Still searching for song after 15 years, please help.

Thread: Still searching for song after 15 years, please help.

Tags: None
  1. baron293 said:

Default Still searching for song after 15 years, please help.

This has been nagging me for years. If you can identify the song I will be eternally grateful! I'll give you what I have and what I can remember.

I heard it in Austin Texas in 1997 or 98. Song could be local. It could also be much older than 97.

Female singer. Very soft and pure voice, no back up singers. Sounded like country, gospel or blue grass.

Lyrics involved sitting on porch (swing perhaps?), front or back porch, dont remember. Looking back on life and found that the best things in life were (either) free or weren't free (can't remember which, but I believe it was were not free). Very sad and sweet song about life's ups and downs.

I have done many searches to no avail. It is not the Dolly Parton song. I'm guessing it will take someone from Texas during that time to identify it. Thanks for any help.

2. Fence Sitter said:

My first thoughts are "Our Town" by Iris Dement, however the lyrics don't refer to whether things are free or not, instead "noting good ever lasts" and it does mention sitting on a porch.

I also did a search before posting, but I wasn't able to locate a plausible candidate that had "best things in life ... "

3. baron293 said:

I found that song and took a listen. Not it. Darn, I was excited Thanks for checking Fence. The singers voice was not as "twangy" as Iris' is. Her voice was more feminine and pure. The song sounded pretty sad to me as well. I am concerned I may have messed the lyrics up, but im sure about the porch swing. Something about "looking back over life I found the best things in life aren't free." Thanks for trying. The search continues...

4. Claybricks said:

I found this song clip, however, it is from the year 2000

Phyllis Leonard - Looking Back At Life {2000}

song clip...

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/leonard

Dan

5. baron293 said:

Not it Clay. Thanks for trying though!

6. Jennifer Cooper said:

Pam Tillis - Maybe it was Memphis?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egvraT1oBH0