Practice Your Egyptian/Syrian/Lebanese Arabic

Thread: Practice Your Egyptian/Syrian/Lebanese Arabic

Tags: None
  1. mvnr1 said:

Exclamation Practice Your Egyptian/Syrian/Lebanese Arabic

i and LoOlya (our great Syrian friend) decided to make a thread to help those who'd like to practice their Egyptian, Syrian and Lebanese Arabic, it's gonna be useful for those who want to improve the skill of speaking any of these 3 dialects

WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT
    this thread is only useful to those who want to practice speaking Arabic, there r already threads on things to be translated, meanings of words, and grammar, but what if someone doesn't want anything like that and he/she wants to speak to native Arabic speakers to get used to speaking the language exactly as if in real life? so he/she can do that here, this is the point of the thread

so think of this thread as a real life place and not a thread

HOW THIS THREAD WORKS
    any user (on the forum) will suggest a real life situation, for example someone who went to a restaurant to have lunch, he/she starts the situation by saying something like:

law sama7t

to call the waiter, then another user (on the forum) will reply him/her in a new post as the waiter, like this:

totlob eh 7adretak?

it means what would u like to order sir?, another user will reply in a new post, like this:

law sama7t 3ayez atlob mayya

it means i'd like to order water please, another user will reply and so on

TYPES OF SITUATIONS
    i suggest we make interesting situations and not boring ones for example someone had his wallet stolen and things like that, but of course everyone is free to make the situation he/she wants whatever it is, i'm not saying we must make only interesting situations

WHO IS GONNA START THE NEW SITUATIONS
    anyone, not only native speakers

WHEN TO START A NEW SITUATION
    only when the situation going on ends

HOW EACH DIALECT IS USED IN SITUATIONS
    there r 2 ways:

1- start 1 situation where all the 3 dialects (Egyptian/Syrian/Lebanese) r used, in the example above let's say that the person who went to the restaurant is Egyptian and he/she went with his/her friends who r Syrian and Lebanese, in this case the person who's gonna start the situation must type the following:
    DIALECT USED: ALL
    and anyone who's gonna join this situation must type the following b4 he/she replies:
    THE ALL DIALECTS SITUATION

2- start a situation dedicated only to 1 dialect, in which only this dialect is spoken and it's not allowed to use any of the other 2 dialects, in this case the person who's gonna start the situation must type the following:
    DIALECT USED: EGYPTIAN ARABIC
    and anyone who's gonna join this situation must type the following b4 he/she replies:
    THE EGYPTIAN ARABIC SITUATION

CAN 2 OR MORE SITUATIONS GO ON AT THE SAME TIME
    yes, as i said above, 4 different situations can go on at the same time but on condition that there r no dialect repeats, for example, the 4 situations that can go on at the same time r:
    1- a situation where the 3 dialects r used
    2- a situation where only Egyptian Arabic is used
    3- a situation where only Syrian Arabic is used
    4- a situation where only Lebanese Arabic is used
    that's the maximum number of situations

but it's not allowed to have 2 situations dedicated to only 1 dialect, this will cause much confusion

WHY ONLY EGYPTIAN/SYRIAN/LEBANESE ARABIC
    because i speak Egyptian Arabic and LoOlya speaks Syrian Arabic and she can speak Lebanese Arabic too, of course any other native speakers who speak other dialects r welcome, they can make situations in their dialects too

WHAT IF U R NOT SURE ABOUT UR REPLY
    after u type the Arabic sentence, type what u mean between brackets, like this:
    law sama7t 3ayez atlob mayya (i'd like to order water please)

LANGUAGE MISTAKES
    of course it's expected that there will be many many mistakes, native speakers will correct any mistakes they will find

WHO IS GONNA CORRECT THE MISTAKES
    of course only native speakers or those who r not native speakers but can speak Arabic very well and really sure about their correction

ONLY mvnr1 AND LoOlya R THE ONLY NATIVE SPEAKERS WHO WILL CORRECT?
    of course not, ANY native speaker can correct

WHERE R THE MISTAKE CORRECTIONS GONNA BE?
    whenever a user corrects a mistake, he/she has to type the word MISTAKES in the beginning, like this example:
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________
    | MISTAKES
    | u didn't include a subject
    |
    |
    | __________________________________________________ ______________________________________

DO U HAVE TO WRITE IN ARABIC?
    no, u r free to write in Arabic or English letters (Latin)

