Background music to youtube video

Thread: Background music to youtube video

Tags: None
  1. tepkel said:

Default Background music to youtube video

Can anyone help me identify the song and artist of the music in the background of this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQS0s-JWgMQ

It is driving me slightly crazy not knowing. Thanks.

2. Fence Sitter said:

I've been unable to locate the version totally inspired by "Everything is Alright" - Four Tet

Various comments, at this link and a couple of others, a few recognised the tune, but can not identify this version's artist.

Sadly the video's music credits are once again being fiercely guarded by the video creator. Their Vimeo channel doesn't seem to reveal much at all.

I can't wait, for the interest of saving power around the world, that video services like youtube REQUIRE the music credit or sample source in submitted video's with the exception of those which are trying to id a song, or just plainly don't know.

3. Th3Diplomat said:

The song is also used on NPR radio. A theme song for the segment 'On Point'

4. Fence Sitter said:

I believe the original is and an ogg sample is provided at wikipedia.

I've tried just about every search key I can think of to coax out a music sample which is "based" on "everything is alright" by Four Tet, so unless Four Tet's version was a cover, I'm stumped.

I would have thought that having a banjo, it would have been easy enough to find.

5. Th3Diplomat said:

Some say that four tet remixed his own song and made everything is alright (2)
    Last edited by Th3Diplomat; 12-25-2011 at 02:19 AM.

6. Fence Sitter said:

Likewise, I'd have expected something like that when the tune remains elusive - artists often have a few projects which just aren't quite complete, or rework a tune for a special purpose.

However, I am beginning to think it's more likely someone "was inspired" and used it to create a piece of "epic" stock music.

About one of the more informative pages I found about Four Tec, apart from wikipedia.

http://www.scaruffi.com/vol7/fridge.html

7. Th3Diplomat said:

Yep I went there before. They say there are a total of 6 different versions of Everything is alright. 5 'they' know. 1 is still unknown.

8. Fence Sitter said:

Tepkel, I noted you stated at another site, you tried to contact this mysterious Jimmy character. I'm wondering if you got a response, and if so, was Jimmy forthcoming as per the tune he used.

I am beginning to think that it isn't a remix of "Everything is Alright," as well, despite the similarities.

To listen, rather than add to the view count of someone who's being quiet on the music, the tune can be also heard below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtpIvvQRHMI

and a Mp3 at 192kb/s

Tepkel_unknownFoldMetal.mp3 - 4.39MB

9. tepkel said:

Quote Originally Posted by Fence Sitter View Post
    Tepkel, I noted you stated at another site, you tried to contact this mysterious Jimmy character. I'm wondering if you got a response, and if so, was Jimmy forthcoming as per the tune he used.
    I have yet to receive a response. I also PMed the youtube user, the line *All content authorized by Jimmy Hopper Jr* makes me think someone other than jimmy hopper is doing the editing and uploading. No response there either.

10. Fence Sitter said:

A shame, no response, but I'm hardly surprised. The uploader adrmartinez1 seems happy enough to share the music content when he can, looking at comments for other clips he's submitted.

Maybe someone else is actually doing it for Jimmy - Well I saw Jimmy has a video editing company listed as "friends" so yeah, likewise that seemed like a plausible reason he might not know, but then I found another site he was part of, that specifically was (reading between the lines) tired of people asking "what song is it" and were aiming to move towards using local talent. I'm not sure if they also wanted the sole rights but .... I'm guessing the response they then would offer, would be a non specific one to the great number of requests for the music.

Searching for different banjo, dulcimer, mandolin types of music, seems to quickly land back to (mostly) a bunch of same sounding artists and groups. In all to date, I have only found one decent page a couple of weeks ago that listed a number of "modern" songs that featured banjo(s), even though it was lacking some notable tunes. No luck there though.

11. Fence Sitter said:

I though I might bump this thread to give it another airing.

I've uploaded the same mp3 again - so one doesn't have to go to youtube. [4497 KB mp3 192 kbps]

Tepkel_unknownFoldMetal.mp3

12. tepkel said:

Found it. It's "Hands In" by Patrick Lee off of the album "Owl & a Suit Tree With Lemons"

Only took me a couple years...

13. Fence Sitter said:

Fantastic! Awesome!

I hadn't stopped trying - every couple of months I'd hear an artist who might have released the song, and waste another night searching.

:lol: Oh and I see you've left comments over at the original youtube link - I will take some ... great satisfaction that "Jimmy Hopper the melophobe" little secret is out. I, a couple of months ago, noted he left a comment there, but was still tight lipped what the song was.