Frankie's poems / prose / personal proverbs

Thread: Frankie's poems / prose / personal proverbs

Tags: None
  1. mexico62 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Jasmine View Post
    @Doug: Yeh. It's just around the corner, on the shady side of the street.

@Mexico62: Here is the other thread I wanted to find for you. It was started before I joined ATL, but I love this thread. Have you already seen it?

ENGLISH IDIOMS & PHRASES:

http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/le...d-phrases.html

If I think of others, I will post them on this thread.
    Hi, F. J., I haven´t been there before, but let me tell you one million thanks, both threads are so awesome, so I will be a fan of both of them, thanks again and please continue your great work, I just asked a friend if turkish and arabic are similar, hope is affirmative, so you can easily learn some arabic and I could try to learn some turkish, I´ll tell you when I have the answer.

2. mexico62 said:

Hi F. J. Thanks for your sweet and warmth words, and thanks for your friendship, I visited the lonesome corner and I liked it a lot, I asked Layla for the lyrics of "Kalp Kalbe" turkish song, I liked the sound but dind´t undestand a word.
    And we will wait for you to post "Lonesome" you are a number one and I know that we will enjoy it more, take your time and do as until now, ¡excellent work!.
    And thanks for the other link, I´m improving my english with all these idiomatic phrases and sayings.

Frankie Jasmine said:

Mexico52, we are each others' supporters now, aren't we? That's a great thing! You are welcome for all. As a matter of fact I have another thread for you--I just discovered it last night. I "rejuvenated" the thread with a song to be translated . . . Hmmmmm, will you be the one to translate it for us? Or one of your friends?? The first song is sung by non-English singers, so that is a little misleading to the listener, which our beloved Dragonfly realized after posting it. I posted a new song on #5 by an American singer. Here it is:

http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/le...tml#post959170

P.S. "Lonesome" description is already posted.
    P.P.S. At one time I was slowly learning Turkish. At this time I am not actively learning it; it's so complex for me. But I love everything about it. Many Turkish singers sing directly to my heart, translations not even necessary . . . (I am also partial to Cristian Castro, and I don't understand the meaning of his words either; but he speaks the language of the heart too.)
    Last edited by Frankie Jasmine; 07-12-2012 at 09:49 PM.

Doug Denslowe said:

Just as long it's out of Shadow Heat!The shady side of the street,or did you mean that kind of "shady"?!?!

5. mexico62 said:

Hi F. J., of course we help and support each other, that´s why we are here and in this world, I have just visited the thread of dragonfly and I will try to hear and participate with you, that will help me too in order to upgrade my english. As soon as I can will hear the song (by Norah Jones), cause now is too noisy here (you know, the children playing around).

Thanks for posting "Lonesome" I´ll go now to look for it.

Our friends at the learn arab with maviii, just told me that there are a lot of similarities between, arabic and turkish, hope you can hear some arab music and maybe try to continue learning turkish and hopefully arabic, hebrew, french, spanish, and most languages, to communicate with all our friends around the world.

I Think that Cristian Castro have a nice voice and his songs have a lot of meaning, as Marco Antonio Solís, hope you can read the translations of their songs, some songs are real poems with music. Thank you very much.

Frankie Jasmine said:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    Just as long it's out of Shadow Heat!The shady side of the street,or did you mean that kind of "shady"?!?!
    "Shady" having several meanings (to be discussed on a different thread) . . . Doug, take your pick! I don't know where the Heartbreak Hotel is!

Doug Denslowe said:

On the corner of Lonesome and Heartbreak.I think that's what Elvis told me,but I'd have to look it up.Maybe you can Google it.

Frankie Jasmine said:

I think it's time I write another poem. :S :l

Doug Denslowe said:

The world is waiting for your new poem!When will you preview it for your fans?

Frankie Jasmine said:

Default From the Long Lost Vault of Frankie Jasmine

. . .

