Here goes:

Around 1994 I heard a real smooth Rap Song played on the Paris Radio Station named "Radio Nova". The program was being aired on KCRW in Santa Monica, CA.

It could've been 1993 or 1995 - I was living at this specific location when it aired, right around the time the Northridge Earthquake hit Southern California.

It was an english-speaking rapper who could've been black or spanish, with a medium tempo rap style (very minor cussing, if any). The rapper was not a big star to my knowledge, but I heard the song twice, I believe.

I vaguely remember the song being about the singer chasing a girl, whom he finally lands, but she starts to mess up somehow.

The only lyrics I remember is (the hook, I believe): "Don't do it, baby don't waste my time...".

For the life of me, I can't recall any other lyrics to the song.

Another thing I remember about the show in which the rap song was played was the DJ played some "mini" skit in which a man's answering machine picks up and asks the caller to leave a message. The Ohio Player's "Funky Worm" is playing under his message. Once the answering machine picks up, a girl leaves a message for the guy expressing how messed up he is.

The skit was hilarious. I remember wanting both the rap song and this skit.

Thought I would've tracked the song down after all these years, but you know the deal....

Any ideas what the song and/or skit is?

Thanks in advance.