EXAMPLE
    User 1 (who's gonna start the situation):
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________
    | SITUATION: in a restaurant to have lunch
    | DIALECT USED: All
    |
    | law sama7t
    | __________________________________________________ ______________________________________

User 2:
    | The All Dialects Situation
    | totlob eh 7adretak?
    |
    |

User 3 (or User 1):
    | law sama7t 3ayez atlob mayya
    |
    |

User 4 (or User 2 or User 3):
    | mayya bass?
    |
    |

and so on

PLEASE REMEMBER
    i and LoOlya will try to do our best and i hope we get time to be present on the forum as much as needed, one of us may get busy from time to time
    Last edited by mvnr1; 09-20-2011 at 08:33 PM.

2. randa434 said:

yaaaaaaaaaaaay thx alkon la hay useful and interesting thread i likeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it

ehem ehem badde bkoun awal wa7ad elli byefta7 el modou3
    DIALECT USED:lebanese arabic(also lebanese and syrian dialect are bishbaho la ba3d kteeer)

SITUATION: fi mat3am (looking for a good restaurant to have lunch or dinner and then go to the restaurant)
    randa: da5lak badde 2es2alak bta3reflak shi mat3am shick w aklo tayyeb 2areeb mn hon?
    دخلک بدی اسالک بتعرفلک شی مطعم شیک و اکلو طیب قریب من هون؟
    Last edited by randa434; 08-23-2011 at 10:26 AM.

LoOlya said:

DIALECT USED:lebanese arabic

eh walaw, rou7i doghri o ba3deen 3a 2eedik el yasar btla2i a7san mat3am bil balad
    اي ولو ، روحي دغري و بعدين ع ايدك اليسار بتلاقي أحسن مطعم بالبلد
    Syria ♥
    لّا إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ
    Suriyeli damarımda Türk kanı akıyor.

4. randa434 said:

hay mat3am el aklo ttayyeb walla el 2a3de tayyebe?
    های مطعم الاکلو الطیب ولّا القعده الطیبه؟

@loolya: hayde kilme دغری pronounce doghri ya deghri?

LoOlya said:

@randa434 : In syrian we say deghri, in lebanese they say doghri

wallah ma 7ada tayyeb addik men jamee3 el nawa7i .. wsa2i fye
    ما حدا طيّب قدك .. من جميع النواحي .. وثقي فيي
    Syria ♥

LoOlya said:

May I test my Egyptian with a new situation ? Here I go

DIALECT USED : Egyptian
    3id meelad sa7ebti el nahar da ..me7tara ageb laha eh .. ay 7ada 3indo fikra ?
    عيد ميلاد صاحبتي النهارده .. محتارة اجيب لها ايه ..أي حدا عندو فكرة ؟
    Syria ♥

7. mvnr1 said:

MISTAKES
    in Egyptian Arabic it's 7add (حد) not 7ada (حدا), it's 3and, not 3ind, so the sentence should be ay 7add 3ando fikra (اى حد عنده فكرة)

u can also say 7add 3ando afkar?, or taqtare7o eh ya gama3a?

other than that, ur sentence is excellent

8. mvnr1 said:

hatelha barfan aw shanta aw 7aga tanya tkon bet7ebaha, balash teddy bears el nas teh2et menha heya bet7eb eh?
    هاتيلها برفان او شنطة او حاجة تانية تكون بتحبها, بلاش تيدى بيرز الناس طهقت منها, هى بتحب ايه؟

LoOlya said:

ana ba2oul keda bardo .. eshta (I liked this word) hageeb laha ay 7aga 3'eer el teddy bears
    أنا بقول كدة برضو .. أشطة .. هجيب لها اي حاجة غير التيدي بيزر
    Syria ♥

10. mvnr1 said:

(i'll pretend to be ur female friend)
    gebteeli eh ya LoOlya? enaharda 3eed meladi , ewwwwwwwwwwwwww3i t2ooli neseet ana we7sha awi lamma baz3al
    جبتيلى ايه يا لوليا؟ النهارده عيد ميلادى, اووووووووووووعى تقولى نسيت, انا وحشة اوى لما بزعل

LoOlya said:

Hahahahha!!!! here we7sha means sad ? or bad?