Dear ATL friends,

The Treasure of the Lost Ark of Frankie Jasmine's Poetry, beginning with adolescence has been unearthed!
    Two out of the first three might require Little Footnotes! . . . Please allow me to start this **ahem!** poetic history at approximately:

AGE 13

LITTLE FRANKIE'S LIMERICKS (Un-Named)

Limerick #1*

There was a TV actor from the Nile
    Who decided to walk for awhile.
    He hated to smoke
    And his sponsors got choked
    When he walked a Camel for a mile!
    ____
    * "CAMELS" were a brand of cigarettes. Their advertising line was a man saying gleefully, "I'd walk a mile for a Camel!"

[Yuk!yuk! I was only 13--give me a break! Get ready, the next two are even worse!]

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Limerick #2

There was a young man from Kaintuck
    [Kentucky]
    Whose fortune just seemed to be luck.
    He had a girl dear*
    And he started to cheer
    When he traded his doe** for a buck!***

____
    * homonym = deer
    ** doe = a female deer
    *** buck = one dollar OR a large male deer

[OK, OK, politically incorrect all around. Remember my age at the time. Forget the decade! It was a decade when 'politically correct!' was what the teacher said as s/he checked off the right spelling of the word: 'politically' on the chalkboard.]

Limerick #3

Miss Pat, residing in Gotham,
    Got her pants filled with rocks, and it got 'em:
    Her boyfriend schemed,
    And Miss Pat got steamed
    When he swung & he hit 'rock bottom'!*

_____

*'Rock bottom' = as "low" as you can go, like a druggie just before rehab.

"That's All [the Limericks] Folks!"

Frankie Jasmine said:

Default Age 13

. . .

BOUND TO NULLITY

A blinding white flash pierces the ladened, gray night;
    Does it not tear at the soul of one--
    Right is wrong, and
    Wrong is right?

Can one suggest perfection infinitely
    And yet--
    Commit a transgression
    And not feel remorseful,
    Even quickly to forget?

Is it then possible to cover the ugliness
    With an albificative?*
    NO. Inanimateness is imperative,
    None may live.

Frankie Jasmine
    Age 13

_____

Q:
    What words from “Bound to Nullity” were not in your vocabulary at the time it was written?

A: Ladened; albificative; inanimateness, nullity. To adequately express myself, I used a Thesaurus. I sought a better word for “whitewash;” albificative means something similar. However (to my adult knowledge) it is probably incorrectly used. And the adult me realizes “whitewash” is a far better word! Changing a word (to sound less obscure or better or more “believable”) would require re-writing part of the poem. To even change a word (for me) would be a betrayal to my child self. This explanation addresses any skepticism about my vocabulary at age 13 and sets the record straight.
    Last edited by Frankie Jasmine; 09-22-2012 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Explanatory background

Doug Denslowe said:

You know,THESE RHYME!!!!!For me,dats half the battle!Would I be insulting you,if I said,"you had more confidence in your Poetry at this age!!!"??I mean it as a compliment!When did young Frankie turn into "doubting Frankie"?Seriously,no worries about being PC,just straight ahead,good ole fashion,great little Limericks,with no apologizes, just the way I Likes it!Thanks for sharing,I WILL be looking forward to ages 14---??I love looking back,especially on people I care about!P.S.I remember a guitar player told me I'd "stolen"the line "For your kisses I'd walk a mile"( From:Me Me Mine)Well,maybe I did,maybe I didn't........I'll never tell!

Frankie Jasmine said:

Default Age 13

. . .

THE CRIMSON FIST OF "THEY"

A nigrine and ashen aura
    Grips the hell-inflamed realm of "They."
    Neither you nor I, nor man nor beast
    Can birr the leviathon to retreat.
    Withheld by an obduracy,
    Cancerous plagued,
    Transgressor unrepenting.
    A mass of "They" contrived as One;
    The aberration sinking . . .
    Smothering, gasping, suffocating,
    Unconscious pang of "They."

Birth to deviation--
    Now power to unleash!
    Free! Shed of dawn's first ray.
    Gold of sun, blue of sky, white of dove--
    Peace!
    A time, an era, a place, and "They;"
    Now forgive . . .
    Cannot lose, can't grasp victory--
    Alpha and Omega.

