circa 1974 rock song with riff like "Jumpin' Jack Flash"

Thread: circa 1974 rock song with riff like "Jumpin' Jack Flash"

Tags: None
  1. simnia said:

Quote Originally Posted by bugmenot1 View Post
    Ooh, excellent guess and a good song...

Lady Love (Robin Trower, 1974, "Bridge of Sighs" album (4-20-1974), authors Robin Trower & James Dewar, length 3:21)

...and the date is perfect, but that's not it. I first heard excerpts from the "Bridge of Sighs" album in spring 1975, and I later bought the album in the late '70s, so I would have recognized the mystery song if it had been on that Robin Trower album. The riff in the mystery song was *much* closer to the notes of the JJF riff, unmistakably so, and the riff was quite repetitious, played at least several times in a row, not just once as in that Robin Trower song.

2. simnia said:

Quote Originally Posted by atmaster View Post
    What about the most prolific riff stealing artist, Steve Miller and his not so well known song, "Dime-A-Dance Romance" (1968)? It heavily "borrows" the riff from "Jumpin' Jack Flash" (1968).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGMT27WqTYw
    Oh my God, I'm pretty sure that's it! There couldn't be another song that close from that era! It fits very well what I remember, though I didn't remember those quick key changes. I'm blown away. Great job! I now owe you $10. I can send you a U.S. money order or foreign money order if you're overseas: you can e-mail me for the address for where to send it. *Great* job/memory! I truly didn't expect to ever hear it again.

Dime-a-Dance Romance (The Steve Miller Band, 1968, "Sailor" album (10-1968), author Boz Scaggs, length 3:26)

atmaestro said:

Save your money, glad i could help.
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title