Kohl's Christmas Shopping Music identify thread

Thread: Kohl's Christmas Shopping Music identify thread

Tags: None
  1. MattyD1989 said:

Default Kohl's Christmas Shopping Music identify thread

It's that time of year again, Kohl's is already playing Christmas music. So post your requests for any identifications of Christmas music you hear at Kohl's in here.

I'll start with a few that I heard tonight.

First was like, Crazy Santa's gonna come knock knock knocking or something like that.

Second was a female singer, and a fast-paced song, with the lyrics "Santa's gonna...." I couldn't make out the rest.

Third had a lyric like, "It's the season that only comes once a year" or something like that.

Third began with "Santa's gonna be coming soon" or something like that. Sorry these are kinda vague.

I'm also looking for who sings the foreign-language version of Rudolph. Thanks guys!
  2. Speedy3 said:

Default does anyone know this one?

This one is one the Christmas playlist.. lyrics go "its Christmas time"... kinda slow the male singer almost sounds like John Lennon.
    thank you
  3. bugmenot1 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy3 View Post
    This one is one the Christmas playlist.. lyrics go "its Christmas time"... kinda slow the male singer almost sounds like John Lennon.
    thank you
    "Christmastime" by Aimee Mann and Michael Penn
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSkr6fr01M0
  4. Leslie Pifer said:

I work at a Kohl's in NC and now that Christmas is rolling in, here comes the Christmas songs! There is one that I really like and it is a duet with a woman and a man and at one point the woman sings "light a candle" or "light my candle" I think it is a Christmas medley cuz i hear the joy to the world and the woman sings "oh merry Christmas". Very pretty song!
  5. Leslie Pifer said:

Default Chirstmas song! help!

I work at a Kohl's in NC and now that Christmas is rolling in, here comes the Christmas songs! There is one that I really like and it is a duet with a woman and a man and at one point the woman sings "light a candle" or "light my candle" I think it is a Christmas medley cuz i hear the joy to the world and the woman says "oh merry Christmas". Very pretty song!
    Please and thank you for your help!
  6. bugmenot1 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Pifer View Post
    I work at a Kohl's in NC and now that Christmas is rolling in, here comes the Christmas songs! There is one that I really like and it is a duet with a woman and a man and at one point the woman sings "light a candle" or "light my candle" I think it is a Christmas medley cuz i hear the joy to the world and the woman says "oh merry Christmas". Very pretty song!
    Please and thank you for your help!
    Is this the song?

"Christmas Day" by Michael W. Smith featuring Mandisa
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSWdIp4d2Kk
    Last edited by bugmenot1; 11-15-2011 at 07:22 AM.
  7. bugmenot1 said:

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD1989 View Post
    It's that time of year again, Kohl's is already playing Christmas music. So post your requests for any identifications of Christmas music you hear at Kohl's in here.

Third had a lyric like, "It's the season that only comes once a year" or something like that.
    Is this the song?

"Christmas Comes But Once a Year" by Charles Brown
    http://www.myspace.com/charlesbrown-...-year-81011894
  8. Leslie Pifer said:

Yup that's it! Thanks a bunch! <3
  9. Joselyn Diaz said:

Okay, I'm searching for this one particular Christmas song, I swear it sounds like Phil Collins but I guess its not him since I've looked through his entire discography and cannot find it. The song has a slow and a bit of sad tune to it, the singer sings it slow like. I hope this can lead you to the one I'm talking about.

Mixalopoulos said:

Quote Originally Posted by Joselyn Diaz View Post
    Okay, I'm searching for this one particular Christmas song, I swear it sounds like Phil Collins but I guess its not him since I've looked through his entire discography and cannot find it. The song has a slow and a bit of sad tune to it, the singer sings it slow like. I hope this can lead you to the one I'm talking about.
    Seal - Secret (Feat. Heidi Klum)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOuL2AnJPok
    Ρεμπέτικο για πάντα. Μάγκες είμαστε.
  11. Joselyn Diaz said:

No, it's not that one. It's rarely played at the Kohls I work at but it's so beautiful to me and I wish I knew a lyric to go on but it's played so softly that I can barely hear the song & the gut singing it sings it softly too.

