My first attempt at lyrics

Thread: My first attempt at lyrics

Tags: None
  1. Lespaul said:

Default My first attempt at lyrics

Hello this is my first attempt at lyrics, they are
    Not infact finished and I am looking for feedback so I know if I should keep working on them or to scrap them and start over. Thankyou in advance.

I'm on the outside and your Looking in from above. I don't ask for your forgiveness I just want your trust.

I wished to be someone different, I wished to be someone new, I wished to for a new start but all I need is you.*

Cuz when you think it's all over.*
    When its not even begun.**
    And now I've found what I was searching for and look what I've become.

2. pncl&ppr said:

i'm no expert but i think this could be good. give it a shot and see where it goes, i'll keep an eye out for it

3. kbelcher91 said:

Yes it has potential keep it up

Eams said:

go for flow, words that roll off your tongue effortlessly, try to keep the syllables in each line of a verse simialar too. that wit sometimes help with form, ryhming is really an option, you can do good withough it but, when you can get great flow and rhyming verse, its amazing. practice makes perfect myfriend, i see potential, here. read alot of whats posted by the longer-been-a-member members and take in the different styles, hope that helps.
    The stature of a man is not decided by the size of his fists, but by how he uses them.

5. ironynotlost said:

If it's nebulous and needs it, sculpt it 'til it looks/sounds like what you're after.
    You might have a pool of words that spring up to something entirely different than what you started with.
    Fall in love with writing is the best advice I heard from Ray Bradbury. Good advice for all of life,
    don't ya think?!