Amal Hijazi - B3younak Z3al - dialect?

Thread: Amal Hijazi - B3younak Z3al - dialect?

Tags: None
  1. 1inamillion1 said:

Default Amal Hijazi - B3younak Z3al - dialect?

Hey guys, to be honest these lyrics don't sound exactly right to me but anyway I could be wrong...
    I was wondering what dialect this song is in, because I have never heard anything it before :-\
    I asked a friend and he said it's Iraqi Bedouin, but I was surprised by this especially because she says قلبك and pronounces it like "2albak" and not "qalbak" or "galbak" as in most Iraqi dialects. Also, she pronounces ثاني like "thani" but ازا like "eza" which I assume was supposed to be اذا etha.
    Somehow despite this I understand basically almost the whole song but anybody who would like to help with the translation would be greatly appreciated, as well as info on this dialect!

بعيونك زعل محيرني ليلة بتسافر زعلان
    مايعجبني تخبي علي تضحكلي وقلبك حيران
    حتى ازا عتبك بيجرحي صارحني حبيبي وريحني
    وحيات عيونك ياعيوني انت الزيت والسلطان
    ودعتك وانا عيني تتقلي اتحداك الليلة تنام
    تسافر وبحيره اتخليني احس الدمع بطرف عيني
    سفر وزعل والم غيابك اضعف من اضعف انسان
    خد بالك وانته ع حالك كلمني وطمني عليك
    يمكن تهدا وتصارحني عن السر الهم اللي فيك
    يمكن وهم وغيره وهفوه وتعود احلى بالضحكه الاولى
    وتعد من الواحد للثاني مانعرف ماهو الغلطان
    ودعتك وانا عنيني تقلي اتحداك الليلة تنام
    تسافر وبحيره اتخليني احس الدمع بطرف عيني
    سفر وزعل والم غيابك اضعف من اضعف انسان

2. 1inamillion1 said:

Ok I just listened to it whilst reading and there's even sections of the song missing from these lyrics...but they're the best I can find :-(

3. CZAREK2581 said:

I didn't listen it till now ,but there are actually three dialects where letter "qaf" is pronounaced as "hamza"

Egyptian,Syrian&Lebanese.

This song is in Lebanese dialect in my opinion

4. 1inamillion1 said:

Yeah the name sounds Lebanese I know, but it's definitely not a Lebanese song (I know all those 3 quite well and I asked an Egyptian and a Lebanese friend to make sure)...I'm leaning towards a Bedouin dialect but not sure which

5. CZAREK2581 said:

Quote Originally Posted by 1inamillion1 View Post
    Yeah the name sounds Lebanese I know, but it's definitely not a Lebanese song (I know all those 3 quite well and I asked an Egyptian and a Lebanese friend to make sure)...I'm leaning towards a Bedouin dialect but not sure which
    Bedouin???Where did u get this from?Bedouins pronouance letter ق like "g" ,so I am 100% sure it is not Bedouine dialect(and listen pronouncation
    it is very normal i would say its sounds Lebanese.Ask your friend to listen this song again.My guess 99% Lebanese

6. 1inamillion1 said:

I got it from my Lebanese friend in Beirut who told me that on the radio they said it...
    It's definitely not Lebanese, there are many Words in here which are not Lebanese unless it's a Bedouin dialect or somewhere very far from the Beiruti dialect...I know that Bedouins use the "g" but Lebanese definitely don't say "thani" or "kalemni"...there are Just so many things in here (as well as the accent being different) which are different to Lebanese...unless its Lebanese from somewhere outside of Beirut and very different
    My Egyptian friend had no idea what it was...anyway hopefully an expert can give a definite answer!

7. CZAREK2581 said:

I got it from my Lebanese friend in Beirut who told me that on the radio they said it...
    It's definitely not Lebanese, there are many Words in here which are not Lebanese unless it's a Bedouin dialect or somewhere very far from the Beiruti dialect...I know that Bedouins use the "g" but Lebanese definitely don't say "thani" or "kalemni"...there are Just so many things in here (as well as the accent being different) which are different to Lebanese...unless its Lebanese from somewhere outside of Beirut and very different
    My Egyptian friend had no idea what it was...anyway hopefully an expert can give a definite answer!
    Well everything depends on the region as far as i know in Lebanon they are at least 5 different dialects
    For sure Beiruti accent is be a bit different than spoken in Tripoli or in Baalbek -so it is really difficult to guess
    Does it make a big difference for you to know if it is Druze dialect(which is spoken in Mount of Lebanon) or Zgharta dialect (which
    is spoken in North of Lebanon)?

8. 1inamillion1 said:

Well firstly, I really don't think it's a Lebanese dialect at all anyway...my Egyptian and Lebanese friends confirmed this...plus I just asked my Jordanian friend too and he also said it's not Lebanese. So unless it's a very very obscure dialect from Lebanon, then all three of them are wrong...
    I'm open to someone telling me that all of them and I myself am wrong, as long as they can really listen to it and confirm the place that this is spoken in...

I really appreciate your help! :-)
    But it really doesn't seem Lebanese to me or any of my native speaker friends so...I guess I'm looking for someone who natively speaks this dialect to confirm it!

But more importantly, it actually does make a big difference to me...I'm really interested in the differences between all these small dialects because I study Linguistic Anthropology!

:-)

9. 1inamillion1 said:

By the way, this is a link to the song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIBT5DQ5WYo

10. 1inamillion1 said:

Oh! I've just found an article online where she says that it's an Iraqi song in the "white" dialect...

"Mawtani: What about your collaboration with songwriter Karim al-Iraqi?

Amal: I loved his lyrics so much ever since he wrote for Kazem el-Saher. Listening to the song "Beyounk Zaal," composed by Samir Sfeir, I found it wonderful in terms of words and melody. The dialect in which I perform it is known as the white dialect.

Mawtani: Can you perform in the Iraqi style?

Amal: Why not? I have no problem performing in any dialect. If I am presented with an Iraqi song, I have no objection to singing it."

http://www.mawtani.com/cocoon/iii/xh.../03/feature-05

11. CZAREK2581 said:

Well firstly, I really don't think it's a Lebanese dialect at all anyway...my Egyptian and Lebanese friends confirmed this...plus I just asked my Jordanian friend too and he also said it's not Lebanese. So unless it's a very very obscure dialect from Lebanon, then all three of them are wrong...
    I'm open to someone telling me that all of them and I myself am wrong, as long as they can really listen to it and confirm the place that this is spoken in...

I really appreciate your help! :-)
    But it really doesn't seem Lebanese to me or any of my native speaker friends so...I guess I'm looking for someone who natively speaks this dialect to confirm it!

But more importantly, it actually does make a big difference to me...I'm really interested in the differences between all these small dialects because I study Linguistic Anthropology!

:-)

Ok so now i get the point(you should start from it"I study Linguistic Anthropology".
    I am also curious what type of dialect is it,then.
    Hope someone can shed some light on it

marjo1988 said:

can someone translate this song thanks in advance

natan said:

*************My Soul is Kurd************