Fingers Crossed

Thread: Fingers Crossed

Tags: None

Driveway Fall said:

Default Fingers Crossed

This is a song I wrote about being far away from the person you love,hoping that that person feels the same about you and not being able to just leave everything to go and be with them...Personal experience!Please post your thoughts on the lyrics...

Will you dream of me tonight?
    Or slip into the deepest sleep
    My dreams are yours, all yours to keep
    I'll keep your picture undernearth my pillow

Every night I drive around trying to find a place for me
    But up ahead in my headlights I see that
    Home is wherever you may be

I'm counting every day and every word you're getting through
    Holding up my breath, I'm saving it for you

I'll keep my fingers crossed and hold on to the thought of the day
    That I'll follow my heart and find a way
    To get to you and leave this place

I'm counting every day and every word you're getting through
    Holding up my breath, I'm saving it for you

And when you fall asleep tonight
    I hope you'll hold your pillow tight
    Praying that soon I'll get it right
    Your picture's always underneath my pillow

And when I get there I know I'll find
    What I've been missing all my life
    For now I'll just have to dream about you
    Every night

Or slip into the deapest sleep
    Last edited by Driveway Fall; 07-11-2006 at 02:12 AM.

Sewn Up said:

I think you did a really good job. Everyone feels like this when they're away from the person they love, whether it be on a business trip, or they're on the road touring, or even across the town. The question of whether you're loved one is still holding out for you and waiting to see you again with the same intense affection that they had when you left their side goes through everyone's mind. Congratulations. You made an awesome song that we, the audience can relate to. To answer your question, yes I am more into the harder styles of music. I have nothing against softer things, I've just found that musicians in harder music put more emotion and heart into what they do and what they say.

Driveway Fall said:

Quote Originally Posted by Sewn Up
    I think you did a really good job. Everyone feels like this when they're away from the person they love, whether it be on a business trip, or they're on the road touring, or even across the town. The question of whether you're loved one is still holding out for you and waiting to see you again with the same intense affection that they had when you left their side goes through everyone's mind. Congratulations. You made an awesome song that we, the audience can relate to. To answer your question, yes I am more into the harder styles of music. I have nothing against softer things, I've just found that musicians in harder music put more emotion and heart into what they do and what they say.
    Thank you!I appreciate it!
    I think you're right about the harder styles being more emotional etc.(I really like 36 Crazy Fists),there are some softer bands who (I think) put a lot into what they do too though,my favorite being the Ataris!
    Thanks again!

Sewn Up said:

Holy crap! You know 36 Crazyfists?! My God, you're one of the few people I have come into some kinda contact with that knows who they are. The Ataris are pretty good.

Driveway Fall said:

Quote Originally Posted by Sewn Up
    Holy crap! You know 36 Crazyfists?! My God, you're one of the few people I have come into some kinda contact with that knows who they are. The Ataris are pretty good.
    Yeah!I dont own their cd's, but my drummer LOVES them and played me some of their stuff (Snow capped romance and their new album) and it was pretty awesome!The hardest stuff that I listen to is Atreyu,Finch etc...most emocore bands y'know?Nothing too heavy...