It's like a mix between Peter Gabriel & Phil Collins so it might be one of them...

I found it! I went through the entire thread and found it on like page 40 I think. It's Christmas Is Now Drawing Near At Hand by Steve Winwood.
    Last edited by Mixalopoulos; 11-29-2011 at 02:54 AM.
  12. lilsqueakers said:

Anyone know where I can find the Kohl's version of "The Holly and the Ivy?"
  13. ahbeyonce said:

I heard the sweetest acoustic version of (I think) The Prince of Peace at Kohls. I can't find it anywhere though on itunes or
    google, so if anyone knows who plays it, let me know. It plays over and over again about 3 or 4 times and is very short.
  14. bugmenot1 said:

Quote Originally Posted by ahbeyonce View Post
    I heard the sweetest acoustic version of (I think) The Prince of Peace at Kohls. I can't find it anywhere though on itunes or
    google, so if anyone knows who plays it, let me know. It plays over and over again about 3 or 4 times and is very short.
    I'm not familiar with "The Prince of Peace". By any chance are you referring to "The Holly And The Ivy"?
    Last edited by bugmenot1; 12-09-2011 at 06:48 PM.
  15. HeatherSR said:

There are two main christmas remixes that play at kohl's currently. One is the Dan the automator, that I know, but the other one is also mainly a jingle bells also. its faster and there's a line that's like "take the girls tonight." I can't find it! Help.
  16. bugmenot1 said:

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherSR View Post
    There are two main christmas remixes that play at kohl's currently. One is the Dan the automator, that I know, but the other one is also mainly a jingle bells also. its faster and there's a line that's like "take the girls tonight." I can't find it! Help.
    The second version of "Jingle Bells" is the Prophet Omega remix.
    This song is very hard to find. Many websites only have a 20 second ringtone available for download. I could only find one place that has the entire song.

http://muz.ru/Store/FreeStreaming2.a...Pl=-1&rTrack=1
  17. MattyD1989 said:

Quote Originally Posted by bugmenot1 View Post
    Is this the song?

"Christmas Comes But Once a Year" by Charles Brown
    http://www.myspace.com/charlesbrown-...-year-81011894

That's not the one I was thinking of at the time, but that's another one that I was gonna come in and post today! Thanks!

Here are some that I've heard recently that I'd like identified please:

The following are all foreign versions, don't know necessarily what languages:
    Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
    White Christmas
    Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
    Sleigh Ride
    Also, a Spanish song that has the lyrics "Donde esta Santa Claus?" (Where is Santa Claus)

The following are all instrumentals:
    Sleigh Ride (has a prominent saxophone)
    Deck the Halls (two different versions I believe. One of them is very popular and I hear it everywhere, not just Kohls)
    Angels We Have Heard on High
    The Holly and the Ivy

The following versions of songs:

The 12 Days of Christmas - rock version. Sometimes "5 golden rings" is muffled and "It's a partridge in a pear tree" is repeated in between verses sometimes
    The Little Drummer Boy - rock version, sounds like the same band as above
    Rockin Around the Christmas Tree - rock beat, but the girl has a country-sounding voice
    Let It Snow - Girl singing, the main song is fast, but then after the main verse it goes into a really slow, funky rock "Let it snoooooooooooooooooow!" for a bit

Definitely going to post some more later.
  18. bugmenot1 said:

The following are all foreign versions, don't know necessarily what languages:
    Sleigh Ride
    "Paseo En Trineo" by Lucero
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X7x4EixJHU
  19. bugmenot1 said:

The following are all instrumentals:
    Deck the Halls (two different versions I believe. One of them is very popular and I hear it everywhere, not just Kohls)
    "Deck The Halls" by Mannheim Steamroller
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEHzYjuf5NA
  20. bugmenot1 said:

The following versions of songs:
    Let It Snow - Girl singing, the main song is fast, but then after the main verse it goes into a really slow, funky rock "Let it snoooooooooooooooooow!" for a bit
    "Let It Snow" by Luscious Jackson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VqV5r_MkRY