Zyad Borji- Weinak

Thread: Zyad Borji- Weinak

Tags: None
  1. Aliciaah said:

Default Zyad Borji- Weinak

Can someone help me with the sentences I dont understand & check the other ones to see if the translation is correct ? Thanks in advance

وينك حبيبي والله فقدناك ولا ترانا لا ما وحشناك
    Weinak habibi wallah fi gadna wala tarana lamma wa7ashna
    وينك وينك غايب عن العالم وينك
    Weinak weinak gheyb a3la el 3alam weinak
    Where are you, you've gone far away from everybody
    وينك حبيبي طولت الغياب ما عاد صدري يتحمل عذاب
    Weinak habibi towalt el ghiyab ma 3ad sabri yet7amel a3dab
    Where are you my love, you've been far for so long I can't handle the pain anymore
    وينك تعبت اسأل انا وينك لو بس اشوفك لبعد السحاب
    Weinak ta3ibt as2al ana weinak mo bass ashoufak lo ba3d yesa7ab
    Where are you, I'm tired of asking where are you __________________
    وينك حبيبي اتعبني هواك من لي حبيبي في الدنيا سواك
    Habibi at3abni hawak w elly habibi fi denya siwak

2. mvnr1 said:

corrections r colored in red
    translation of untranslated parts is colored in blue

وينك حبيبي والله فقدناك ولا ترانا لا ما وحشناك
    Weinak habibi wallah figadnak wala tarana la ma wa7ashnak
    Where are you my lover? I swear I miss you, don't you miss me?

وينك وينك غايب عن العالم وينك
    Weinak weinak gheyb 3an el 3alam weinak
    Where are you, you've gone far away from everybody (ur translation is correct)

وينك حبيبي طولت الغياب ما عاد صدري يتحمل عذاب
    Weinak habibi towalt el ghiyab ma 3ad sadri yet7amel 3athab
    Where are you my love, you've been far for so long I can't handle the pain anymore (ur translation is correct)

وينك تعبت اسأل انا وينك لو بس اشوفك لو بعد السحاب
    Weinak ta3ibt as2al ana weinak lo bass ashoufak lo ba3d yesa7ab
    Where are you, I'm tired of asking where are you, let me see you, even seeing you from a distance is gonna make me happy

وينك حبيبي اتعبني هواك من لي حبيبي في الدنيا سواك
    Wenak Habibi at3abni hawak men le habibi fi eddenya siwak
    Where are you my lover? Your love has made me tired, who am I gonna love in this world but you?

moldoveanu said:

were can i find the song ?

gbasfora said:

Try youtube and nogomi.com

5. Aliciaah said:

Thank you very muck mvnr1 ! Can you explain me some little things ? :$
    Don't "la ma wa7ashnak" mean "Dont u miss us" ? :/ && what "فقدناك" means when its used alone ?
    Last thing, I didnt understand this sentence "من لي حبيبي في الدنيا سواك" & its translation ... Sorry for all thse questions :$

moldoveanu this song is on tarabyon.com

6. mvnr1 said:

@ Aliciaah

فقدناك (figadnak) alone means I miss you, look here's the word broken down for more clarification: فقدناك (figadnak) consists of 3 parts:
    1- فقد (figad)
    2- نا (na)
    3- ك (k)

number 1 is the verb فقد which means lose (as in lose something), in Standard Arabic it's pronounced faqad but in some dialects (such as that of the song, i think it's Gulf Arabic) it's pronounced fagad or as in the song figad, the letter ق (the letter in red فقد) is pronounced as q in Standard Arabic and as g in Gulf Arabic, if u have an Arabic dictionary, look up the word فقد and u'll find more about it

number 2 is the subject pronoun we, so far it's فقدنا which means we lost, ok?

number 3 is the object pronoun you, so فقدناك means we lost you, ok?

as u see فقدناك actually means we lost you, but the verb فقد can have other meanings related to loss such as missing someone or losing someone because he/she died, in the case of this song the meaning of missing is the one used, so فقدناك here doesn't mean we lost you, rather it means we miss you, ok?

in Arabic poetry (that's used to write Arabic songs) sometimes the plural form is used to refer to only 1 person, so فقدناك actually means we miss you but the singer refers only to himself, so here فقدناك means I miss you, this is a famous aspect in Arabic songs (referring to 1 person in the plural form)

let's replace each word in the sentence من لي حبيبي في الدنيا سواك by its Arabic translation ok? here it is:
    من لي حبيبي في الدنيا سواك
    but you the world in my lover to me who

each word and its translation r colored in the same color

the literal translation of this sentence is who to me my lover in the world but you?, improve the translation a little bit and it will be who to me is my lover in the world but you?, the expalantion (the idea) is that the singer says who is gonna be my lover in this world but you? ok? this is the best literal translation with a good meaning, but since it's still literal, it's better to translate it as who am I gonna love in this world but you? look, here r some tips to help u:
    1- first get the correct literal translation of the sentence (not any literal translation, no only the correct one, u'll be able to know the correct one by looking up words and see their meanings in the dictionary and pick the best meanings related to the context)
    2- try to get an idea of the literal translation u made, the idea of that sentence is that the singer says that no one in this world is gonna be his lover except her
    3- come up with a translation that preserves the meaning of the literal translation, the idea, and at the same time a good English sentence that's grammatically correct and more appropriate to understand in English

there's another interesting part in which the Arabic lyrics r more powerful than the translation and this might be one of the disadvantages of translation concerning all languages, that sometimes a powerful linguistic effect is lost in translation, i'm talking about the part لو بعد السحاب, if u translate this part literally it means even if as far as clouds, the singer wanna say that seeing his lover even if his lover is as far as clouds is gonna make him happy, but when translating the song to English this is a little distracting because it sounds literal, so the best thing to do in this case is to say the intended meaning which is that seeing her lover even from a distance is gonna make him happy, got it?

ask as much as u want

7. Aliciaah said:

Wooooow thank you so much, it's more than perfect :P <3