Translated: Ziynet SALi - Herşey güzel olacak

Thread: Translated: Ziynet SALi - Herşey güzel olacak

Tags: None

Paul Orhan said:

Default Translated: Ziynet SALi - Herşey güzel olacak

[TgNowjaCCHI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgNowjaCCHI[/video]

Ziynet Sali - "Herşey Güzel Olacak" / "Everything will be beautiful"

Geç kaldım hesapsızca kendi hayatımdan çaldım / I was late countless times, I knocked somebody off my life
    Seni buldum ben bu işten memnun kaldım / I found you and was so glad of it
    Olur mu? olmaz mı? bizi biraz zorlamaz mı? / "Could it be? Couldn't it? Won't it be a problem for us?"
    Düşünmedim bende senden farksız kaldım / I haven't thought of it, either, I was no different from you in that.

Hadi beni duy, bu ne biçim huy? / Listen to me, what kind of character is this?
    Gel de yerine başkasını koy / Put someone else in your place
    Yaşlanınca hasta olunur / One gets sick while getting old
    Yan yanaysak hep çare bulunur / (But) If we're close to each other, we'll always find a solution

Herşey güzel olacak senle olunca / Everything will be beautiful if I'm with you
    Söyleme bana aşka doyunca // Don't tell me if you get enough of this love
    Yalnız benim ol ömrüm boyunca / Be only mine for my entire life
    Her şeyin farklı / Everything about you is unusual

Hadi beni duy, bu ne biçim huy? / Listen to me, what kind of character is this?
    Gel de yerine başkasını koy / Put someone else in your place
    Yaşlanınca hasta olunur / One gets sick while getting old
    Yan yanaysak hep çare bulunur / (But) If we're close to each other, we'll always find a solution

Please, forgive me any mistakes I might have made, while translating this song. I'm sorry, I just had to do it for those who might appreciate this song as much as I do,
    Paul Orhan
    Last edited by Paul Orhan; 04-29-2012 at 10:59 AM. Reason: correction of spelling mistakes and so on...

Ghaly said:

Good one, but I would like to correct one tiny eedy weedy bitish thing

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Orhan View Post
    Geç kaldım hesapsızca kendi hayatımdan çaldım / I was late countless times, I knocked somebody off my life
    > I was late (for everything), I stole from my life countless times <

Which means, she deliberately held her life unimportant than... whatever.
    - Racism is not far, it is in everybody's nature. Detect thy fears, thy prejudices, and live in unison with these fears and every being that does not harm thee.

Paul Orhan said:

Ghaly!

Sen hazinesin, biliyor musun?

Düzeltmen için çok teşekkür ediyorum!

The part you've just corrected was, indeed, a subject of a long discussion during my today's classes!
    We couldn't understand how can anyone steal anything from one's own life hence my interpretation for the use of "çalmak" done according to tureng.com .

Thanks for being so active in the most buzzzing Forum of the entire ATL!!!

Ghaly said:

I see, what the translation you got, actually means!
    Listen up, my dear: çalmak can also mean 'to ring' OR 'to knock on a door'

There is a pun/joke, which goes: 'Soyguncu neyi çalmaz? - Kapıyı!'; translating into: "What does a thief not steal? - The door."

That makes no sense in English, yet in Turkish it does, due to the ambivalent meaning of 'çalmak'.

And you are most certainly welcome; it is my pleasure!
    - Racism is not far, it is in everybody's nature. Detect thy fears, thy prejudices, and live in unison with these fears and every being that does not harm thee.

Paul Orhan said:

Quote Originally Posted by Yeni hazinemiz

There is a pun/joke, which goes: 'Soyguncu neyi çalmaz? - Kapıyı!'; translating into: "What does a thief not steal? - The door."

That makes no sense in English, yet in Turkish it does, due to the ambivalent meaning of 'çalmak'.

I liked the joke! Funny and true!

Hey, I've had this idea about the line in qustion - she seems to have lost a few opportunities in her life before having found the right man on her way, so what about such a possibility:
    "I was late countless times and thus I robbed my life of many chances"?

Let me assure you, I 've checked all the meanings of 'çalmak' before deciding which one to choose. I always do so 'cos I've already got used to the fact that each word in Turkish seems to have ca. 1001 meanings, sometimes totally different from each other
    That's why translating from Turkish is such a demanding challenge! I can only imagine how hard it is to translate Pamuk into English and I'm grateful to all those who made it possible for me to get to know his works!

