Thread: Fried bread substitute

Tags: None
  1. steve6 said:

Default Fried bread substitute

I went into the kitchen to fry some bread
    looked in the corner, saw my budgie was dead
    so i fried him instead

2. mexico62 said:

Hi steve6 this is the first black humor poem that I read in this forum, I only can say that itīs theme is original and left me without words,
    I was wondering if it was inspired by some thinking, or if it was bassed on a succes of the real life.
    If it was the sencond option, at least you took a tragedy an made comic situation.
    As this poem is too short, I promise you that I will try to read more of your works, hope they are longer, but in this you worked a good idea in general.

3. steve6 said:

Wow. Thank you very much for your kind words. I would say No on both counts.As far as I can remember it was something that came together rather quickly.
    Is this the only thing I have here. I;ll see if i can find out.

4. steve6 said:

Wow. Thank you very much for your kind words. I would say No on both counts.As far as I can remember it was something that came together rather quickly.
    Is this the only thing I have here. I;ll see if i can find out.
    oh! I have plenty.

Doug Denslowe said:

Thanks to mexico62; he digs up "golden-oldies"from all over this site.Thanks for taking some older poems/song lyrics and giving people another chance at seeing them.Personal Thank You to Frankie Jasmine for this doing for me,and of course,you too,mexico62.Note to mexico62:no poem is too short!It's exactly as long as the author wanted it to be.People say that about Raven Beauty,and they're wrong,it's as long as it should be.Same goes for Fried Bread Substitute.I say this to you because were that close!
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 07-20-2012 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Note to mexico62

6. mexico62 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    Thanks to mexico62; he digs up "golden-oldies"from all over this site.Thanks for taking some older poems/song lyrics and giving people another chance at seeing them.Personal Thank You to Frankie Jasmine for this doing for me,and of course,you too,mexico62.Note to mexico62:no poem is too short!It's exactly as long as the author wanted it to be.People say that about Raven Beauty,and they're wrong,it's as long as it should be.Same goes for Fried Bread Substitute.I say this to you because were that close!
    Hi Doug, you are so right, the length of the poem depends totally on what the autor thinks or decides, I know that this is short but the idea is so original and it sounds so good, but I meant that as this is the first poem I read from steve, I want to read more of his poems to have an idea of his work, I think I canīt make a complete general idea of his talents reading just one poem, but hope he can post more to enjoy his manner of composing (hope I said this last sentence right). Gracias amigo Doug. You are a number one.

Doug Denslowe said:

That's one heck of a sentence,Amigo!Longer than the poem were discussing on this Thread!Thanks,Doug

8. mexico62 said:

That's one heck of a sentence,Amigo!Longer than the poem were discussing on this Thread!Thanks,Doug
    Hi again Doug, I refer when i say "his manner of composing". (he, he, he)
    And as I am a recent member I would like to have enough time to read all the posts, cause you know that I enjoy a lot to read all your posts, but as I have not so much time, I read a little here, a little there, and hopefully I can read all the posts and we can enjoy all together our writings.
    By the way, Iīm watching Smack Down, I told you that here is on fridays. I remember you that I hope you make a poem or lyrics abut wrestling, I was thinking, maybe an old and wasted wrestler who likes to remember the old good times. Gracias amigo Doug
    Last edited by mexico62; 07-20-2012 at 10:45 PM. Reason: add he, he, he

Doug Denslowe said:

Okay,Amigo!Old Wrestlers never die,They just dye their hair.That's something I heard a long time ago,I thought you might enjoy it.A song about Wrestling you ask?I'll work on it and get back to you.I hope steve6 doesn't mind us using his Thread for this discussion!Take it easy,Doug
    SEE:The Wrestler on Lyrics Review,I wrote it as requested,tell me if you like it,or even if you don't!
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 09-12-2012 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Note about The Wrestler

10. mexico62 said:

Ooops, you are right, sorry steve, by the way I check the poems list and saw two more titles from steve, so I hope that tomorrow we can check at least one of them, cause now itīs too late, and Thanks Doug, you are a very good friend, take your time, I can wait. Saludos amigo y buenas noches.

11. steve6 said:

Thanks folks.

Doug Denslowe said:

Gee,you do know ?
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 12-09-2012 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Trying to explain myself to Mr.Head

13. steve6 said:

Gee,you do know what I was PMing you about.I should publish your smartass remarks to show the nice guy you really are!
    This is what what I was PMing you about;the Comments on this poem.There,again I spelled it out for you,or is THIS TOO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?Now I wish I hadn't tried to contact you.
    Okay, I've been very patient with you, but I've had just about enough. I have responded to your name calling and insults with good humour.
    I have not once gone down the same road.
    Publish whatever you want.
    I apologised or at least acknowledged that my first response was probably the wrong one.
    I told you that I didn;t see the rest of the first post until later.
    IS That TOO HARD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND?
    Now grow up, and learn some manners.

Doug Denslowe said:

Duh,duh,duh,duh,duh,duh.............