i work at h&m too.

Thread: i work at h&m too.

Tags: None
  1. 22ynl said:

Default i work at h&m too.

i work at h&m too. the ones i remember off the top of my head from recently are-

santogold - les artistes, lights out, say aha, you'll find a way
    last shadow puppets - standing next to me, the age of understatement, my mistakes were made for you
    jay z- roc boys
    black kids - teach your boyfriend, hurricane jane, look at me
    mystery jets - two doors down
    britney spears - womanizer
    vanessa hudgens - come back to me
    mitchell brothers - michael jackson
    mgmt - time to pretend, electric feel, kids
    kanye west - flashing lights, love lockdown
    little jackie - one love
    sara bareilles - city, fairytale (seems like i hear this one 10 times a day)
    katy perry - waking up in vegas, hot n cold
    kings of leon - the bucket
    the killers - human
    lykke li - little bit
    jason mraz - i'm yours
    weezer - pork and beans

and the old favourite...
    el chombo - chacarron macarron
    Last edited by 22ynl; 01-01-2009 at 11:05 AM.
  2. lisaaharper said:

I was in one of the NYC H&M's on Jan 15th, 2009 around Noon. I heard an awesome funky house song that sounded just like Lisa Shaw's music, but I've searched all over the internet and can't find it. The chorus goes like this...

Don't give up on us baby
    Then take it on your own
    Don't walk away baby
    Then walk out all alone

Please help me find this song! Does it sound familiar to anyone? I've searched high and low. I also searched the H&M Playlists on Lastfm.com, but the list is so short since it was a month ago.
  3. Trajilla said:

Quote Originally Posted by lisaaharper View Post
    I was in one of the NYC H&M's on Jan 15th, 2009 around Noon. I heard an awesome funky house song that sounded just like Lisa Shaw's music, but I've searched all over the internet and can't find it. The chorus goes like this...

Don't give up on us baby
    Then take it on your own
    Don't walk away baby
    Then walk out all alone

Please help me find this song! Does it sound familiar to anyone? I've searched high and low. I also searched the H&M Playlists on Lastfm.com, but the list is so short since it was a month ago.
    I think that's the song I heard!! It was a woman talking reminded me of David Bowie. Does anyone know of the songs played around that time? Electronic music? Thanks.
  4. 22ynl said:

Quote Originally Posted by Trajilla View Post
    I think that's the song I heard!! It was a woman talking reminded me of David Bowie. Does anyone know of the songs played around that time? Electronic music? Thanks.
    I heard the song while i was reading this post on my lunch at work today, bit of a coincedence!
    But yeah i couldn't get into the office to check who/what it was. Will find out next time i hear it which will probably be tomorrow since we play the same stuff alllll the time.
  5. CdnCuz said:

Smile

Hi! I'm new to this forum.

I came across this forum as I was using Google to search for the same song you are looking for. I finally found the song! It's called 'Walk Away Alone' by Home & Garden feat. Lisa Shaw!!! It took me FOREVER to find it. I love this song too, and I always start dancing when it plays at work (I work at H&M too!).

Thanks so much for the hint about Lisa Shaw. That helped me a lot in terms of narrowing the search down.

I hope my reply wasn't too late...

Quote Originally Posted by lisaaharper View Post

Don't give up on us baby
    Then take it on your own
    Don't walk away baby
    Then walk out all alone

6. Nesstalgia said:

"Tristesse/Joie" by Yelle is one song that I've heard played in H&M. Our H&M also plays a lot of Client.

Other groups/singers (not sure if any of them are played at H&M) that sound like they could be H&M music are:

Bassboosa
    Blue Foundation
    David Ash - "Fever"
    Erin McKeown
    Fans of Jimmy Century - "Hot Sahara"
    maybe some of Hilary Duff's new stuff: "Reach Out" and "Stranger"
    Kerli
    Kinky - "The Headphonist"
    Kirsty Hawkshaw - "Just Be Me"
    Natalie Imbruglia
    Poloroid
    The Saturdays

picklesx3 said:

Thank you to Nesstalgia and 22ynl for posting those songs!