Help me identify this song I heard at Old Navy

Thread: Help me identify this song I heard at Old Navy

Tags: identify, navy, pop, song
  1. nimby14 said:

Default Help me identify this song I heard at Old Navy

I heard this song when I was in holiday in San Francisco at an Old Navy shop last summer, and it's been bugging me ever since. I recorded a short clip of it on my phone which I presumed I could use to identify the song. Since then I've tried shazam, sound hound, tunatic, musicid, audiotag and many more, all to no avail. I've even tried singing the tune on midomi

If anyone could listen to the clip I recorded and tell me the name of the song, I would be most grateful

http://soundcloud.com/nimby14/what-song-am-i/s-MWcJj

(the audio gets clearer near the end of the clip)

EDIT: If you don't know what the song is, if you could at least try and make out the lyrics (especially near the end of the clip) I can try and google them (the lyrics that I made out aren't right)
    Last edited by nimby14; 05-05-2012 at 08:12 AM.

RIPStuNov22 said:

Starting about the 25 second mark I clearly heard:

"...I wear this tropical dress, wear this tropical dress and let it flow down..."

but that string produced no matching results from Google.
    It's during times like these that I remember my Father's
    last words, which were: "Don't son, that gun is loaded."

3. nimby14 said:

Thank you very much for replying, I was beginning to lose hope in this thread!
    After listening to the clip again, the lyrics you posted seem to make sense, as after that line I can hear "flow down your tan legs, tan legs".
    Unfortunately a google search brings up nothing for those lyrics, so I wonder if it's something else.
    What do you hear at 0:52? I can't make out the first bit of what she says, but after that it sounds like "somebody's skin, dancing" or "sun by your skin, dancing"
    Anyway, I've emailed Old Navy asking them for a list of songs played in their stores last July, so hopefully they will send me that list soon so I can find this song