Head Trip 60's Track

Thread: Head Trip 60's Track

Tags: None
  1. Big60sFan said:

Default Head Trip 60's Track

Hey ALL,

I'm brand new here, and I'm glad I found you. I have been able to find most tracks, etc, I've had questions on, but, this one track has eluded me for years. I was born in 1959. I grew up listening to an older sister's "hippie" collection. I was BIG time into The Doors, Hendrix, GFRR, CCR, CSNY, and on and on and on. I started getting into this stuff in '67, "The Summer of Love". I was almost 8. I LOVED it then and I LOVE it today.

There was a track circa '68-70 that played, well, to me, at the time, like a psychedelic soundtrack to an LSD trip. Following is the best I can come up with to describe the track:

From what I recall, the track was mostly a mellow male, voice, kind of talking you through a kind of hynosis session and / or LSD trip. For example: (In my words) "You are now getting on an escalator. You are slowly rising, higher and higher. SLowly rising"....and stuff along those lines. Then, the ending was a very mellow, slow, acoustic guitar fade in and then a fade out to the son's end.

I know that is not a lot to go on. But, if you can identify this track and band for me, I will be your best friend!!! If you happen to be in the Denver area, I will buy you several rounds of beer! :O)

Thank a lot guys!......Tom, in Colorado

2. BlueNileFan said:

Maybe this, by the Man himself...

Timothy Leary -Turn on, Tune In, Drop Out
    and the Epilogue song

Albums

In 2000, Porcupine Tree did something similar with the Voyage 34: The Complete Trip album

3. Big60sFan said:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNileFan View Post
    Maybe this, by the Man himself...

Timothy Leary -Turn on, Tune In, Drop Out
    and the Epilogue song

Albums

In 2000, Porcupine Tree did something similar with the Voyage 34: The Complete Trip album
    Thanks Blue - But that's not it. My track was a longer track - I'm guessing 10 minutes or even longer.