spanish song to english

2. Chacha18 said:

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by lydia
    spanish song to english
    I think 'mayor que yo' means 'older than i' or 'older than me'

=)

3. nani 4 lyfe said:

can somebody translate dis song please................ i have no idea wat they sayin but it soundz lyke a gud song...................
    nani 4 lyfe
    it's me and u now...... i've been waiting...... think i wanna make a move now. baby tell me if u lyke it.......
    holla at ur ma!!!!!!!!

jynxy said:

Default meaning

he's talking about being with an older "fortyish" woman who is mayor que yo (older than me). I'll work on a translation for ya'll.

5. k4g0me said:

no me importa que usted sea mayor que yo...hoy la quiero en mi cama...y no mal interprete mi intencion..es que no aguanto las ganas...catchy song...

jynxy said:

Default "Mayor Que Yo"

All right, I did my best, but near the end I had some trouble, english just doesn't have words for everything... But I tried to have everything make sense and still be as close as possible to the spanish. Whatever, it took me a while, and if you don't like it you can kiss my -- you know the rest. Peace.
    -Jynx

"Mayor Que Yo"

Este menor que usted... --I'm younger than you,
    La quiere conocer... -- you that I want to know
    Con su forma de actuar... -- With your way of behaving (the way you act),
    Me va a enloquecer... -- I'm going to go crazy.
    La tengo en mí soñar... -- I have you in my dreams,
    Acaricio su piel... -- I carressed your skin.
    Le quiero confesar... -- I want to confess to you...
    yo... -- I...

No me importa que usted sea mayor que yo -- I don't care that you are older than me,
    Hoy la quiero en mi cama -- today I want you in my bed.
    Y no malinterprete mi intención -- And don't misinterpret my intention,
    Es que no aguanto las ganas -- it's that I can't endure my desires.
    Por eso he venido a decírselo -- For this I have to come to tell you,
    Que hoy la quiero en mi cama -- today I want you in my bed.
    Si no esta dispuesta, ya dímelo -- If you aren't ready (ie. don't feel like it), tell me now,
    Es que no aguanto las ganas -- it's that I can't endure my desires. (I can't hold back any longer)
    Dame un chance... -- Give me a chance.

No me importa que usted sea mayor que yo oye -- I don't care that you are older than me, listen
    Te quiero aquí aunque tenga mil amores -- I want you here even though I have a thousand lovers
    Yo creo en el destino, oye -- I believe in destiny, listen
    Tú sabes que Dios tiene sus razones -- you know that God
    Eres mayor que yo, oye -- You are older than me, listen
    Te quiero aquí aunque tenga mil amores -- I want you although
    Yo creo en el destino, oye -- I believe in destiny, listen,
    Tú sabes que Dios tiene sus razones -- you know that God has his reasons.
    Avanza, vamonos, dejemos de blablabla -- let's advance, let's go, let's leave the bla bla bla
    Suelta la cartera, pa' la cama con el chachachá -- Leave your purse, to the bed with the cha cha cha
    Te miro y me miras, te me pego pero no haces na' -- I look at you, and you look at me, I move to closer to you but you don't do anything
    Dime porque, porque... -- Tell me, why, why...

Vamos, así es que ellas mueven las poleas -- Let's go, how the girls move the pulleys (could be this, meaning up and down or could be Spanglish and he's suggesting that she pole dance...)
    Su carro lo fulea -- I fueled your car (more or less)
    Y vroomvroom, ella se come la brea -- and vroom vroom, she eats the clutch/breaks
    Llega a la disco y todo el mundo la lookea -- You arrive at the club and all the world looks at you
    Chulea, fua, tira un beso y se patea -- You strut, you go, you throw a kiss and stomp
    Eso, beso con que se come con queso -- this kiss that you eat with cheese (I'll leave you to your individual translations for this... I have mine but I'm not sure... sorry, I do have a limited vocabulary)
    Esto es un proceso, suelta de eso pa' los presos -- This is a process, leave it to the inmates
    Tú sabes, doña, como mi voz tiene peso -- You know, doña, how my voice has weight
    El perro quiere un hueso, avanza dame un beso -- the dog wants a bone, come on, give me a kiss
    Fuimos, sacala en Bata que tu eres tremenda gata -- We go, take off your bata (this is like a bathrobe or nightgown), you are tremendous "cat"
    Con bata doña, con what the hell Avanza, pongase la bata, dejémonos de lata -- With the gown doña, with, what the hell, let's go, take off the gown, leave the nuisance
    Te voy a dar por la culata, y... -- I am going to give you (literally) for the *ss

No me importa que usted sea mayor que yo -- I don't care that you are older than me,
    Hoy la quiero en mi cama -- today I want you in my bed.
    Y no malinterprete mi intención -- And don't misinterpret my intention,
    Por eso he venido a decírselo -- For this I have to come to tell you,
    Que hoy la quiero en mi cama -- today I want you in my bed.
    Si no esta dispuesta, ya dímelo -- If you aren't ready, give me it now,
    Dame un chance... -- Give me a chance.

