"The Greatest Love" or "Your Other Love"

Thread: "The Greatest Love" or "Your Other Love"

Tags: None
  1. Dana Kelly said:

Wink "The Greatest Love" or "Your Other Love"

Hello...this song is from my girlhood, sixties I think, and I'm umable to get a hit on these titles or any artist I thought might have recorded the song (I thought it was Billy Joe Royal)

Can remember most of the lyrics...here goes

Your other love, he's got the power, to entertain you each and every hour of the day and night

Your other love, dances and sings and swings, and does all the pretty little things where the lights are bright

He's got money, he's got charm, and when you're walking arm in arm, it hurts me so....
    But I'll let you go

And it's not easy, heaven knows I've tried, to wish the best for you, put myself aside

It takes the greatest love that you'll ever find, to let you walk away, leaving me behind

And that's the greatest love......

A really beautiful song, hope someone out there remembers the artist and rest of the words....thanks

shirooto said:

Dana, girl:

You are talking about Hugo Montenegro's Song "The Greatest Love." Here it is:

You have a love that buys you pretty clothes
    And all the fine things heaven only knows that I wish I could
    You have a love that dances and sings,
    Swings, says all the pretty things that a playboy should

Mmmm, he's got money he's got charms
    and when you’re walking on and on
    It hurts me so, but I just want you to know

It's not easy, heaven knows I try
    to wish the best to you and push myself aside
    Well it takes the greatest love that you’ll ever find
    to let you walk away, leaving me behind
    And that's the greatest love, yes it is

You have a love, he's got the power
    to do anything each and every hour of the day and night
    You have a love, he's got the ways and means
    to show you all the wild scenes when the lights are bright

Mmm love should never possess
    so don't you cry and be depressed
    You’re free to go, but I just want you to know

It's not easy, heaven knows I try
    to wish the best to you and push myself aside
    Well it takes the greatest love that you’ll ever find
    to let you walk away leaving me behind
    And that's the greatest love... (yes it is)

3. Mike Cross said:

I thought it was written by Dorsey Burnette. Aaron Neville does it on one of his CD's and does a great job.

logan01 said:

Song: The Greatest Love
    Artist: Hugo Montenegro
    Originally written by: Joe South
    Language: English
    First release: On audio album Moog Power (1969) (Hugo Montenegro)

Joe South wrote and recorded this song in 1968. The album title was Introspect.

5. eduardrosar said:

Default The greatest love

I don't speak English very well, and that's why (some 10 years ago) I asked the lyrics to a lady who is (was) president of a Billy's fan club. In the message in which she sent me the lyrics, she told me that SHE HADN'T LISTENED THIS SONG BEFORE, and that she was amazed that it wasn't a hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Kelly View Post
    Hello...this song is from my girlhood, sixties I think, and I'm umable to get a hit on these titles or any artist I thought might have recorded the song (I thought it was Billy Joe Royal)

Can remember most of the lyrics...here goes

Your other love, he's got the power, to entertain you each and every hour of the day and night

Your other love, dances and sings and swings, and does all the pretty little things where the lights are bright

He's got money, he's got charm, and when you're walking arm in arm, it hurts me so....
    But I'll let you go

And it's not easy, heaven knows I've tried, to wish the best for you, put myself aside

It takes the greatest love that you'll ever find, to let you walk away, leaving me behind

And that's the greatest love......

A really beautiful song, hope someone out there remembers the artist and rest of the words....thanks