Mė shumė muzikė tė mirė shqiptare

Thread: Mė shumė muzikė tė mirė shqiptare

Tags: albania, balkan music, eduart dėma, folk music, shqipėri

feuersteve said:

Default Mė shumė muzikė tė mirė shqiptare

omeone could post lyrics and translations, I would appreciate it.

Nėse dikush mund tė postoni Lyrics dhe pėrkthimet, unė do tė ju falėnderoj.
    Gott zur Ehr, dem nächsten zur Wehr

What if they gave a fire and nobody came.

2. Balkaneuro said:

albanian traditional songs are the most difficult to translate because they are filled with too many symbols, analogies, metaphors and similes that will not make any sense in english unfortunately. hopefully when i have more time i can start tackling some of the translations posted by you and many others, or hopefully someone else can help you sooner. glad to see you are interested in albanian traditional music - it is beautiful!

3. Balkaneuro said:

(best of albanian music part 9 ) video

skifter etemi - mė martoj nėneja larg nė amerikė (my mother married me off far away to america)

mė martoj nėneja larg nė amerikė // my mother married me off far away to america //
    jas-aman aman, jas-aman ojijė // oh my, oh dear (the word 'aman' is used as "oh my" expression but this line doesn't really have another meaning)

sec ma dogji zemrėn, c'me kėputi shpirt // oh how she burned my heart, she ripped out my soul
    jas-aman aman, jas-aman ojijė

gjith ditėn mendohem si t'ja bėj se di, // all i wonder, how will i cope
    digjem pėrvėlohem, tretem si qiri // i burn and boil, i melt like a candle
    jas-aman aman, jas-aman, ojijė

seē i f'shiva lotėt me qosh tė shamisė // i dried my tears with the side of my handkerchief

malli ēmė ka marė, per pragun te stepise // i have missed the front door to my house so much

ta qova njė letėr njė fotografi // i brought you a letter and a photograph
    jas-aman aman, jas-aman oji

fshimi nėnė lotėt, lotėt por si shi // dry my tears mother, my tears that are like the rain
    jas-aman aman, jas-aman oji

feuersteve said:

Quote Originally Posted by Balkaneuro View Post
    albanian traditional songs are the most difficult to translate because they are filled with too many symbols, analogies, metaphors and similes that will not make any sense in english unfortunately. hopefully when i have more time i can start tackling some of the translations posted by you and many others, or hopefully someone else can help you sooner. glad to see you are interested in albanian traditional music - it is beautiful!
    Yes, I have been enjoying the music quite a bit lately. Because I folk dance, I also enjoy watching the dancing. I look forward to finding out the meaning of many of the songs.

I use Google Translate to try and figure out the titles, as well as some of the lyrics or comments in all the different languages.

One of the songs that I like is Kenge per Ali Kalin . I am wondering who he is besides a man who does tricks with horses.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08L9TGdbk6M

One of the other songs that I like is Merak qe s'me ike kurre
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuo1by0MpDk
    I found lyrics but is in the other dialect, so I can't translate it at all.

Ju faleminderit shumė pėr ndihmėn tuaj.
    Last edited by feuersteve; 03-02-2012 at 08:50 PM.
    Gott zur Ehr, dem nächsten zur Wehr

What if they gave a fire and nobody came.