Yo soy un tigre -- I'm a tiger
    Por edad no midas el calibre -- Don't measure the quality by age,
    Prueba del menu y después me dices -- taste the menu and after tell me.
    Soy fuego en el Caribe -- I am fire in the Carribean
    Mai, que las apariencias no te engañen -- Mami, that the appearances don't deceive you,
    Ni permitas que la gente te cizañe -- neither you permit that the people make trouble for you
    (Azota!) Porque tengo estilo de sicario -- (Whip!) Because I have the style of Sicario (a rapper/rapero)
    de la calle mi vocabulario -- my vocabulary of the street
    La gatita me mira fascina -- the "cat" looks at me fascinated
    Y a la vez se pone media guilla -- and at the same time I know you are half getting ready to run away. (more or less)
    Se da cuenta de lo contrario -- I know you are counting the obstructions
    Porque vio que yo tengo la capacidad -- Because you saw that I have the capacity
    Que un joven requiere, sin usar intermediario -- that a young one requires, without using a go-between (sometimes this word refers to a pimp, I used the less inflamatory word)
    El chico sabe que esto es lo que hace -- the boy knows that this is what to do.
    El tiempo que separe los niños de los hombres -- the time that separates the boys from the men.
    El chico sabe que esto es lo que hace -- the boy knows that this is what to do.
    El tiempo que separe con calma los calores -- the time that separates the tranquility (calm) from the passion (heat)

(Azota!) Porque tengo estilo de sicario -- (Whip!) Because I have the style of an assassin
    de la calle mi vocabulario -- my vocabulary of the street
    La gatita me mira fascina -- the "cat" looks at me fascinated
    Y a la vez se pone media guilla -- and at the same time I know you are half getting ready to run away. (more or less)
    Se da cuenta de lo contrario -- I know you are counting the obstructions
    Porque vio que yo tengo la capacidad -- Because you saw that I have the capacity
    Que un joven requiere, sin usar intermediario -- that a young one requires, without using a go-between
    (Dame un chance...) -- Give me a chance.

Dale, cuarentona, -- come on cuarentona (I don't think we have a word for this, it is a "forty-ish" (cuarenta) woman), Con tu corte de roncona -- with you I cut roncona (an arrogant person) (basically he is saying "cut the bullshit')
    Suena las campanas que ya Wisin 'ta en la lona -- sound the bells that already Wisin is in the sheets (more or less)
    Juguetona, como en la cama me arrincona -- Jueguetona (a person who plays, but not a playa, like playful, a tease), how you corner me in the bed
    Aquella tiene veinte, pero se parece a Chona -- that you have twenty, but I know you look like Chona (the only "Chona" I can find on the internet is Maria Chona. Try the link for a pic and you get his meaning...) http://scholar.library.csi.cuny.edu/...hics/chona.gif
    Malandrona, con ese corte bien burlona -- malandrona (a "bad girl" I think...) , with this cut the mocking
    Tráigan me la linda, Wisin baila con la mona -- Come to me beautiful, Wisin dances with the beautiful [woman] (this word literally means monkey but it is not used to be insulting, it is an endearing term)
    Guapetona, y si tu gato te encajona -- Beautiful woman, and if your "cat" fits (literally) me
    Quitate el grillete, dile que tu te encojonas -- Take off the shackles, tell me that I fit you
    Quitate el grillete, dile que tu te encojonas -- Take off the shackles, tell me that I fit you
    (Heyyyyy...)

'W', el sobreviviente! -- 'W' the one who lives in excess (sort of...)
    Daddy Yankee!
    Yandel!
    (You know how we do, man!)
    (We ready!)
    Y el gato, Ranks! -- and the "cat", Ranks!
    "Mas Flow 2"!

Hector, el bambino! (this means Hector the Kid by the way I think is to be like Billy the Kid but don't know)
    (Hector, el bambino!)
    Wisin y Yandel!
    (Tony TunTun!)
    (Representando!) -- Representing
    (Un junte pa' la historia!) -- together for the history (like making history i think)
    (En "Mas Flow 2"!)
    (Entiendes?) -- You understand?
    (En mas ningún otro disco!) -- I don't know how to say literally and have it make sense, maybe "played more than any other record" (???)
    Jajajajaja!
    Luny!
    Lo único que te falta unir! -- the only ones that haven't joined
    Es a Bush y a bin-Laden! -- are Bush and bin-Laden!
    Last edited by jynxy; 08-13-2006 at 03:51 PM.

jynxy said:

I deserve a medal... lol... hey any bilingual people here who want to help me translate for the (other) gringos???????

