is it hard 2 learn guitar?

Thread: is it hard 2 learn guitar?

Tags: None
  1. hannahbobannah said:

Question is it hard 2 learn guitar?

just wondering because i am about 2 take lessons and i dont know if they will be easy or hard. and am gonna learn how 2 play a guitar like heavy metal singers play. well if you know just let me know because i am just curious. well BYE

2. brothahj said:

it's not really that hard - well - maybe it is at first - till your fingers get used to the pain & grow some callouses. will you be playing electric or acoustic?

shirooto said:

Hannah B:

'might want to follow the classical rudiments first before moving on to the "metals." Transition would be much easier ('have "metal-G" friends who are taking classical G courses to improve their skills). Anyway, that's your gig.

BoricuaBoy said:

Its gonna take a while to be anygood at metal. But metal is awesome as hell, so you should definetly stick with it. What are some metal bands you like.

Fortunate_Son said:

You should pick it up fairly easily, especially if you listen to a lot of rock music and have a good sense of rhythm.

your teacher will probably just start with a few simple riffs
    It ain't me
    It ain't me
    I ain't no fortunate son

6. D-Fens said:

Its not so much if its hard or not, its all down to dedication, it will pick up fairly fast if you try hard but if you think that you could just learn a song instantly or solo right away then your going to be in for a dissapointment, hard work - hark rock

7. giutarman said:

it isnt that hard
    practice the penatonic scale and work it till your fingers get super super fast
    then metal will be easy because your fingers will all be used to moving fast
    learn fast picking
    all solos are, are just scales mixed up
    if u can play bark at the moon within a few months
    ure a kickin guitar player

Drive_Shaft said:

Quote Originally Posted by brothahj View Post
    it's not really that hard - well - maybe it is at first - till your fingers get used to the pain & grow some callouses. will you be playing electric or acoustic?

pain?ouch!does it hurt?i wanna learn acoustic

9. chmybrain said:

Its supposed to be the passion...if u're devoted enough.

10. sethster27 said:

grind your fingers on sandpaper, that helps the learning curve considerably

11. Musiclover151617 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Drive_Shaft View Post
    pain?ouch!does it hurt?i wanna learn acoustic
    Its totally not hard at all, i've only been playing for like 4 months itz easy

Quote Originally Posted by sethster27 View Post
    OUCH! OH MY GOODNESS ARE YOU CRAZY?!?! thats gotta kill, id rather play my acoustic for 15 hours straight then do that... but then again girls have low pain tolerance =P
    Last edited by Musiclover151617; 08-13-2007 at 10:48 PM.

Drive_Shaft said:

Quote Originally Posted by sethster27 View Post
    jesus christ!!!!!are u crazy?

13. Musiclover151617 said:

Acoustic is easy, most of it.... i started just playing lil stuff and learning chords, tabs are super easy if you know how to read em, but thats really easy too.
    XOXO
    Musiclover <3

smelly cat said:

yup, it's easy. i had a dream that i could play a guitar perfectly. so in the morning i woke up and went to the store to see how true my dream was. i dont think my neighbours like me anymore, but i think im a great guitar player

alp_er said:

hahahahaha its not that hard come on!!

smelly cat said:

nah, it's not. takes quite a lot of practice tho. but if you only wanna play simple songs like the one phoebe plays in friends (like the famous "smelly cat"), then it's really easy. actually, speaking of Phoebe, once you've learned Smelly Cat, you can play all Phoebe's songs. They ALL use only three easy chords - A, D and E

17. panache said:

I took lessons for 2 months everyday religiously...... and then gave up. It is real tough and takes immense patience, sincerity, diligence and what not. Good luck mate!

18. Sinners And Saints said:

Learning Guitar is NOT hard, It's just a matter of realizing that you're not gunna blaze a face melting riff after three and a half months from your first lesson, as said above, it takes diligence, patience and you have to be genuinely interested in learning

19. Luke of Metal said:

It's easier than learning to stop using txt speak

Inconsolable89 said:

Thumbs up

if you really really want to learn and love it, then it would be easy..