Sentimental love song

Thread: Sentimental love song

Tags: None
  1. barb johnson said:

Question Sentimental love song

Can anyone help me find the name and lyrics to a song I only heard one time years ago. It was by sung by soneone like Perry Como or maybe Andy Williams. All I can remember is that it said something like "time turns the pages of the book of our lives". Or maybe it was something about time yellowing the pages of the book of our lives. Any help would be appreciated. I've hunted these lyrics for years. Thanks Barb

2. Sandy said:

Barb:

There's a beautiful song called Longer with similar lyrics in its last verse:

Longer

Longer than there've been fishes in the ocean
    Higher than any bird ever flew
    Longer than there've been stars up in the heavens
    I've been in love with you
    Stronger than any mountain cathedral
    Truer than any tree ever grew
    Deeper than any forest primeval
    I am in love with you

I'll bring fire in the winters
    You'll send showers in the springs
    We'll fly through the falls and summers
    With love on our wings

Through the years as the fire starts to mellow
    Burning lines in the book of our lives
    Though the binding cracks and the pages start to yellow
    I'll be in love with you
    I'll be in love with you
    Repeat First Verse
    I am in love with you

It's sung by Dan Fogelberg. You might wish to check his website at http://www.danfogelberg.com/index.html

Sandy

3. barb johnson said:

Sandy, thanks so much for your try but thats not the song I'm looking for. I do love Dan Fogelberg though but I never realized that those were the lyrics in that song. Thanks so much anyway. Barb

4. labrujadeslp said:

i recall a song titled, MEMORIES, but for the life of me can't recall who actually sang it. originally that is.

Elvis Presley did a rendition of it, on one of his specials. maybe you'd havesome luck starting there.