8. linuxwins2004 said:

Sicario Means Hitman / Assasain

jynxy said:

Default thanks

yeah, you're right, I was thinkin that he was comparing his musical style to Sacario's.

jynxy said:

i wrote this up at 4 am this mornin... a lesson to ya'll, never try to translate when you're that tired, ya think too much and start to go crazy after a while. god i miss my boyfriend... lol... sorry.

11. k4g0me said:

good job girl! translating reggaeton is hard!!!!

jynxy said:

yeah... my spanish is definetely not fluent, so this is my practice. Some of the stuff is harder than other... for example, I took a guess on Chona but no one has corrected me yet, at least most of the slang makes sense to me even if i can't always translate it to english. (most of the spanish i learned is off the streets, i took one semester in 11th grade and flunked... lol... ) The only songs I won't translate are gasolina and rompe... translations exist of those, not very good ones, but I'm much to lazy...

NINAHHH said:

Default Mayor Que Yo!!!

Thanks For The Translation!!!! You Are A Jewel.

I Am Totally In Love With This Song!!! As I Am Older Than My Dominican Man!!!! Heehee

Though My Spanish Convo Is Not Really Up To Par, I Can Read. So The Title Was Easy For Me To Understand , So I Listened To It, And Was In Love Instantly. "hoy La Quiero En Mi Cama!!!" Our Feelings Exactly..lol

♪ninahhh!

jynxy said:

damn girl! you are lucky, gotta love those dominican boys! they so fine! my guy is from guatemala and i love him but for a dominican... hmmm... there might be a lil 'infidelity'. (is that the right word?) hahahaaaa
    Y ERES TU, SOLO TU
    LA QUE ME LLEVA A LA LUNA
    LA QUE CALMA MIS LOCURAS
    LA QUE ME QUEMA LA PIEL
    Y ERES TU, SIEMPRE TU
    ANGEL DE LA MADRUGADA
    EL TATUAJE DE MI ALMA
    PARA SIEMPRE TE ENCONTRE

15. linuxwins2004 said:

Quote Originally Posted by jynxy
    yeah... my spanish is definetely not fluent, so this is my practice. Some of the stuff is harder than other... for example, I took a guess on Chona but no one has corrected me yet, at least most of the slang makes sense to me even if i can't always translate it to english. (most of the spanish i learned is off the streets, i took one semester in 11th grade and flunked... lol... ) The only songs I won't translate are gasolina and rompe... translations exist of those, not very good ones, but I'm much to lazy...
    it not worth time to translate those songs anyway they suck now and yes i feel u on translating when u r tired it makes you mind spin a little too much

jynxy said:

yeah, and they are really bad when you try to translate them cuz then they sound REALLY stupid. they are good songs to dance to i guess, but not to LISTEN to. and translating the slang for gasolina is a pain, then people argue about what 'gasolina' is... so stupid. people need to listen to some songs of his that are better lyrically... but they won't so whatever. i guess i'm glad. then they would want me to translate those...

and yeah, my head spins sometimes when i'm not tired cuz i don't translate words in my head like most people do, (i just understand or dont. i dont think: ok, this word means this. it is good for speaking, bad for translating.), so it is unnatural for me.
    Y ERES TU, SOLO TU
    LA QUE ME LLEVA A LA LUNA
    LA QUE CALMA MIS LOCURAS
    LA QUE ME QUEMA LA PIEL
    Y ERES TU, SIEMPRE TU
    ANGEL DE LA MADRUGADA
    EL TATUAJE DE MI ALMA
    PARA SIEMPRE TE ENCONTRE

17. Malandrona1984 said:

ok... the one thing you have to know is that Spanish doesn't mean the same thing across different nationalities. a word for a Cuban may mean something else for a Nicaraguan and even something else for a Puerto Rican. Even though i speak very good Spanish there are some words Dominicans say that i'm like ***? also, in the lyrics when they say something it doesn't mean it's something literal.

to: jynxy
    You did a very good job but let me adjust some things.

Te quiero aquí aunque tenga mil amores -- I want you here even if you have a thousand lovers

Su carro lo fulea -- she fuels her car

Chulea, fua, tira un beso y se patea -- (it's more of a meaning) "chulea"- acting cute, "fua" (it's a sound) of her trowing a kiss, "se 'patea"- i take that as she has found someone to be with at the club.

Eso, beso con que se come con queso -- this kiss that you eat with cheese
    translated right, but he's asking *** am i gonna do with a kiss? in other words he wants more than that.

Se da cuenta de lo contrario -- she realizes the opposite

Aquella tiene veinte, pero se parece a Chona - that one is Twenty (y/o), but she loooks like Chona (she is fugly!)

Guapetona, y si tu gato te encojona -- Beautiful woman, and if your "cat" (man) gets angry

Quitate el grillete, dile que tu te encojonas -- Take off the shackles, tell him you get angry too. in other word free yourself from him.

W', el sobreviviente! -- 'W' the survivor

(Un junte pa' la historia!) -- coming together to make history

(En mas ningún otro disco!)-- you wont find this in any other record