Καίτη Γαρμπή - Θέλω Να Σε Βλέπω/ Katy Garbi - Thelo Na Se Vlepo

Thread: Καίτη Γαρμπή - Θέλω Να Σε Βλέπω/ Katy Garbi - Thelo Na Se Vlepo

Tags: Καίτη Γαρμπή, greek to english, katy garbi

Robster1983 said:

Default Καίτη Γαρμπή - Θέλω Να Σε Βλέπω/ Katy Garbi - Thelo Na Se Vlepo

Γειά σου everyone,

I know the following song has already seen its 10th birthday, but lately I just can't stop listening to it. I'm talking about Θέλω Να Σε Βλέπω/ Thelo Na Se Vlepo, sung by Καίτη Γαρμπή/ Katy Garbi.
    I've searched for the translations (into the English language), but can you imagine how surprised I was when I found out that this song has not been translated yet?

So, hopefully there's some Greek goddess or Greek hero who doesn't mind translating this brill song (I myself have already translated the song into phonetic script to make things easier, perhaps).

Ευχαριστώ πολύ in advance!!

The lyrics:

IN GRΣΣK WRITING:

Η Αθήνα με τρομάζει γιατί κλέβει έρωτες
    η Θεσσαλονίκη πάντα νύχτες αξημέρωτες
    σε κερνάει η Κρήτη κι εγώ καίγομαι
    μη σε χάσω και τρελαίνομαι, και

Θέλω να σε βλέπω, θέλω να σε βλέπω
    θέλω να 'μαι μαζί σου
    θέλω να σε βλέπω, θέλω να σε βλέπω
    θέλω να 'μαι η ζωή σου
    να 'μαι εγώ η ζωή σου

Να σου παίρνει τα μυαλά, να σε κερδίζει η Μύκονος
    για να καταλάβεις πως μου λείπεις πάντα, ανίκανος
    Οδυσσέας μες στο καραβάκι σου
    που δεν θέλεις την Ιθάκη σου, και

θέλω να 'μαι μαζί σου
    θέλω να 'μαι η ζωή σου
    να 'μαι εγώ η ζωή σου (x2)

θέλω να 'μαι η ζωή σου
    Θέλω να σε βλέπω, και να σου ανοίγω
    θέλω να 'μαι μαζι σου
    να 'μαι εγώ η ζωή σου

IN PHONETIC WRITING:

I Athina me tromazei giati klevei erotes
    I Thessaloniki pada nyxtes aksimerotes
    Se kernaei i Kriti ki ego kaigomai
    Mi se xaso kai trelainomai, kai

Thelo na se vlepo, thelo na se vlepo
    Thelo na 'mai mazi sou
    Thelo na 'mai zoi sou
    Na 'mai ego i zoi sou

Na sou pairnei ta myala, na se kerdizei i Mykonos
    Gia na katalaveis pos mou leipeis pada, anikanos
    Odysseas mes sto karavaki sou
    Pou den theleis tin Ithaki sou, kai

Thelo na 'mai mazi sou
    Thelo na 'mai zoi sou
    Na 'mai ego i zoi sou (x2)

Thelo na 'mai zoi sou
    Thelo na se vlepo, kai na sou anoigo
    Thelo na 'mai mazi sou
    Na 'mai ego i zoi sou
    Last edited by Robster1983; 10-09-2011 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Error on my behalf, minor edit
    To Páthos Eínai Aformí

Robster1983 said:

Come on, there's got to be at least someone who is willing/able to translate it?
    To Páthos Eínai Aformí

TheSerbianhoney said:

Η Αθήνα με τρομάζει γιατί κλέβει έρωτες // Athens scares me because it steals away loves
    η Θεσσαλονίκη πάντα νύχτες αξημέρωτες // In Thessaloniki nights never get to dawn
    σε κερνάει η Κρήτη κι εγώ καίγομαι // (can't translate the first part to English, sorry) and I'm burning
    μη σε χάσω και τρελαίνομαι, και // Don't want to lose you and I'm going crazy, and

Θέλω να σε βλέπω, θέλω να σε βλέπω // I want to see you, I want to see you
    θέλω να 'μαι μαζί σου // I want to be with you
    θέλω να σε βλέπω, θέλω να σε βλέπω // I want to see you, I want to see you
    θέλω να 'μαι η ζωή σου // I want to be your life
    να 'μαι εγώ η ζωή σου // Me to be your life

Να σου παίρνει τα μυαλά, να σε κερδίζει η Μύκονος // I want Mykonos to make you crazy, to win you over
    για να καταλάβεις πως μου λείπεις πάντα, ανίκανος // So you could understand that I always miss you, helpless
    Οδυσσέας μες στο καραβάκι σου // Odysseas inside of your boat
    που δεν θέλεις την Ιθάκη σου, και // Because you don't want your Ithaki, and

θέλω να 'μαι μαζί σου
    θέλω να 'μαι η ζωή σου
    να 'μαι εγώ η ζωή σου (x2)

θέλω να 'μαι η ζωή σου
    Θέλω να σε βλέπω, και να σου ανοίγω
    θέλω να 'μαι μαζι σου
    να 'μαι εγώ η ζωή σου

Robster1983 said:

@TheSerbainHoney: thank you SO MUCH for translating most of it!!!! You really helped me somehow, for I was unsure about some parts!
    However, If there is someone who can translate other parts of it: be welcome!

