Need to know this French/Quebec song...

Thread: Need to know this French/Quebec song...

Tags: None
  1. mllea said:

Question Need to know this French/Quebec song...

Hi...
    I heard a song a few months ago when I was in Montreal and it was an absolutely gorgeous song. my friend and I are both now going crazy trying to find it. It was entirely in French. I don't remember the lyrics but I know that it mentioned "Quebec" towards the end of the song. It may have been in the context of something like "je t'aime toujours" - something positive. The song sounds very similar to Carla Bruni's "Quelqu'Un M'A Dit" because it has light accompaniment, just a guitar and maybe a few other not very overbearing instruments. I could swear that a man was singing the song but my friend thinks that it was a female vocalist. they played it at a skating rink with other relatively current songs so I don't think the song was very old, but it had a kind of timeless almost folksy feel to it so it may have been, not sure. I would be eternally grateful to anyone who might be able to help me out with this, or at least if you have some ideas where I can search for it that would be great, too. thanks!

2. mllea said:

Hah - found it. It's "Les etoiles filantes" by Les cowboys fringants on their album La Grand-Messe
    I also found another song I've been looking for on there, called "Plus Rien"
    If anyone is looking for some nice francophone music I'd highly recommend checking this cd out
    Last edited by mllea; 06-13-2006 at 12:54 AM.