Emir - Sudan Sebep into english please!

Thread: Emir - Sudan Sebep into english please!

Tags: None
  1. luceen2648 said:

Default Emir - Sudan Sebep into english please!

Can someone translate this song, please? Thanks!

Geçiyormuyum içinden
    Düşünüyormusun sen de
    Beni görmek istiyormusun
    Sudan bir sebeple

Dolaşıyorsun içimde
    Ateşten bir rüzgar gibi
    Sana kim izin verdi ki
    Aşkla çöz beni diye

Her sabah çiçek gibi
    Açılan o gözlerini
    Görmenin sihrini
    Sen bilemezsin ki

Söz verdim yarına güzel olacak
    Ay dolunay sabah çok uzak
    Üstüme düşen gölgene baktım
    Aşkın tenime çok yakışacak..

Dolaşıyorsun içimde
    Ateşten bir rüzgar gibi
    Sana kim izin verdi ki
    Aşkla çöz beni diye

Canım!
    Gönlüm aşkında
    Gözüm bakışında

2. Bruna Brasileiro said:

lütfen, someone??? lol

elfborn said:

EMİR - SUDAN SEBEP // LAME REASON**

Geçiyormuyum içinden // Do I crush into your mind?
    Düşünüyormusun sen de // Do you think of me as well?
    Beni görmek istiyormusun // Do you wanna see me
    Sudan bir sebeple // With a lame reason (for no real reason)?

Dolaşıyorsun içimde // You wind through me
    Ateşten bir rüzgar gibi // Like a wind of flame
    Sana kim izin verdi ki // Who the hell let you
    Aşkla çöz beni diye // Untie me with love?

Her sabah çiçek gibi // Each morning like flowers
    Açılan o gözlerini // Are opening your eyes
    Görmenin sihrini // The spell spreding after seeing them
    Sen bilemezsin ki // You will never feel

Söz verdim yarına güzel olacak // I promised tomorrow, it'll be OK
    Ay dolunay sabah çok uzak // It's fullmoon, morning's far away
    Üstüme düşen gölgene baktım // I looked at your shadow cast upon me
    Aşkın tenime çok yakışacak.. // Your love will fit my skin very well

Dolaşıyorsun içimde // You wind through me
    Ateşten bir rüzgar gibi // Like a wind of flame
    Sana kim izin verdi ki // Who the hell let you
    Aşkla çöz beni diye // Untie me with love?

Canım! // Sweetheart!
    Gönlüm aşkında // My heart is for you love
    Gözüm bakışında // My eye seeks for your look

** I couldn't find a more appropriate word for this usage. Just in case "lame reason" doesn't explain "sudan sebep" enough: "You want to do something but don't have a valid reason for it, so you make up one and go with it. That reason is a 'sudan sebep'."

4. Bruna Brasileiro said:

Çok tesekkürler my friend!

5. luceen2648 said:

Thank you so much!!

elfborn said:

Your welcome! It was a pleasure for me since I looooveeee this song so much. Actually I entered the Forum just to add this song with the translation and then I saw this thread had been posted. What a chance!

SiLvEr_MooN said:

I think "a slight spretext" would do as well if not lame reason.

"Beni görmek istiyor musun / Sudan bir sebeple" > Do you want to see me with the slightest pretext?

And it could have been better if you hadn't chosen to translate it directly line by line.
    I'm listening to >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFD8ZF8svzw

elfborn said:

I didn't know there was such a phrase like "slightest pretext" until I read your comment. If I had known it by the time I did the translation, I might have preferred to use it

I have thought so much about literal translation and totally refused to do it at the beginning. But as time went by I realized its necessity. So I don't agree with you on line-by-line translation. People in this forum search for lyrics of a foreign language song not just to learn the meaning but also to learn the direct meanings of the words, because they generally search for lyrics in a foreign language they are interested in. I could have translated the meaning only but it wouldn't give the same taste as this one. I generalize this conclusion from my own experiences.

SiLvEr_MooN said:

Quote Originally Posted by elfborn View Post
    Her sabah çiçek gibi // Each morning like flowers
    Açılan o gözlerini // Are opening your eyes
    Görmenin sihrini // The spell spreding after seeing them
    Sen bilemezsin ki // You will never feel
    But as you see, the part I've quoted above doesn't make any sense in this way because it is a sentence on its own. Line by line translation can of course be applied to some texts but not to the one here.

"You can't understand the charm of seeing those eyes of yours that open like a flower every morning"

Doesn't it sound more meaningful now?

Quote Originally Posted by elfborn View Post
    People in this forum search for lyrics of a foreign language song not just to learn the meaning but also to learn the direct meanings of the words, because they generally search for lyrics in a foreign language they are interested in.
    But direct words don't always give the correct meaning. Would it be enough to get the direct meaning of the words unless they got the true meaning behind the words? I don't think so.

I've been on this forum for quite a long time and have learnt that people usually want to get the meaning of the song, not the direct meaning of the words in songs.
    I'm listening to >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFD8ZF8svzw

elfborn said:

Quote Originally Posted by SiLvEr_MooN View Post
    "You can't understand the charm of seeing those eyes of yours that open like a flower every morning"
    Yes, my dear friend, it's meaningful. But mine is meaningful as well. I could've translated that part as you did and, indeed, it would be a direct translation, too. My translation aims, by using the literal translation technique where possible, the most consistent "meaningful" text in the target language. Yours is prose while mine aims to fit in poem. If I had two translations of a rhymed text which are both meaningful, I'd prefer the more poem-like one.

In conclusion, if you would like, please translate your version and post it here. Thus, members could prefer the one they like more and ignore the other. I guess, there will be people who enjoy either translation.

Quote Originally Posted by SiLvEr_MooN View Post
    "I've been on this forum for quite a long time and have learnt that people usually want to get the meaning of the song, not the direct meaning of the words in songs"
    Then I'm wrong about members of this forum but as I've said before, I generalized it from my own experiences. For this issue, I have a suggestion. From now on, members opening a thread could state which translation they would like - for example, word-for-word translation with meaning, or translation of only the meaning. It could eliminate the further disputes I think.