Vigen & Pouran - Asbe sefid

Thread: Vigen & Pouran - Asbe sefid

Tags: None

Albruna said:

Default Vigen & Pouran - Asbe sefid

Hi everyone, I tried to translate this song but I'm not sure about many parts... corrections would be very welcome

Asbe sefid - White horse

کن شتاب ای اسب مهربان من
    اسب محنت*کش خسته*جان من
    دیگر به مقصد راهی نمانده

Hurry, oh my lovable horse
    Suffering horse, my tired darling
    No other one could make it to the end of the road

کن شتاب ای اسب با وفای من
    ای غافل از عشق و ماجرای من
    عشقی که ما را اینجا کشانده

Hurry, oh my loyal horse
    Oh without worrying about my love and my adventures
    A love brought us here

از مرز و بوم غم دیگر گذشتیم
    اکنون به شهر شادی روانیم

We have freed each other from the land and the borders of sorrow
    Now we are moving towards the city of joy

کن همتی تا در پیچ و خم راه
    از پا نیفتیم حیران نمانیم

Do your best until we are surprised that we didn’t get stuck in the bends and curves of the road which our feet didn’t see

اسب من اسب سپید من
    به تندی زین بیراهه بگذر
    اسب من اسب سپید من
    بانگ شادی از دل برآور

My horse, my white horse
    Quickly leave your saddle beside the road (or "take a detour"?)
    My horse, my white horse
    With a cry of joy from the heart

اسب سپید من با تو چه شب*ها
    بودم آواره در این کوه و صحرا
    از ترس جور و خشم ستمگر

My white horse, in how many nights
    have you carried me through mountains and deserts
    far from the fear of oppression and the rage of the tyrant

اسب سپید من از تو چه پنهان
    گشتم از دهکده چندی گریزان
    شدم نهان از چشم ستمگر

My white horse, why should I keep it from you
    So many times I fled the village
    to be happy hidden from the eyes of the tyrant

اکنون بود روز آزادی ما
    دنیا بود شاد از شادی ما

Now the day of our freedom has come
    The world has become joyful with our joy

زنجیر محنت*ها از هم گسسته
    بربست غم رفت از خانه ما

The shackles of worry are broken
    The sorrow we were so used to has left our house
    Last edited by Albruna; 10-14-2011 at 08:14 AM.

Albruna said:

Either my translation is so great that noone finds anything to correct or it's so horrible you don't know where to begin - but I need to know which!

afsaneh said:

Default Vigen & Pouran - Asbe sefid

Dear Albruna
    I was impressed by your translation, however there were some mistakes which I've corrected in the parenthesis.

kon shetaab ey asbe mehrabaane man -------------------- Hurry, oh my lovable horse
    asbe mehnat keshe khaste jaane man --------------------- (my suffering, tired horse)
    digar be maghsad raahi namaande ------------------------- (there is not much of a distance left to the destination)

kon shetaab ey asbe baavafaaye man ---------------------- Hurry, oh my loyal horse
    ey ghaafel az eshgh o maajaraaye man -------------------- (Oh you who are unaware of) my love and my adventures
    eshghi ke maa raa injaa keshaande ------------------------ (the love which has brought us here)

az marz o boume gham digar gozashtim ------------------- We have (passed from) the land and the borders of sorrow
    aknoon be shahre shaadi ravaanim ------------------------- Now we are moving towards the city of joy

kon hemmati taa dar pich o khame raah ------------------- Do your best (until in the) bends and curves of the road
    az paa nayoftim, heyraan namaanim ----------------------- (We would not be footsore and puzzled)

asbe man, asbe sepide man --------------------------------- My horse, my white horse
    be tondi zin biraahe bogzar --------------------------------- Quickly (leave this detour)
    asbe man, asbe sepide man -------------------------------- My horse, my white horse
    baange shaadi az del baraavar ----------------------------- With a cry of joy from the heart

asbe man baa to che shabhaa ------------------------------ My white horse, in how many nights
    boodam aavaare dar in kooh o sahraa --------------------- have you carried me through mountains and deserts
    az tarse jor o khashme setamgar --------------------------- far from the fear of oppression and the rage of the tyrant

asbe man az to che penhaan ------------------------------- My white horse, why should I keep it from you
    gashtam az dehkade chandi gorizaan ---------------------- So many times I fled the village
    shodam nahaan az chashme setamgar -------------------- I (got hidden) from the eyes of the tyrant

aknoon bud ruze aazaadiye maa --------------------------- Now the day of our freedom has come
    donyaa bud shad az shaadiye maa ------------------------ The world has become joyful with our joy

zanjire mehnathaa az ham gosaste ------------------------- The shackles of worry are broken
    barbast gham raft az khaaneye maa ----------------------- The sorrows we were so used to has left our house

translated by Albruna
    "If music be the food of love; play on."
    Shakespeare

Albruna said:

Thank you for that ^^ I haven't been in this forum in a few years but I still listen to the song.