Help w/ Oldschool I.D.

Thread: Help w/ Oldschool I.D.

Tags: None
  1. Chris3356 said:

Default Help w/ Oldschool I.D.

Hey, need some help identifying this track which was produced prior to 2000. I have absolutely no clues as to the artist, title, or year of production.

The sample is from the movie Groove (2000). I have found 3 separate sources listing every song in the movie in chronological order, and all 3 of them labeled this track as DJ Baggadonuts - This Is Insanity, except I know 100% that is a mislabel, because DJ Baggadonuts - This Is Insanity can be heard clearly and for quite a long period of time minutes later, and has no resemblance at all to this track.

The portion in which This Is Insanity is played is mislabeled as DJ Baggadonuts - Nightmare, so it's possible these 2 songs were switched up, and the sample is Nightmare, but I really don't know.

If anyone can help me I.D. this, it would be greatly appreciated

Sample (0:22): http://www.mediafire.com/?n5i1geicg4c4lba

2. Chris3356 said:

Any ideas guys? Really would love to start dropping this one in my sets

Mixalopoulos said:

As you say, the titles may have been switched.

I assume you have tried to find a sample of "DJ Baggadonuts - Nightmare" to check this ?
    Ρεμπέτικο για πάντα. Μάγκες είμαστε.

4. Chris3356 said:

I did and was unsuccessful in my search. I did however manage to acquire a vinyl copy of the Built To Last EP, which includes Insanity, to 100% confirm that the clip is not of Insanity, which I was fairly certain of already, but now know for sure. I do not know any EP's or Albums that have Nightmare on them though (otherwise I would buy them to check it out), and I can not find a sample anywhere. I emailed Baggadonuts (and had one of my friends do the same), no reply yet.

5. DJ Baggadonuts said:

Hi guys. Ok, so it only took me 4 years to find this thread but if anyone is still listening - that sample isn't one of my tracks. :-)

There are a bunch of unreleased tracks throughout the movie and the couple that are in the movie's credits. My friend worked on the sound for the film and they used a lot of my music during filming. But the sample above isn't one of mine, sorry.