Like a sleeping angel from paradise.
    A slumbering child;
    Symbolic of true love, of tranquility, of peace;
    Of all good things endangered.
    Sweet dreams my child,
    Sweet dreams.
    For tomorrow you awake.

Frankie Jasmine said:

Far, far better and more true and meaningful than the cruel, "Rock-A-Bye Baby in the treetop . . . " !!

Your rhyme should now replace that horrible old one, I think!! Very pretty

amaryn said:

The last line, Frankie, smashes the idea of the "everything's fine". The sword of Damocles is hanging menacingly above the child's head:
    "for tomorrow you awake" IOW: "just wait and see and let me help you out of that (sweet)dream!"

Reality steps in there...alas....

curiosity_kills_the_cat said:

"Symbolic...of all good things endangered" makes me shudder.

Frankie Jasmine said:

Quote Originally Posted by curiosity_kills_the_cat View Post
    "Symbolic...of all good things endangered" makes me shudder.
    Yes, amaryn. Sorry your very good irony was lost on me. I was in a truly good mood when I read it, and did not register the "endangered" signal before the last line! "curiosity..." is so right! :S :l

Johnb31 said:

I'm reading this for the 3rd time now I guess I forgot to comment the first two but this is really good it fills my heart with a little warmth. It's sad that such places and things are so hard to come by it seems that everything man touches becomes cautious if only our world could be innocent again.
    There is not enough space or time to truly let the song unwind

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Johnb31 View Post
    I'm reading this for the 3rd time now I guess I forgot to comment the first two but this is really good it fills my heart with a little warmth. It's sad that such places and things are so hard to come by it seems that everything man touches becomes cautious if only our world could be innocent again.
    After reading John's reply,all I can say is,I like his comment as much as the poem itself!He says something that's in my heart but unable to say!well said John,great piece James "LooknGlass"!