asli ana sa2alt wa7ed masri a3rafo we 2alli in el banat el masryat ma be7bosh el hadaya
    (what a liar! who doesn't love gifts)
    ma tez3aleesh .. hageblek 7ettet sa7n koshari .. ma do2tehosh fi 7ayatek kollaha LOL

أصلي سألت واحد مصري أعرفو و قلي ان البنات المصريات ما بيحبوش الهدايا ..
    ما تزعليش هجبلك حتت صحن كشري ما دقهتوش في حياتك كلها
    Syria ♥

12. mvnr1 said:

MISTAKES
    1- we7sha hena ya3ni hatnarfez we a3amlek we7esh 3ashan magebtelesh hedeya, ha2leb 3al wesh el tani ya3ni, e5tesar hab2a we7sha ma3aki ya3ni

2- plural in -at (masryat) isn't used in Egyptian Arabic, the plural in Egyptian Arabic in this case is always ends in -een, when talking about males or females or both, fa it's el masreyeen not el masryat

3- in Egyptian Arabic it's taba2 not sa7n, so it should be hageblek 7ettet taba2 koshari

3'er keda ba2eet el kalam 100% Egyptian

13. mvnr1 said:

ma akolsh ana men el kalam da, fen el hedeya bta3ti?? :@ shakli ha2leb 3al wesh el tani fe3lan, koshari eeeeeeeh eli enti gayya t2ooli 3aleeeeeeh
    ما اكلش انا من الكلام ده, فين الهدية بتاعتى؟ شكلى هقلب على الوش التانى فعلا, كشرى ايييييييه اللى انتى جاية تقولى علييييييه

LoOlya said:

I had many mistakes :\ It's ok! still learning =)

5alas ba2a ma ta5deesh 3ala 5atrek minni ..asli ma2darsh 3ala za3alek abadan ..
    ma tegi neshouf el souri bta3ek 2olti eeeeh ?

خلاص بقا ما تاخديش على خاطرك مني .. أصلي ماقدرش على زعلك أبداً
    ما تجي نشوف السوري بتاعك .. قلتي ايه ؟
    Syria ♥

15. mvnr1 said:

5alas ha3adeha el marradi, bas el marra el gaya kelmeti matenzelsh el ard aaaaabadan (lol did u see that movie? ) eshta bass ana maba3rafsh atkalem soori wala lebnani fa hatla2i 3'alatat kteer kteeeeeeer kteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer , ta3ali negarab ana ha3mel situation gedeed soori
    خلاص هعديها المرادى بس المرة الجاية كلمتى ما تنزلش الارض ااااابدا, اشطة بس انا مبعرفش اتكلم سورى ولا لبنانى فهتلاقى غلطات كتير كتييييير كتييييييييير تعالى نجرب انا هعمل موقف جديد سورى
    Last edited by mvnr1; 08-23-2011 at 10:03 PM.

16. mvnr1 said:

SITUATION: walking with a friend in a street and the weather is so hot
    DIALECT USED: Syrian Arabic

el jaw el yom kteer kteer 7arr, moo hek?
    الجو اليوم كتير كتير حر, مو هيك؟

LoOlya said:

Mistakes
    We don't say "7arr" .. we say "Shoub"
    Syria ♥

LoOlya said:

eh wallah shoub ktir .. 3m bestanna el sheta yeji ba2a shte2nalo shu ra2yak nakol buza?
    اي والله شوب كتير .. عم بستنى الشتا يجي بقا .. شتقنالو .. شو رأيك ناكل بوظة ؟
    Syria ♥

19. mvnr1 said:

really? it's the first time i hear the word shob, lol i've learned something new today thank u

buza is ice cream right? e7na ben2ol 3aleh ice cream zay el English

eh meta el sheta yeeji, a7san kteer men hal jaw, eh akeed ta3ali nakol booza, bete3refi shee makan 7elew beybee3 booza?
    ايه متى الشتا يجى, احسن كتير من هالجو, ايه اكيد تعالى ناكل بوظة, بتعرفى شى مكان حلو بيبيع بوظة؟

LoOlya said:

Yes Shoub = hot weather .. 3afwan
    Sometimes we call it Ice-cream also .. but usually In Halab we say Buza ..(is a Turkish word "Buz" means Ice )
    In Damascus they say "Askaye-أسكاية" for Ice cream

MISTAKES
    1.Emta not meta
    2.A7san Bi Kteer ..
    4.7elooo not 7elew
    Syria ♥