Old Reggae Songs?

Thread: Old Reggae Songs?

Tags: None
  1. DSCG said:

Default Old Reggae Songs?

Hey everyone ,
    I was watching homes videos the other day and came across this old reggae song song which goes something like this "Like champagne and caviar, you're such a treat, like cherries jubilee you're oh so sweet...oh, James, it's true - I get hungry when I think of you" and was wondering if anyone knew the name of it? I've been searching for a little while now , apparently the original version was the theme song to a "James Barber's" cooking show by jazz singer Dee Daniels but I just wondering if anyone knew the reggae version .....? If you have any ideas/suggestions please let me know , I really appreciate it !!
    Thanks very much !

Mixalopoulos said:

Hi and welcome,

As you probably know, it was written by Frank Ludwig & Paul MacDonald, as is called "Oh James"

You can find Dee Daniels version and an instrumental version here:

http://frankludwig.ca/other-frank-ludwig-music-projects

Was the video footage from a TV programme that you recorded, if so what was it and approx year.
    Ρεμπέτικο για πάντα. Μάγκες είμαστε.

3. DSCG said:

Hello ,

Thanks for replying and for the information , I saw the song advertise on that exact website link that you sent me.
    The video footage was just a normal home video of my family (perhaps in the late 90's) , someone was singing along to the reggae version of "Oh James" by Dee Daniels. I just wondered whether anyone knew where I could access the reggae version of it on-line.

Thanks