But really@TheSerbianhoney: thanks so much!!!!!! If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't know the meaning of the song! You just rule!!!
    To Páthos Eínai Aformí

TheSerbianhoney said:

you're welcome i love this song too, it's kind of autobiographical since my boyfriend lives in Greece and I'm in Serbia...

Robster1983 said:

I think «σε κερνάει η Κρήτη» has something to do with Crete (Κρήτη). Hopefully there's someone who can translate that one last piece of the puzzle.

But you have a long distance relationship then, eh? Do you see eachother often? (never often enough, I reckon )
    To Páthos Eínai Aformí

TheSerbianhoney said:

σε κερνάει η Κρήτη- I know the meaning of this, but there's no word in English for that, I think... It would be a lot of easier for me to translate it to Serbian... but, it's something like- Crete is giving you something for free ...
    As for long distance relationship, don't even ask just like you said, never often enough

Robster1983 said:

Well, I know some Greek people, so I reckon they ought to make me understand it. For now, all I can come up with is that 'Crete pours/flows out'. But the moment I know the English equivalent (well… as close as it can be, that is :P) I'll post it here! I mean, there múst be some English-language equivalent, right?

Well, I know I could never be in such sort of a relationship. But then again; that's me. But how often do you see eachother? And how, where, when do you meet eachother?

Oow, something semi-off topic: since you understand Serbian (I reckon, since you call yourself Serbian Honey) and Greek, which song do you prefer: «Γειά» from Δέσποινα Βανδή, or «Samo Za Tvoje Oči», from Јелена Карлеуша/ Jelena Karleuša…
    To Páthos Eínai Aformí

TheSerbianhoney said:

You're not even allowed to compare those two!!! Jelena Karleuša is probably the most annoying person on Earth!!! She can't sing, so you really can not compare her to Deva And, at the end, the original version of song is always the best one
    As for my love life issues .... We see each other like twice a month, sometimes I visit him, sometimes he visits me... it's not that far away, it takes na hour and a half by a plane, and 8, 9 hours by car

Robster1983 said:

OMG, U JUST RULE!!!! <3 YA!!!

I think the same same thing about Jelena, but she sure as hell is fun to look at... God, I've seen her perform on some Serbian telly show… she tried to lipsync with her lyrics, eventhough it was clear that she as using a vocoder…

--
    ***Ja volim volim da da preteram ne zameri -- Ja radim radim to isključivo iz ljubavi***
    --
    8D

But, I have to admit: it's not really sure who was the first (really, there's still some dispute about it). Despina had some contract with Fivos, but so did Jelena (so she says). But, as time would pass, Despina reached new hights with her own songs, and Jelena… well, there'e always some artists who reckons she sounds a lot like his/her already released song… :P

And about your <3: twice a month sounds almost like heaven!! You get to tease eachother (being 'so far' away), yet you will (hopefully) never get dull of eachother! It's the best of both worlds!
    I know, when you are in love, it NEVER is enough… But maybe, who knows… you are the living proof that love exceeds boundaries! And to be honest: that's just what this world needs: love that goes beyond any boundary!
    To Páthos Eínai Aformí

TheSerbianhoney said:

about Jelena- I don't even like saying her name. That's enough And I think that Pheobus wrote "Geia" for Vandi, and then later he also sold the song to Karleuša... But, one way or another, I prefer Greek version
    And for my relationship- if you have a strong will, everything is possible... It's not perfect, though, we do fight a lot, but it's more because we're both so stubborn and nervous, long distance is not such a great issue but, yes, love does exceed boundaries at the end!!!

Robster1983 said:

Now thát's someone I can talk with!

And well, if that's the only thing that you have to deal with (some fighting because you're both stubborn and edgy some time): be happy abouth that!

And about Jelena… if I'm correct, she's in Germany now (with her football-bf, I reckon?), so that shouldn't be any problem, also. :P
    To Páthos Eínai Aformí

Robster1983 said:

This has taken almost a year, but TheSerbianhoney, could it be like this??:

σε κερνάει η Κρήτη κι εγώ καίγομαι // (can't translate the first part to English, sorry) and I'm burning
    σε γερνάει η Κρήτη κι εγώ καίγομαι // Crete is getting older and I'm burning
    To Páthos Eínai Aformí

14. safe1 said:

Hi Rob,

the lyrics were correct in the first place and they are like this:

σε κερνάει η Κρήτη κι εγώ καίγομαι

The literal meaning is this:

Crete buy you a round of drinks (or stand a round of drinks, or, pay a round of drinks), while I'm on fire (while I'm burning inside)

The "real life" meaning is that she sings to her beloved one that:

She is jealous of him being away in Crete while she has no way to know what it's going on there and, while she is crazy in love with him.
    So, she uses the phrase: "Crete buy you a round of drinks (probably, because you are a good looking guy and that's unavoidable) while I'm burning inside being away from you"...
    just to emphasize her love and devotion...

Hope this helps...