I know this is a long shot, but I've been going crazy over trying to figure out what band sings this song that I heard twice in the Forever 21 in Myeongdong in Seoul. (The soundtrack is all English music and they play Robyn and Beyonce, so it's definitely an English-speaking group- probably Canadian or US.) I'm pretty sure the soundtrack playing in the store is the same as all other store locations. Heard it about two months ago and then about a month ago.
The song sounds like a modern take on twee pop and has a really catchy melody and a female singer. Tried listening to the lyrics and searching for them in the store twice but could only make out bits and pieces, and nothing was specific enough to stand out. Lots of nature/flower imagery, I think. I am pretty sure the bridge included "sleeping under the falling fruit" (maybe 'roof') and there was something about "birds and bees" and "everyone and everything is..." (this was the chorus, and faster than the rest; like fast talking.) The beginning of the chorus sounded like "whoooo are you?" sung twice (or maybe "where are you.")
I've even searched through various lists of the best female-sung songs of the year and new female-fronted bands and simply cannot find this song/band. I know they must be pretty popular to be on a Forever 21 soundtrack, but they are really eluding me. I haven't heard of them before although they're 'my type' so I think they must be an up-and-coming group.
If you know who sings this song, or even have a vague guess, PLEASE let me know! And if you know anyone who works at a Forever 21, please ask them- they've probably heard the same songs on repeat for month and should know what I'm talking about!
EDIT: I'm pretty sure it's a band, not a solo singer. Kind of fast-paced and happy. It's definitely not sad. Not acoustic.