Frankie Jasmine
    Age 13

_______

Q:
    Why does “Crimson Fist of They” have such unusual words, not usually used by a 13-yr-old?

A: Miserable at age 13, I was seeking correct words to describe my feelings and experiences. “Black” or “dark” did not accurately describe the situation. So, I used a Thesaurus. When I found the precise word describing what I meant, I used it: nigrine. Nigrine was not already in my vocabulary. The writing of “The Crimson Fist of They” and “Bound to Nullity” (both written around the same time period) was so important to me . . . that to this day I remember exactly which words I “discovered” from the Thesaurus. The new words were: nigrine; birr; obduracy; aberration. I prefer these “ancient” poems to remain as they were originally written. So, even the word “birr” remains (although as a mature adult I now comprehend the word is highly obscure! It meant something like ”to poke or prod with a very sharp instrument or weapon.”) Please note: The words “leviathan” and “Alpha and Omega” were already in my vocabulary from Bible reading. . . . I do not recall using a Thesaurus for any of my other poems.
    Last edited by Frankie Jasmine; 09-22-2012 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Explanatory background

Frankie Jasmine said:

Default Age 14

. . .

THE LESSON

What is Love that some forgot?
    Eyes that speak when tongues cannot.
    Minds that know, but never heard;
    The soul wants of silence, not of words.

Not--"Can this be real?
    Shall I follow my heart?"
    But--"Are we together
    Even though we're apart?"

Love means "together,"
    And together you dwell,
    Should you be in heaven
    And he be in hell.

Not just for the moment,
    but for future and past--
    This is the test.
    Shall it end--or last?
    Once you have found Love
    Be sure that you know,
    Then keep it, or share it,
    But never let it go.

Frankie Jasmine
    Age 14

Doug Denslowe said:

Love,Love,Love the Lesson!Wow,good work!Since I'm not an agist,I don't give any "slack"for how old someone is!This is just good,Period!

Frankie Jasmine said:

Default Age 14

. . .

UNSPOKEN

I try to tell you
    What my heart seems to say.
    And yet it never fails
    That day after day
    Though the words are present,
    I cannot speak.
    Then my eyes long to cry;
    Yours wonderingly seek.

These lines from my heart
    (That are almost said)
    Upon reaching my lips
    Are all then dead.
    Over and over
    I strive to tell you
    Of my Life and Love
    That since yesterday grew.

The words unsaid
    Continue to stay--
    They're there forever;
    And always, I pray,
    Though someday
    When my heart you have read,
    The words that you know,
    Are still left unsaid.

Frankie Jasmine
    Age 14

Doug Denslowe said:

I know you're going to get allot of positive feedback from these poems!Bravo!Another great,rhyming,thought provoking,"batch of words"!(I didn't want to overuse" Poem")

18. mexico62 said:

Hi F. J. I must tell you that you are a wonderful writer and teacher, and everytime I read something from you I learn a lot. Now I comment about your limericks, I had no idea about this word, but I searched in a dictionary and found that is a five-lined humorous poem. You were great since you were 13!. And thanks for commenting the special words for us, that let us understand and enjoy properly this magnificent poems. Gracias amiga.

Frankie Jasmine said:

Thank you all! And yes, amigo Mexico, it is a 5-lined poem AND supposed to be with a specific number of syllables. However I don't recall the number, just the "pattern" (which I sometimes break!)...

So let's see . . .

SSSSSSSS
    SSSSSSSS
    SSSSS
    SSSSS
    SSSSSSSS

. . . that's

. . . but I never thought about it in numbers before! I learned limericks so young that I learned them by pattern of spoken limericks.

Teshka said:

Frankiiiiieee............now i find myself trying to imagine you at age 13 and 14...forgive me for saying this but it's the Pisces in me, empathizing and projecting, but in some kind of odd fashion i have always "enjoyed" doing that....but in this case it's bcs those 3 or 4 poems that i've read so far are amazingly good!! and still reading.....idk why i put off browsing this topic for so long...and starting with page 3, now i'll have to back up and see how all of this started
    Music is what feelings sound like
    Listen to the Love
    ~♥♥~