SOLVED: Been looking for this song for many years

Thread: SOLVED: Been looking for this song for many years

Tags: None
  1. Dantrag said:

Default SOLVED: Been looking for this song for many years

Well i have finally given up on finding this song on my own, so here i am asking for your help. I have become almost obsessed with finding out who made this song, & what it's name is. I have heard this song about 10 times in my life, & have always loved it. The problem is i know next to nothing about the song. Here is what i know about this song:
    It is instumental with no lyrics.
    It is synthesizer all the way.
    It sounds like an oriental jingle to me.
    I would say that it was made in the 80's (but not sure about that, as it could be early 90's)

I know it is a wonder i have never found this song with such vague information. If anybody out there has any idea please let me know. I am dying to find out the name of this song. Until i have it on my MP3 player i can't go on. lol.
    Thanks gang
    Any help is appreciated.
    Dantrag
  2. mitsy77 said:

Hi
    Any chance it may be Mike Olfield, Tubular Bells. I'm pretty sure that was in the 90's though! It fits all your other descriptions.

Hope it's the right one!!
  3. Dantrag said:

Default Nope that is not it Misty

I got excited there Misty becuase the name Tubalar Bells sounds like it could be a title that fits. Alas it is not the song i am looking for though. Thanks for responding though.
    This song is more Synthesizer heavy & has an oriental type beat! It is very funky. Has no lyrics whatso ever. This is a North American creation, not Asian. I think it was made likey in late 80's early 90's, but just a guess. Come on folks help a desparete guy out here. I need to figure out what song this is. It is unique as i have never heard anything like it before.
    Thanks
  4. shadow said:

Im a finder of music and if u give many anymore info i know i can find your song
    im at [email deleted
    Last edited by shadow; 11-07-2006 at 08:37 AM.

atmaestro said:

Tubular Bells was originally released in 1973
    I think you are going to need a wizard for this request
    Try the following website (remove the quotation marks first)

"http://experts.about.com/q/80s-Music-2701/Please-Help-Name-Artist.htm"
  6. slightlines said:

Quote Originally Posted by atmaster View Post
    Tubular Bells was originally released in 1973
    Yeah, it was the theme from "The Exorcist".

There was a song called "Popcorn" by Hot Butter...or was it "Hot Butter" by Popcorn...that matches your criteria.
    ...but, it's from the VERY early 1970s.

killemall21 said:

i got a mike oldfiled collection here that includes tubular bells if you need info or sample mp3\s i could hook you up see if thats what you need

take care
  8. mtrevino449 said:

Default try the beverly hills cop theme

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Well i have finally given up on finding this song on my own, so here i am asking for your help. I have become almost obsessed with finding out who made this song, & what it's name is. I have heard this song about 10 times in my life, & have always loved it. The problem is i know next to nothing about the song. Here is what i know about this song:
    I would say that it was made in the 80's (but not sure about that, as it could be early 90's)

I know it is a wonder i have never found this song with such vague information. If anybody out there has any idea please let me know. I am dying to find out the name of this song. Until i have it on my MP3 player i can't go on. lol.
    Thanks gang
    Any help is appreciated.
    Dantrag

try the beverly hills cop theme
  9. mtrevino449 said:

beverly hills cop theme
  10. slightlines said:

Dantrag, you haven't posted for over a year.

Are you still with us?
  11. shadow said:

Hi, when I read that you said it was synthesizer all the way, my first thought was Harold Faltermeyers' "Axel F", which came out in 1984 as the theme for the Beverly Hill Cops. It was remixed and became more famous by Crazy Frog in 2005 as a ringtone.
    If this isn't the song then my question would be did you hear the song on a movie anywhere? So as to isolate it and get closer to finding out what song it is.
    -hope I could help
  12. Fam said:

Default Maybe

Hi there, before you go down that bridge, I would like to attempt to keep you from jumping. Th only song that popped up is called Nova and is performed by Aurora. You can find a (not to good) sample on YouTube.
    Let me know if I saved your life.
    Bye now.

Should you know of a song which includes the words ..."happiness, is my kind of people..." and is sung by a woman in a very sweet (almost too sweet) manner let me know.

QUOTE=Dantrag;224866]Well i have finally given up on finding this song on my own, so here i am asking for your help. I have become almost obsessed with finding out who made this song, & what it's name is. I have heard this song about 10 times in my life, & have always loved it. The problem is i know next to nothing about the song. Here is what i know about this song:

Thanks gang
    Any help is appreciated.
    Dantrag[/QUOTE]
  13. amillerw said:

I dont know much about what youre asking about but I'm just going to throw Eric Prydz "Call on Me" out there. There are very few lyrics to this song but the song last like 5 mins. Just trying to be of help
  14. Padawan said:

Thanks for the postings guys. I am sorry i haven't responded for sometime. Fam that was a great suggestion but it is not Nova by Aurora. It is something similar but sounds more like a harp. That was the closest someone has gotten yet.

Read original post by Dantrag and listen to me hum the track here. This is my best rendition of what i am looking for.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Padawan; 06-17-2008 at 02:09 PM.

NOMAD said:

A harp? Try Aldeberon by Enya.
    Although it's not very oriental. can u give us a sound alike or sounds similar to?
    Last edited by NOMAD; 06-14-2008 at 11:53 AM.

emily1979 said:

how about Future sound of london - papua new guinea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJAby3-ZKHU
    Dance like no one is watching, Sing like no one is listening, Love like you’ve never been hurt, Live like it’s heaven on earth
  17. Living in the 70's said:

Default long shot

In the 60's there was a song called "Sukiyaki" and i believe it was remade several more times. Last major hit was with Taste of Honey.
    peace
  18. Musicismyfirstlove said:

Have you tried "Vangelis "?
    Listen to him here..
    http://www.last.fm/music/Vangelis

NOMAD said:

The problem I see here is , Dantrag hasn't posted since 2006. he/ she isn't the only one I see doing that kind of thing. I guess they forget about this site, maybe.
    I Am new to this board, However I am a regular at other boards. I have noticed a sevier lack of counter responses. And Thank you's on this board. Let's suppose someone bothered to go into some serioous research for a piece of music. I would be profusely thanking him / her.
    That's just my opinion.
    BTW really cool music suggestions I am downloading furure sound of london right now. very nice. as well as taste of honey. Thanks guy's!

atmaestro said:

Nomad,

Thanks for the support!

P.S. Dantrag has a new ID (= Padawan)
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title