SOLVED: Been looking for this song for many years

Thread: SOLVED: Been looking for this song for many years

Tags: None

atmaestro said:

Hats to everyone who contributed to this group effort and refused to give up!

Just for the record, the song is "Tour de France 1983" by Kraftwerk.
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title
  2. TheMusicLuvR said:

^^ Wow, Padawan, this is a nice track! And it does sound somewhat oriental 'cause Kraftwerk's from Japan.

Glad you found it! This search was starting to drive ME nuts.

Bunnymenfan said:

Quote Originally Posted by TheMusicLuvR View Post
    And it does sound somewhat oriental 'cause Kraftwerk's from Japan.
    I beg youy pardon? Kraftwerk are GERMAN!!
    Whole at last with a golden view
  4. TheMusicLuvR said:

They are? O_o I thought I read they were Japanese.

Oh wait, I think they just influenced a lot of Japanese bands.... that might be why I'm thinking they're Japanese...

Bunnymenfan said:

They often sing in German, not to mention their accent when they sing in English, that's a clue

Btw Tour de France 1983 doesn't have this "Oriental part" or whatever you may call it, I vaguely recall there were different versions. Maybe single/album versions were different?
    Whole at last with a golden view

NOMAD said:

Default huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnymenfan View Post
    They often sing in German, not to mention their accent when they sing in English, that's a clue

Btw Tour de France 1983 doesn't have this "Oriental part" or whatever you may call it, I vaguely recall there were different versions. Maybe single/album versions were different?
    I know for a fact someone threw Kraftwerk Tour De France in there way earlier in the thread. How did that get by you Padawan?
    Still glad you found it. Whew................
  7. pianoman74 said:

Quote Originally Posted by TheMusicLuvR View Post
    They are? O_o I thought I read they were Japanese.
    I wouldn't laugh at anyone who says this, since Kraftwerk are/were VERY involved with Japan and Japanese culture.
    Imagine a GERMAN band, 15,000 miles away from them, doing a track like "Dentaku" in their mother language!!!
    That's quite sensational. Every Japanese fan knows these lines by heart, obviously.

Plus, they also did lots of gigs there in 2004, one of which was the legendary ZEPP in Tokyo.