"Lead me on this path, not to stray
    "Please Lord, watch over me
    "Transform my knowledge of this Earth
    "Into spiritual
    "Allow me to know your love's worth"
    Amen
    Smilez

2. mexico62 said:

Hi, Inskeepruler: this is the first I read from you, and i´m amazed since the title, that is a paradox if we consider that a man without hope is capable to say a prayer full of faith, good for that.
    On the other hand we have the text, the idea is so original, because a desperate man could try to find a way trough the drugs, alcohol or any bad or easy path, but the man in your poem is a wise man, cause he is looking for something that worth the life to be lived.
    I think is remarkable to show people that our life is not only here, our soul is trying to tell us that we must grow inside. We must respect the idea of anyone of believing in what anyone consider good, but all we must be in peace with ourselves, with our brother all around the world, with nature and enviroment, and, if we belive so, with our creator. Excelllent work and hope a lot or people can read it, to undestand that in desperate moments we must not look for an easy way to scape, but look for the light of God. I think that you are giving a good universal message for people that in some moment of the life feel so sorry, It would be so good if all of us look not around but into the spiritual part of ourselves. Hope God send the signal that you are asking for, In my experience found that God sent us to try to help one to each other, to love all the human kind and try to be a better person each day of our lives.

3. mexico62 said:

One more thing, I like the poems that make me think or use the dictionary, by the way until now I was thinking that verbatim was only a brand. Thank you for help me make wider my vocabulary.

Frankie Jasmine said:

Innsrulekeeper: You've outdone yourself on this one. Perhaps it is the sheer directness and honesty that carries the poem-prayer through to a high plane, without sounding trite, repetitive of formulaic prayers, or corny. This is truth. Well spoken, and to the right "Person," with real humility and honesty.