Blue Moon translation??

Thread: Blue Moon translation??

Tags: None
  1. kevstar said:

Cool Blue Moon translation??

I am part of a concert party that raises money for cancer charities and help for heroes. I am also a Man City fan and sing with a big band. Shortly we are recording Blue Moon. Next year, I want to sing Blue Moon in a classical style and need a translation into that beautiful operatic language of italiano!! I have searched the web but been unsuccessful. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Blue Moon, You saw me standing alone. Without a dream in my heart. Without a love of my own.

Blue Moon, You know just what I was there for. You heard me saying a prayer for. Someone I really could care for

And then there suddenly appeared before me. The only one my arms will ever hold. I heard somebody whisper please adore me. And then I looked to the Moon it turned to gold.

Blue Moon, Now I'm no longer alone. Without a dream in my heart. Without a love of my own

Ligeia said:

Despite my sympathy for United I will try to help you...
    This is an almost literal translation so I don't think it will fit the music; I've also found what should be an italian version of the song, but it has a completely different meaning, I quickly translated it so you can get an idea of it.

Blue Moon, You saw me standing alone. / Luna triste, mi hai visto stare lì da solo
    Without a dream in my heart. Without a love of my own./ senza sogni nel cuore, senza un amore tutto mio.

Blue Moon, You know just what I was there for. / Triste luna, sai perchè ero lì
    You heard me saying a prayer for. Someone I really could care for/ mi hai sentito pregare per trovare qualcuno da amare

And then there suddenly appeared before me. / e all'improvviso apparve davanti a me
    The only one my arms will ever hold. I heard somebody whisper please adore me. / l'unica che stringerò tra le mie braccia, ho sentito qualcuno sussurrare "ti prego, adorami"
    And then I looked to the Moon it turned to gold./ ho guardato la luna ed era diventata d'oro

Blue Moon, Now I'm no longer alone. / Triste luna, ora non sono più solo
    Without a dream in my heart. Without a love of my own/ senza sogni nel mio cuore, senza un amore tutto mio.
    ------------------

Luna Malinconica

Ma tu, pallida luna, perchè/ pale moon why
    sei tanto triste, cos'è,/ are you so sad
    che non risplendi per me./ why you don't shine for me

Lassù,tu puoi vederlo il mio cuore,/ over there, you can see my heart
    la delusione d'amore,/ my love woe
    questo mio grande dolore./ this great sorrow of mine

Tu sai che baci sapeva dare/ you know what kind of kisses she used to give me
    ed anche tu non puoi dimenticar./ and you too cannot forget
    Forse tu senti la malinconia,/ perhaps you feel the gloominess
    forse tu sai che non ritorna più./ perhaps you know she won't come back

Ma tu, pallida luna, perchè/ but you pale moon, why
    sei tanto triste, cos'è,/ are you so sad, what's wrong
    tu vuoi soffrire con me./ you want to suffer with me

Solo me ne andrò/ alone i shall wander
    seguendo il mio destino in cerca d'amore./ following my destiny, looking for love
    Non ascolterò,/ i won't listen
    durante il mio cammino, la voce del cuore./ along the way, to my heart's voice

Solo la bianca luna/ only the white moon
    dal ciel mi guiderà./ shall guide me from the sky
    M'insegnerà la via/ she will show me the way
    che m'accompagnerà./ that will be with me
    Last edited by Ligeia; 10-04-2011 at 05:43 AM.
    "-Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity..."
    "-Actually, I'm planning to threaten you."

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do. Evil plots don't just make themselves, you know!"

3. kevstar said:

Default Blue moon

Thanks so much for this. I have been looking for this for ages.

I'll let you know how I go on as I am enlisting a freind who is from italian stock to help me with pronounciation and making the words scan.

Bless you!

Ligeia said:

Glad I've been helpful! I wish you good luck!
    "-Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity..."
    "-Actually, I'm planning to threaten you."

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do. Evil plots don't just make themselves, you know!"

5. kevstar said:

Thanks for your good wishes!