Ghaly said:

Yes, a possible translation. I know a song, which goes: "Ben sende tutuklu kaldım. Kendi hayatımdan çaldım"

I will give you a hint my Latin teacher gave us once. Maybe, it will help you with Turkish, aswell:

First of all, Turkish is a very idiomatic language, using many rhetorical pictures. Thus, you should always ensure, that you remember a certain MOVEMENT for every verb. (Of course, you cannot determine, that the root "çal-" has two main meanings: 'steal' and 'play (instrument)')

Paul Orhan said:

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaly View Post
    Yes, a possible translation. I know a song, which goes: "Ben sende tutuklu kaldım. Kendi hayatımdan çaldım"
    Aman, senin Allahın yok mu, this is chok zor(sh)!

I became your hostage (I was imprisoned in you). I've stolen myself from my life?

Actually this "sen", whoever it was, from the first sentence, has stolen someone from his/her life, no? I'd expect çaldın but here we've got çaldım - could you enlighten me how you understand this phrase, please, teacherim????

The hint was great only the Turkish verbs move sooooo much!

And that's absolutely true that the Turkish language uses so many rhetorical pictures! I wonder if it would help me to learn it quicker if I was a phlosopher or a poet myself :-|

Ghaly said:

Actually, I tried to show you another usage of the expression "hayattan çalmak". It backfired.
    Translating: "I got arrested with you. I stole from my own life."
    No, she stole from her own life, çocuğum.

Most verbs tend to move!

Maybe! Try being a philosopher!

Paul Orhan said:

Sweet! Could you also try to explain the following part "bu ne biçim huy" for me?

What's the rhetorical painting behind this lament???

I would make a lousy philosopher, you wouldn't endure my rhetorical constructions, güven bana!

Ghaly said:

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Orhan View Post
    Sweet! Could you also try to explain the following part "bu ne biçim huy" for me?

What's the rhetorical painting behind this lament???

I would make a lousy philosopher, you wouldn't endure my rhetorical constructions, güven bana!

There is no rhetorical usage in this sentence.
    "Bu ne biçim huy" means literally: "What kind of an attitude is that?"

Bu: this
    ne: what
    biçim: shape/form
    huy: habit/attitude

You could also say "Bu nasıl huy?", although it comes dramatically, if you put the 'bu' at the end: "Nasıl huy bu?"

Paul Orhan said:

TSK'ler!!!!!!!!!!

Ghaly said:

Lâfı mı olur.

Paul Orhan said:

Buyrun:

Çok teşekkürler!

Frankie Jasmine said:

Good one, but I would like to correct one tiny eedy weedy bitish thing

> I was late (for everything), I stole from my life countless times <

Which means, she deliberately held her life unimportant than... whatever.

I will give you a hint my Latin teacher gave us once. Maybe, it will help you with Turkish, aswell:

First of all, Turkish is a very idiomatic language, using many rhetorical pictures. Thus, you should always ensure, that you remember a certain MOVEMENT for every verb. (Of course, you cannot determine, that the root "çal-" has two main meanings: 'steal' and 'play (instrument)')

My dear Ghaly,

This is what I appreciate so much about your corrections. (Well, of course, you are very polite, kind, and patient.) You give these explanations which make Turkish "live," even to those of us who are not as familiar with it. And yes, I love the explanation about a certain MOVEMENT for every verb.
    Turkish impresses me as a very poetic language in its very content and structure; that poetry cannot always just "translate" directly into English (or perhaps even another language). Perhaps I'm not using the correct word--would symbolism be more accurate?

Anyway, there's something I will always 'miss-the-mark' about this lovely language because I am not living it. Thank you for bringing it to life by the things you say. Even if I never conquer the Turkish language--or should I say, even if I never make love to the Turkish language?--I will remember the things you have said and will try to apply what you say.

Thank you very much for this kind of explanation. And I know Paul well enough to understand that he is thrilled even more than I about it, because he is actively learning Turkish . . . and we BOTH love all things/peoples/etc. Turkish!!!
    _ _ _ _ _

P.S. Ghaly, this might drive others crazy: I "translate" American slang and colloquialisms into definitions or explanations from Engish songs posted. Otherwise, the sense of the American song can be lost on the second-language reader. And the double meanings, the street lingo, the word pictures, the meaning between the lines, is what makes some songs so interesting and more complex than they appear on the surface. I jokingly say this is the only "translation" I am able to do on ATL!!! JK, yes, but true! If you ever need help with American symbolism, slang, or other such, please let me know!! Hahaha! I MUST be good for something!

