It does 100% to me. Thanks anyways. Yes i know it is a miracle that i finally could produce somethng. lol.

Bunnymenfan said:

I see, since you wrote 5:30/9:39 I thought you meant it' was all of it startng at 5:30, not just 20 seconds.

Still you don't answer my question. Have you tried the basics? Contacting the guy who uploaded the song or googling that track would help you find out about the sampled part.

Anywat, it does sound familiar, could it be from a tv show? And yes, I still think it's basically synthpop, nothing oriental about it.
  17. Padawan said:

thanks Bunnymenfan. I will try to contact the guy who mixed it. Thanks and Happy New Year to you and your family.
  18. Padawan said:

Well folks. I can finally say i found the song i have been looking for. It is hard to believe that i am saying it. So i was a little off on my description but alas all your hard work paid off! Multiple people were actaully right in the bands name. I actually explored the majority of there work as well. I believe there are different versions of this song to boot. I was right with the genre anyways. lol. Here it is guys. Thanks alot for all your help and Happy New Years.
    Solved
    Padawan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1nES...eature=related

scorchy said:

Default wow

is all i can say

i'm really glad you found it... what an odyssey it's been!

Bunnymenfan said:

Thank God! We were almost running out of songs

I'm almost certain that part was also used in some show in Spanish tv a very long time ago.

Now if someone feels like putting a little bit of all the energy used on this thread to help me with this one: http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/id...er-forget.html . All suggestions are more than welcome!

Happy New Year to all of you too.