Karen Wyman

Thread: Karen Wyman

Tags: None
  1. qdogpr said:

Default Karen Wyman

Hi,

Don't know the artis but know a couple of things about this song. It was part of an Albumn by Columbia the lady was a young opera singer who gave easy listening music a try on the 70's. She was verry beautiful and one of the song in that albumn was "Beautiful". song that Carol King made famous. But back to the song your looking for witch am also trying to get the artist name. One thing happened to me that made me stop looking for it for a long time untill I ran into your e-mail. I was dating this girl and one day I was writing the words to this song 'cause I had the albumn back in Puerto Rico in the early 1970's and for some reason I left it on the counter on her house..... mistake........ She took it as a letter for me to split our relationship. Till this day I think of this song and bring back memories of that same ...... mistake. Well, I was woundering if you ever find out who was the actual singer. If you did can you share this info with me. It will make this .... mistake a lot veareble. Thanks.
  2. Claybricks said:

Quote Originally Posted by montanashotgun View Post
    this song is probably from the 60's - 70's, female lead singer

words as follows:

I hung around all day, couldn’t find a thing to do
    Wondering what to say cuz soon I’ve got to tell you
    We’re just not gonna make it baby, but I don’t know how to break it to you

Let me go, it’s over now, I didn’t want to hurt you, but what else can I do
    Let me go it’s over, let me go, it’s over
    Everything changes and baby I’ve changed too

It doesn’t move me now, when you kiss and hold me near
    And when I talk to you, it seems like you never hear
    All the love that we had is dying and I just can’t keep on lying to you

Let me go, it’s over now, I didn’t want to hurt you, but what else can I do
    Let me go it’s over, let me go, it’s over
    Everything changes and baby I’ve changed too
    ???

Joanne Jonas - Let Me Go (It's Over Now) {1973}

http://www.discogs.com/Joanne-Jonas-...elease/2118101

Wendy Gell co-wrote "Let Me Go (It's Over Now)" Wendy also released 'Beautiful' on a 45 single on Columbia Records

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymtgsm_sOP8

http://www.discogs.com/Karen-Wyman-B...elease/2890727

Notes: Joanne was an original cast member of "Godspell" This song was released as a 45 single in the early 70's. There does not appear to be any lyrics or song clips to confirm this information but it sure looks like the correct song!

Dan
    Last edited by Claybricks; 01-30-2012 at 07:36 AM.
  3. qdogpr said:

Hi,

I got it!!!!!!! Her name was Karen Wyman a 15 year old that sang like an angel. But there is no record of the song we are talking about. She is in utube singing If we only have love and sometimes I wonder why I stay with you. It gives you an idea of her voice capabilities. enjoy it.