Frankie Jasmine said:

Paul,

I'm so proud of your translation skill!!! I think you have made some great strides in learning and understanding Turkish!! Congratulations!

Ghaly said:

Dear Frankie Jasmine,

I thank you very much for that pep-talk you gave me. You spoil me, really!
    Yes, I sometimes realize that there is more to one songtext, than at first sight appears to be.
    Sometimes, I cannot believe I am telling anyone this, the "between-lines" meaning pops into my mind; mostly in the toilet.

And then, I am like: Oh my gosh, this shrewd concealment is really to be approved!

It is really weird though; the most flashes of genius I get in the shower or the toilet... Hm, I should consider becoming a plumber...

Paul Orhan said:

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Jasmine View Post
    Paul,

I'm so proud of your translation skill!!! I think you have made some great strides in learning and understanding Turkish!! Congratulations!
    Thank you Frankie!

Honestly speaking, I shall pass this remark to my teacher who's done the majority of it to Polish first of all!

I only translated from Polish to English. Which wasn't that difficult as the first part

Frankie Jasmine said:

Default A Gift for Ghaly

Dear Frankie Jasmine,

I thank you very much for that pep-talk you gave me. You spoil me, really!
    Yes, I sometimes realize that there is more to one songtext, than at first sight appears to be.
    Sometimes, I cannot believe I am telling anyone this, the "between-lines" meaning pops into my mind; mostly in the toilet.

And then, I am like: Oh my gosh, this shrewd concealment is really to be approved!

It is really weird though; the most flashes of genius I get in the shower or the toilet... Hm, I should consider becoming a plumber...

Dear Ghaly,

I like to spoil people who are deserving. It's part of my life's goal!!

Now I have the opportunity to correct you, Ghaly--as a Master Plumber's daughter, DO NOT become a plumber! If you do, then your problem-solving skills which come from relaxating in the bathroom will be for PLUMBING PROBLEMS!!! As it is now, whatever pieces of intellectual problems are yet unsolved in your mind, come to fruition in the room where you believe you are relaxing . . . Actually, your brain is working subconsciously for you, just as it often does in sleep . . . Wily problems are solved there that have plagued you during the day!

A Master Plumber is indeed a worthy and well-needed occupation. However, a brain like yours is best left to solve less tangible problems . . . please!

You made me laugh the best laugh I've had in a long time . . . I sit here alone in my living-room in uproarious laughter, thanks to you!!! (I am so glad to have made your acquaintance!)

As a gift I send you the chair below. However, you may use no electronic devices until you have used the chair for its appropriate purpose and solved a knotty problem in your mind. At that point, all the electronic devices are there at your disposal (pun intended). You must abide by the rule, though, or I will send a technician to uninstall all the electronic devices . . .

Please excuse the antiquity of the PC, phones, etc. I will send modern replacements, such as PC Notebook, cell phones, etc., once I see that you are using the chair for its intended knotty-problem-solving purpose. Right now I'm working within my budget and the shipping costs are enormous. Expected delivery (sorry) six weeks. Will try to push the shipper for earlier deivery.

Paul Orhan said:

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Jasmine View Post
    [B]Dear Ghaly,

You made me laugh the best laugh I've had in a long time . . . I sit here alone in my living-room in uproarious laughter, thanks to you!!! (I am so glad to have made your acquaintance!)
    Same HERE!!!! LMAO!
    We have something in common! LOL ))))))))))

But then, come to think of it, didn't Archimedes make one of his historical discoveries while relaxing himself in a bathroom??? )))))))

I love singing in a bathroom, too!!! The echo created by the titles and the right humidity make for a perfect ambience!

You a plumber?
    You don't want to waste this great brains for something so low?
    Mashallah!

You'd better become a philosopher, the Turks have a special predilection for that, don't they???

Ghaly said:

Aw, you are all so sweet

Oh, Frankie Jasmine, I really like the chair, and I am sorry, that the shipping costs and delivery makes you have a hard time, but I will know the value of this chair!
    By the way, I like antiques, so it is quite fine. I even have these oldie-phones, you know, those with dial plate and brazen bell and all piercing-loud. I love it!
    And, I must tell, that I, for instance, also am very happy to know you guys! I like teaching as well as being taught! So, thank you! ;D