Frankie's poems / prose / personal proverbs

Thread: Frankie's poems / prose / personal proverbs

Tags: None

Frankie Jasmine said:

Doug, I couldn't ask for a finer critique. Hearing your praise and your "identifying" on the "inner-soul-like level" means a lot to me. And I love the "OH, LORD." It's perfect.

And to be honest, my ego kind of likes that you say you love it . . . but you don't know why! Somehow that means even more than if you said, "Oh, I perfectly understand this poem!" I have a feeling there may be one or two who actually DO KNOW WHY . . . therefore they might not like it as well as you!!! I know. It's a conundrum. But thank you from the bottom of my pulsating, blasting heart!!!

_ _ _ _

PS: I also enjoyed a response in "like fashion" to the poem!!!!

amaryn said:

last night

last night she came
    with a grin on her face
    kicked me with her elbows
    pushed me from my place
    I waited and thought
    let me watch the sky
    soon she'll be gone
    like a cloud passing by
    last night I remembered
    she shattered my brain
    she laughed to annoy me
    again and again
    I felt like a tiger
    living in a zoo
    walking backward and forward
    not having a clue
    last night heavy metal
    broke in through the wall
    no moments of silence
    no, nothing at all
    last night
    I let water flow over my skin
    a fool grabbing emptiness
    I just couldnot win

amaryn accompanied by Miss Insomnia

Frankie Jasmine said:

Amaryn, you need to post this separately to show it off as YOUR OWN poem in the Poetry section! It will be buried alive on my private poetry thread! :S Please post it on its own for anyone to see! I will comment there!

Doug Denslowe said:

Amaryn,
    This is fabulous,and it should have it's own Thread!If you keep writing,I'll keep reading!Deal?

amaryn said:

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Jasmine View Post
    Amaryn, you need to post this separately to show it off as YOUR OWN poem in the Poetry section! It will be buried alive on my private poetry thread! :S Please post it on its own for anyone to see! I will comment there!

Alright, Frankie& Doug, you talked me over, I'll open such a thread now Maybe insomnia made me put it here,lol

Frankie Jasmine said:

Quote Originally Posted by amaryn View Post
    Alright, Frankie& Doug, you talked me over, I'll open such a thread now Maybe insomnia made me put it here,lol
    Well, "Last Night" that is, Miss Insomnia, was seeking a place where she felt at home! Where else but at the thread where her mother Mrs. Insomnia instigates similarly-related poetry at ATL far across the ocean??

Frankie Jasmine said:

Default Amaryn's Poems - 2012

ANNOUNCEMENT: Our Mr. Amaryn has opened his 2012 Poetry thread, and the poem (above), "LAST NIGHT," is the first entry. Please visit amaryn's thread to comment and to watch for additional 2012 poems! I'll be there!

http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/po...tml#post969950
    Last edited by Frankie Jasmine; 10-04-2012 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Trying to get link to show amaryn's poem, but it keeps going to my post for some reason,

Frankie Jasmine said:

Default When The Flowers Fled

. . .

WHEN THE FLOWERS FLED

When the flowers fled
    The atmosphere shook.
    In place of color, texture, and scent,
    Were barbs protruding like hooks.

What was pretty,
    Was pretty no more.
    No velvet petals,
    Just my fingers pricked o’er and o’er
    By sharp, poisonous things—
    Not flowers’ protective
    Thorns, but something more
    Insidious that I looked upon
    With horror.

What?! No rose hips?
    No tight, new buds? Not one
    Sweet perfume to make my heart
    Come undone?
    Not one lovely color
    To grace my eyes;
    Not one silky touch
    To soothe my insides?

When the flowers fled
    All was abandoned, ‘cause not a
    Remnant dwelt of what was before.
    My heart ached for the
    Light of butterfly wings;
    But they’ll not touch down upon
    These ugly things.

When the flowers fled
    When the flowers fled
    I stood and shook my head,
    The flowers have fled.
    I stand
    And shake my head.

Frankie Jasmine
    10-05-2012
    Last edited by Frankie Jasmine; 10-06-2012 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Tweaking

MoonRide*r* said:

Really nice Frankie. Not "nice" coz I can project all manner of things into as I read and re-read. But that's the point, it gives my mind a really good workout. That wrap-around, "but something more insidious that I look upon with horror", I'd say that followed by "not one sweet perfume to make my heart come undone", really puts the heart into the whole thing. Brilliant
    There is no glamour in sudden death, and nobody ever wins a war.
    :
    Rockers Unite! =>
    ROCK 'n' Roll Halls of Fame

Doug Denslowe said:

Opening line;
    When the flowers fled
    I lost my head

Even though you use "head"in the last stanza,to me,it's still more organic than,"I knew no longer where to look"
    I'm not going to rave,I'll save that for Shawdow Heat,Empty and the ones I love to death.This is okay,but certainly not my favorite piece by you.See,people,you Can give feedback without "raving"about it!Looking forward to your next poem.Take your time!

