No buttons in 'advanced mode' reply window

Thread: No buttons in 'advanced mode' reply window

Tags: None

bateli777 said:

Default No buttons in 'advanced mode' reply window

Quote Originally Posted by kmmy View Post
    the one who sings in the vid i posted is vasilis lekkas and i have to admit that i had a hard time choosing which performer i like best cuz there are a few and all are good ufff
    What's with the new Featureless posts around here?
    Ploutarxos Gia Panta

kmmy said:

mine or in general? sorry but i didnt really understand ur question

bateli777 said:

mine or in general? sorry but i didnt really understand ur question
    In general...here....I can't insert videos or use any of the text features like bolt or color....my Quick Reply ...or any Reply for that matter is featureless....
    Is it just my browser?
    Ploutarxos Gia Panta

kmmy said:

yes i think, there's no feature in quick reply, but if i press "go advanced" button it's full of things

bateli777 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Amethystos View Post
    Are you sure about it?

Evanescent still posts vids btw -> http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/le...tml#post947616

The only thing that I knew as problem was that:
    To embed more than one vid in the same post you should use the old format
    aka [*youtube=] [/youtube] (without the asterisk of course)

And just for pleasing batelli777

[ZGRC8EdTh6A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGRC8EdTh6A[/video]
    THANKS A LOT FOR THE VIDEO....
    It would please me more had I been able to do it MYSELF without having to go through the trouble of WRITING the code and just clicking an icon.
    THANKS AGAIN THOUGH
    NASAI KALA
    Ploutarxos Gia Panta

bateli777 said:

I know for sure I have been blocked by someone....
    One moderator is trying to help ...we'll see....I guess there are some evil forces around
    Ploutarxos Gia Panta

amaryn said:

Quote Originally Posted by bateli777 View Post
    I know for sure I have been blocked by someone....
    One moderator is trying to help ...we'll see....I guess there are some evil forces around
    HI BATELI!!!

These forces seem to arrive from time to time Would you be so kind and tell that moderator I have the same problems too?
    Or send me the name via pm and I'll tell myself. So far noone has reacted and the go advanced button hasn't been of any help either...

Quote Originally Posted by Amethystos View Post
    Are you sure about it?

Evanescent still posts vids btw -> http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/le...tml#post947616

The only thing that I knew as problem was that:
    To embed more than one vid in the same post you should use the old format
    aka [*youtube=] [/youtube] (without the asterisk of course)

And just for pleasing batelli777

[ZGRC8EdTh6A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGRC8EdTh6A[/video]
    HI AMETHYSTOS!!!

I can still post videos in the way you said, but the horizontal frame including different possibilities starting from painting words to embedding videos has
    simply vanished! No help in sight so far

bateli777 said:

I have told her about your situation.
    Ploutarxos Gia Panta

Tania ATL said:

Does anyone have same problems? Does this situation happens only in 'What are you listening to -Greek edition' thread, or throughout the forum? I'm not able to re-create this error at my laptop, so I need further information.

Amethystos said:

Senior Members asasas and TheSerbianhoney are also facing the same problem.
    "Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to?
    You will never find that life for which you are looking.
    When the gods created man they allotted to him death,
    but life they retained in their own keeping"

Frankie Jasmine said:

The only problem I am having [pertinent to this thread! ] is that I am allowed ONLY to post ONE video at a time, even if I use no other functions. . . such as color/bold/smilies. A plain post with two videos posted reads back to me: "You have posted more than one video. The administrator has not allowed for posting more than one video," or something like that. Two members have told me how to write the computer code, but for me it's a hassle, as batelli noted! :S

amaryn said:

No, dear Tania ATL , in my case at least it's a problem on all the threads. Colourpainting, bold, embedding.... all has vanished.
    To me also PATMOREIRA mentioned something in that direction.
    Letters sent to the administrators remained so far unanswered.
    The "Go advanced"button, as some use like Kmmy, does not help me to solve the problems mentioned above either.
    Thanks for caring!
    Last edited by amaryn; 04-24-2012 at 04:54 AM.

amaryn said:

yes i think, there's no feature in quick reply, but if i press "go advanced" button it's full of things
    Hi, Kmmy! What are these "things" you mention there? None of the things Bateli mentioned for me either, Go advanced is no alternative for us
    it seems.....

catherini said:

I have never had any options in my 'Go advanced' posts only smileys certainly no colours or bold options. Whenever I post a video I have to type in the [youtube] etc code, I didn't know there was any other way to do it

Tania ATL said:

I'm sure that this happens not because of forum software - options for all registered users are same, and if someones see buttons and others don't it may be caused by different end-user settings, especially browser settings.

That's what I've found on the web: "Sometimes the editors won't appear if there are configuration issues on your PC such as having javascript disabled in your browser, or a firewall program like ZoneAlarm blocking popup ads and referrer details."

And you may visit this link from Google http://support.google.com/bin/answer...n&answer=23852 to see how to check if you have javascript enabled and to enable it if it's disabled.

Also there may be compatibility issues. Everyone who complains - please, add information about browser name and version you use to access the forum. This information is found under Help -> about... menu in FireFox and MS IE, and in Settings -> about Chrome in Google Chrome.

bateli777 said:

Default OMP ....I see I have to take a course in computers....

It's way too much complicated for me.....had it not been for the Logo of my PC brand ( which is marked on the back of the screen)
    I would have forgotten its type completely.....
    I leave it to you guys...enjoy......I can live quite well without the buttons...or clips and fonts for that matter....
    I'll wait for my PC guy to reformat it and see if there's a change. If it stays the same...well what can I do?...
    I'm Israeli , we have much bigger issues in hand than this little set back.
    [lastly...that "link" appears on and off....now it's off ...disappeared.
    Ploutarxos Gia Panta

bateli777 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Tania ATL View Post
    I'm sure that this happens not because of forum software - options for all registered users are same, and if someones see buttons and others don't it may be caused by different end-user settings, especially browser settings.

That's what I've found on the web: "Sometimes the editors won't appear if there are configuration issues on your PC such as having javascript disabled in your browser, or a firewall program like ZoneAlarm blocking popup ads and referrer details."

And you may visit this link from Google http://support.google.com/bin/answer...n&answer=23852 to see how to check if you have javascript enabled and to enable it if it's disabled.

Also there may be compatibility issues. Everyone who complains - please, add information about browser name and version you use to access the forum. This information is found under Help -> about... menu in FireFox and MS IE, and in Settings -> about Chrome in Google Chrome.
    OKKKKKK
    After *****ing about it ....My Javascript is enabled....so that's not the case.
    And my Browser is Google Chrome ...latest version...no numbers or title attached to it.
    Don't sweat over it on my account....I'm cool with it.
    Have a great weekend.
    bateli
    Ploutarxos Gia Panta

catherini said:

I've just checked my account settings and found my problem was that I had only the 'Basic Editor' box ticked. So my problem has been solved

In the account settings, go to Miscellaneous Options and tick the box which says Enhanced Interface

I hope that helps, I should be able to brighten up my posts from now on

bateli777 said:

Quote Originally Posted by catherini View Post
    I've just checked my account settings and found my problem was that I had only the 'Basic Editor' box ticked. So my problem has been solved

In the account settings, go to Miscellaneous Options and tick the box which says Enhanced Interface

I hope that helps, I should be able to brighten up my posts from now on
    it does help - thank you catherini
    Ploutarxos Gia Panta

catherini said:

I'm very pleased I helped you Bateli and I helped myself too