Chega de tanto exaltar essa tal de saudade
    Meu caboclo moreno, mulato, amuleto do nosso Brasil
    Olha, meu preto bonito
    Te quero, prometo
    Te gosto pra sempre
    Do samba-canção ao primeiro apito
    Do ano três mil

Louise Miranda said:

This one was hard, I didnt found translation for some words, but I tried my best ^^

Nem Ouro Nem Prata //Neither Gold nor Silver

Eu vi chover, eu vi relampejar //I've seen it raining, I saw lightning
    Mas mesmo assim o céu estava azul //but even so the sky was blue
    Samborê, pemba, folha de Jurema //Samborê, pemba, jurema leaves [1]
    Oxóssi reina de norte a sul //Oxóssi[2] reigns from north to south
    Sou brasileira, faceira, mestiça mulata //I'm a brazilian woman, pretty, mestiza, mulatta
    Não tenho ouro, nem prata //I dont have gold, nor silver [3]
    O samba que sangra do meu coração //The Samba that bleeds from my heart
    Tua menina de cor //Your black girl
    Pedaço de bom carinho //A piece of good affection
    Entrei no teu passo //I got into your rhythm
    Malandra não sou //Im not a 'rascal'
    Como a tal Conceição //such as Conceição
    Chega de tanto exaltar essa tal de saudade //It's enough of exalting the 'saudade'
    Meu caboclo moreno, mulato, amuleto do nosso Brasil //my dark caboclo, mulatto, charm of our Brazil
    Olha, meu preto bonito //Look, my beautiful black guy
    Te quero, prometo //I want you, I promess
    Te gosto pra sempre //I'll like you forever
    Do samba-canção ao primeiro apito //from the samba-canção[4] to the first whistle
    Do ano três mil //of the year three thousand

[1]There isnt english translation for those words; They refer to many aspects of this brazilian religion called Umbanda, check out on google for more information or wikipedia>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umbanda ;

I was checking out on google, and I have seen this words “ Samborê, pemba, folha de Jurema/Oxóssi reina de norte a sul ” many times, on websites about Umbanda, and as far as I could realize, it seems to be a part of a 'prayer', or 'invocation' used in the ceremonies of this religion;
    I didn't get what Samborê means;
    The Pemba is an object present in older African rituals; It is used in all rituals, ceremonies, parties, meetings or African ceremonies. Mediums and Spiritual Entities that operate in the center of Umbanda usually draw points scratched with chalk, limestone, known as "Pemba". This mineral chalk is used to scratch points, and can also be transformed into a powder and used for other purposes, such as in 'cleaning' and protection rituals. (I've found this explanation here> http://terradearuanda.blogspot.com/2...a-umbanda.html )
    Jurema is a plant, whose cientifical name is Mimosa hostilis; to be honest i dont know why it is so cited in prayers and songs of the Umbanda cerimonies, i guess that is because they use jurema leaves on their rituals?!;

[2] Oxóssi = entity of the Umbanda Check out on wikipedia>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxossi

[3] The original lyric was “Não tem ouro, nem prata //There isnt gold, nor silver”, but I think that it was written wrongly, instead of 'tem' it must be 'tenho' (at least it makes more sense to me.)

[4] Samba-canção = melodic type of samba with very sentimental lyrics.

Last edited by Louise Miranda; 03-02-2012 at 05:43 AM.