Frankie Jasmine said:

Moon, thank you very much. I so thrive on feedback.

Do I understand your suggestion correctly? . . . That you suggest the poem would read better as follows?

Not even flowers’ protective
    Thorns, but something more
    Insidious that I look upon
    With horror.

Not one sweet perfume to make my heart
    Come undone
    ?

followed by:

What?! No rose hips?
    No tight new buds? Not one
    lovely color
    To grace my eyes;
    Not one silky touch
    To soothe my insides?

Do I understand correctly? If this is what you mean, I will consider your recommendation!
    Last edited by Frankie Jasmine; 10-06-2012 at 12:15 AM.

Frankie Jasmine said:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    Opening line;
    When the flowers fled
    I lost my head

Even though you use "head"in the last stanza,to me,it's still more organic than,"I knew no longer where to look"
    I'm not going to rave,I'll save that for Shawdow Heat,Empty and the ones I love to death.This is okay,but certainly not my favorite piece by you.See,people,you Can give feedback without "raving"about it!Looking forward to your next poem.Take your time!
    I am going to take what you've brought to my attention into serious consideration. Particularly the "I knew no longer where to look" line. Now that you mention it, it's a bit awkward. "Lost my head" doesn't appeal to me, sorry; but thanks for giving a recommendation (better a change given with a recommendation than without!). Still, I may rework this based upon your (correct) opinion, so as to make the poem sound more natural (organic!); and because the beginning must have "hook"--not be boring or unnecessary! Thank you so much! I count on this kind of help, Doug. We can't always see or feel the weaknesses in our own writings. You are brave enough to give them.

MoonRide*r* said:

Frankie, no I wasn't recommending any changes at all! I thought I was just quoting directly, except for just running it all together. Nope, don't change a thing! The way you wrote it the first time is just fine!
    There is no glamour in sudden death, and nobody ever wins a war.
    :
    Rockers Unite! =>
    ROCK 'n' Roll Halls of Fame

Doug Denslowe said:

You give the best critiques on this site,you deserve the best I can give.I'm a better writer than a critic,but I knows what I likes!

Frankie Jasmine said:

Thanks for clarifying, Moon! I take suggestions seriously, and I thought that's what you meant. But I do prefer the way it is now opposed to switching the lines! It flows better for me. But I did accept Doug's suggestion (of a line that I think was superfluous and boring).

Teshka said:

Doug i hope you can believe that i dont just "rave" when i comment on one of your songs but ofc i know why you said that

Frankie almost everything that you write affects me in some way and sometimes in a very profound way as this poem does. but if writing doesn't do that then we should all give up writing or singing. But this time i want to say that i think it just gets better and better and i love your poetry more and more each time. That's not just fluff or ear candy its my way of telling you to not let up!!
    Music is what feelings sound like
    Listen to the Love
    ~♥♥~

Doug Denslowe said:

You can Rave over one one my songs any old time you'd like!

Doug Denslowe said:

I think I'm starting to get it!When flowers fled,the beauty left!And to think,I'm a Flower Child,myself!Shame on me!
    When the flowers fled,the beauty bleed!I get it,I get it!

Frankie Jasmine said:

You are a humble man, Doug! I'm glad you "got" it!! ***warm fuzzies***

Frankie Jasmine said:

Quote Originally Posted by MoonRide*r* View Post
    Really nice Frankie. Not "nice" coz I can project all manner of things into as I read and re-read. But that's the point, it gives my mind a really good workout. That wrap-around, "but something more insidious that I look upon with horror", I'd say that followed by "not one sweet perfume to make my heart come undone", really puts the heart into the whole thing. Brilliant
    Moon, thanks so much. By saying "I can project all manner of things into as I read . . . " YOU GET IT! Anything from a individual's (even a child's) devastation to global devastation. I'm glad the poem took your mind to all those places, because whether personal or universal, we all "need never forget" lest it happen to someone else when we could have helped . . . or flares go up worldwide signalling earthwide disaster . . . we all need to pay attention . . . and do our best not to revisit such devastation again . . .

Thank you, Moon.