Genre of Song's in AE

Thread: Genre of Song's in AE

Tags: None
  1. diamondcult said:

Default Genre of Song's in AE

Hey Guys,

I'm not really trying to identify a specific song instead of the genre of AE songs. what do you guys think it is? I'm trying to look for similar songs.
  2. SteelersFreak1 said:

Its almost all indie pop and indie rock, you'll find a lot of similar artists just by searching those two genres.

Hco471Model said:

If you make a Pandora station with any mix of Noah & The Whale, Two Door Cinema Club, The Thermals, Passion Pit, Cut Copy, and Hot Chip you will pretty much get the entire AE playlist plus some similar goodies. Sometimes I think that is how they make their playlists.

You can also check out my "The Best of AE" playlist which spans from Holiday 2009 to Holiday 1 2011 (now). You could then search for other songs by those artists or put them on Pandora. While AE is mainly indie rock and pop, they also throw some curveballs in like Akon and MIA... and a random 90s hit (like Bel Biv Devoe - Poison or Basement Jaxx - Romeo)

Finally, go on over to the Hollister forum here and check out some of their playlists. Having worked at both AE and Hollister, the music is very similar. Usually Hollister gets a song first (usually a really cool remix) and then AE copies them a month or two later.

Oh and there's also a GREAT indie playlist that gets published every month with over 100 free songs! http://www.birp.fm